Windows 10: Iomega Zip Drive not working with Windows 10 - a possible solution.

Discus and support Iomega Zip Drive not working with Windows 10 - a possible solution. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a similar problem that others have had with Iomega Zip drives not working with Windows 10 and threads to user issues are locked so I thought I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Simon Sayer, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Iomega Zip Drive not working with Windows 10 - a possible solution.

I had a similar problem that others have had with Iomega Zip drives not working with Windows 10 and threads to user issues are locked so I thought I would add a solution that worked for me here.

My device is an Iomega USB Zip 250 with its own power supply.

It was working on an XP desktop but not on a Windows 10 laptop.

The device would appear on 'control panel - devices and printers' and in 'device manager' as a disk drive.

The device properties indicated that it was working properly.

However, in 'file explorer' it would either not exist or be inaccessible.

This is what worked for me:-

Open 'Device Manager' (Cortana search).

Expand 'Disk drives' (click the > symbol).

Open properties for the Iomega device (double click).

Click the 'Policies' tab.

Under 'Removal policy' check 'Better performance'.

Under 'Write-caching policy' check 'Enable write caching'.

Under 'Write-caching policy' check 'Turn off Windows write-cache buffer'.

Click the 'OK' button.

After the above steps the Zip drive appeared in file explorer as a normal USB storage device.

My thoughts are that the Zip drive itself was powering down to an inaccessible hibernation mode after initialisation but with caching switched on the zip disk and its files become available in this mode.

:)

Simon Sayer, Jun 23, 2019
  2. TXZ
    TXZ Win User

Iomega 100 zip drive with windows 10

I have a similar problem. I have bought a used iomega zip 100 driver, trying to read some sold discs. Together I bought a parallel-to-USB adaptor so that the driver can be connected to by PC, running on Windows 10. However, the PC does not recognize the
    zip driver at all. I saw some community message suggesting an old Windows version might work with Zip drive. I got out an old Toshiba running Windows XP and conned the driver to it, same thing. The PC actually acknowledges the plug in of a Printer (probably
    the parallel cable). Is there a way to make the zip driver/parallel cable recognized by windows 10?

Thanks.

3. kaitoo Win User

OLD ZIP 100.

I just install my old iomega Zip 100 on my windows 10 server amog all kind of hard, floppy, CD/DVD and now Zip.

Use your IDE socket in the mother board and plug the power.

If you have by chance the external Zip drive (blue box) then use a cable parallel to serie (big long connector to small blue multypin connector (the kind used for VGA monitors) if you have an old mother board, you may have a parallel connector at the back
    of your PC.

kaitoo, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Iomega Zip Drive not working with Windows 10 - a possible solution.

This one maybe? see
    here

Mike Hall... always, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Iomega Zip Drive not working with Windows 10 - a possible solution.

1. Iomega Zip Drive not working with Windows 10 - a possible solution. - Similar Threads - Iomega Zip Drive

2. iomega 250 zip drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iomega 250 zip drive: can't see iomega zip drive on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iomega-250-zip-drive/03a766f5-df89-4054-a99f-a95d3f5d76eb
  3. iomega 250 zip drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iomega 250 zip drive: can't see iomega zip drive on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iomega-250-zip-drive/03a766f5-df89-4054-a99f-a95d3f5d76eb
  4. iomega 250 zip drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Is there any way to get an Iomega zip 250 drive to work in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to get an Iomega zip 250 drive to work in windows 11: Is there anyway to get my Iomega Zip 250 drive to work on windows 11 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-get-an-iomega-zip-250-drive-to/065afa9e-6dae-4821-864d-53b40676650f
  6. Is there any way to get an Iomega zip 250 drive to work in windows 11

Is there any way to get an Iomega zip 250 drive to work in windows 11: Is there anyway to get my Iomega Zip 250 drive to work on windows 11 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-get-an-iomega-zip-250-drive-to/065afa9e-6dae-4821-864d-53b40676650f
  7. Iomega 250 Zip Drive not working with Windows 8.1 nor 10

Iomega 250 Zip Drive not working with Windows 8.1 nor 10: My device is an IomegaUSB Zip 250 with a separate power supply. I have several discs that have a lot of data that I’d like to get at,but can’t access. It was working on an oldXP laptop from many years ago but will not work on a Windows 8.1 nor a 10laptop. I’ve since gotten...
  8. Iomega Zip 250 USB

Iomega Zip 250 USB: i have an Iomega Zip 250 USB, and have been trying to get it to work with Windows 10, It shows up as a USB drive and says all is working, but still not. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get this to work? Need someone's expert help,...
  9. iomega zips mac fomatted

iomega zips mac fomatted: can i retrieve files from it in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iomega-zips-mac-fomatted/2f585b15-1b84-4ce1-890e-3368d3d70333
  10. Iomega Zip Drive

Iomega Zip Drive: I have the above and I'm told by others that Windows 10 will automatically recognize it as a 'disc drive.' However, when I connect the USB to my computer, I hear the normal 'beep', but the drive is not read. Any suggestions??...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iomega drivers windows 10

2. iomega zip 100 drivers windows 10

3. zip plus 100 work with windows 10

4. iomega zip drive windows 10,
  5. iomega zip driver windows 10,
  6. iomega zip drive drivers,
  7. iomega dm5305 drivers for windows 10,
  8. iomega usb driver windows 10,
  9. iomega zip drivers for windows 10,
  10. iomega zip drivers windows 10,
  11. iomega software for windows 10,