Windows 10: iOS apps coming to Windows Universal Apps

Discus and support iOS apps coming to Windows Universal Apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; One thing that didn't get much notice during the Build keynote speech is that Visual Studio 2015 can now build native Objective C apps and target... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mystere, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Mystere Win User

iOS apps coming to Windows Universal Apps

One thing that didn't get much notice during the Build keynote speech is that Visual Studio 2015 can now build native Objective C apps and target Windows Universal, including the iOS libraries. Apparently, King Games used this to bring Candy Crush Saga to Windows Universal.

We may see a LOT more iOS apps being ported to Windows Univeral apps in the future...

:)

Mystere, Apr 29, 2015

2. Widevine for Windows 10 Universal App

I have to build a Windows 10 Universal App for video streaming and I already use the Widevine DRM to my videos on other platforms ( Android & iOS ). So, does Windows 10 Universal App support WidevineDRM ?

Thank you iOS apps coming to Windows Universal Apps :)

Jaturong Thongkam, Apr 29, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    Installing APK to Windows 10 Mobile 950XL

The Android subsystem, aka Project Astoria, has been put on hold and hasn't been present in various Windows 10 Mobile builds for months now. The rumours coming out (they're not hard to find, do a search for recent Astoria articles) is that having an Android
    subsystem slowed down the phone (so to emulate that laggy Android experience), drained the battery, was difficult to create in the first place, and took about 10 times the manpower compared to creating Project Islandwood, the iOS bridge.

I really hate to say it, but if you want to run Android apps, get an Android device of some kind. The goal of Islandwood, Astoria, and the other Windows bridges aren't to allow end-users to sideload apps for other platforms, it's to make it extremely easy
    for developers to bring their apps to the Universal Windows Platform.

And seeing as iOS apps are almost universally better than their Android counterparts, I would put more faith into Islandwood. If the Windows bridges succeed in bringing more apps to UWP, then we definitely want them sourced from iOS than Android.

Entegy, Apr 29, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I noticed that and that could be interesting and more easy to port iOS apps to Windows 10.

BunnyJ, Apr 29, 2015
Thema:

1. iOS apps coming to Windows Universal Apps - Similar Threads - iOS apps coming

2. ios excel app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ios excel app: hello:My ios excel app has enlarged one of my worksheets while using airprint which wasn’t an issue before. my 5 page doc is now 68 pages while using airprint? My desktop version is still fitted correctly when printing....
  3. Universal mail App

Universal mail App: I purchased the Universal mail App. When I tried to log in to my third-party email account it gives the message "account type not support" . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-mail-app/82675005-5158-41aa-aa4f-f4f9343170c2
  4. Live Photos come to OneDrive iOS app

in Windows 10 News
    Live Photos come to OneDrive iOS app: We are thrilled to announce that the OneDrive iOS app now uploads Live Photos. When you take a Live Photo, you capture a still image along with several seconds of before and after video. OneDrive now stores and plays back the full motion and sound of your Live Photos,...
  5. Universal apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Universal apps: Hello Microsoft I need a bit of help with something. I need a way of hiding Universal apps from being in my start bar. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-apps/0e601425-6323-4ead-b1b4-0e6f208dd544
  6. Universal app emulator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Universal app emulator?: Please read carefully before replying. I have read here that a developer can use an emulator included in Microsoft Visual Studio to test his universal (modern interface, Windows Store) apps, even if he is running Windows 7 on his computer. This is interesting as there are...
  7. Universal apps how to?

Universal apps how to?: Is there a way to check if an app is Universal or not? For example, if I want to install the Netflix Universal app, will it just automatically be the one in the store? Because, isn't there still a non-universal version? Also, I have heard about people sorting or organizing,...
  8. Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App

in Windows 10 News
    Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App: Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App During a session at Build 2016, Microsoft revealed new features coming to Windows 10 via the upcoming Anniversary Update — chasable live tiles, adaptive notifications, an improved action center, and much...
  9. Skype Universal Windows Platform app Preview for Windows 10 is coming

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Universal Windows Platform app Preview for Windows 10 is coming: We’ve been listening, and we’ve heard you. In the coming weeks, we’ll release the first version of the Skype Universal Windows Platform Preview app to our Windows Insiders for testing. You may be wondering why, and what this means for the Skype experiences you are using on...
  10. Windows 10 OneDrive universal app coming in Q4 2015

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 OneDrive universal app coming in Q4 2015: Microsoft has big plans for its OneDrive cloud service, and this week they showed off a roadmap of upcoming features and improvements as part of its Ignite IT conference in Chicago. One of those additions is the planned launch of a universal OneDrive app for Windows 10...