Windows 10: IoT botnet infects 100,000 routers to send spam

Discus and support IoT botnet infects 100,000 routers to send spam in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A new botnet made up of roughly 100,000 home routers has silently grown over the past two months. According to current evidence, the botnet's operators... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

IoT botnet infects 100,000 routers to send spam

Read more: IoT botnet infects 100,000 routers to send Hotmail, Outlook, and Yahoo spam | ZDNet

See also: BCMPUPnP_Hunter: A 100k Botnet Turns Home Routers to Email Spammers

:)

Brink, Nov 7, 2018

2. MS Leads Shut Down Of Rustock--MAJOR Spam Botnet

Interesting tale and very good news.

Source

Wrigleyvillain, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Windows Live Mail 2012 refuses to send emails, claims they're spam

My wife uses Windows Live Mail 2012 and says it refuses to send emails, claiming they're spam. This is even replying to someone who is in her contacts list. I have run several different virus checks and nothing comes up. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

Charliedog, Nov 7, 2018
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

1. IoT botnet infects 100,000 routers to send spam - Similar Threads - IoT botnet infects

2. Alljoyn router 100% cpu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alljoyn router 100% cpu?: How can I fix this?Win 10: Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alljoyn-router-100-cpu/c58ecbf2-0592-4f33-9e9b-0b19df35e1d2
  3. Alljoyn router 100% cpu?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alljoyn router 100% cpu?: How can I fix this?Win 10: Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alljoyn-router-100-cpu/c58ecbf2-0592-4f33-9e9b-0b19df35e1d2
  4. Botnet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Botnet: HiA computer with Windows 10 that had not been on my network prior, had nod32 antivirus installed but some of the features were turned off like the firewall and the botnet services. As soon as I turned them on I got a message from Nod32 blocking an event that was a TCP port...
  5. Botnet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Botnet: HiA computer with Windows 10 that had not been on my network prior, had nod32 antivirus installed but some of the features were turned off like the firewall and the botnet services. As soon as I turned them on I got a message from Nod32 blocking an event that was a TCP port...
  6. Botnet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I am 100% infected!!!

I am 100% infected!!!: Someone using a mobile device which Microsoft believes is actually me & is good, has pretty much taken control. They have ruined computer after computer on me. Windows defender & countless others including Mal. Bytes are manipulated by them upon download & are useless. I...
  8. Microsoft Hijacks Necurs Botnet that Infected 9 Million PCs Worldwide

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Hijacks Necurs Botnet that Infected 9 Million PCs Worldwide: Microsoft today announced that it has successfully disrupted the botnet network of the Necurs malware, which has infected more than 9 million computers globally, and also hijacked the majority of its infrastructure. The latest botnet takedown was the result of a coordinated...
  9. Botnet

Botnet: good read: [img] 37882
  10. CIA Infection of Routers

CIA Infection of Routers: What do the forum's security experts think of this? https://arstechnica.com/security/201...stening-posts/ 86979