Windows 10: IP address compromised?

Discus and support IP address compromised? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Repeated calls telling me that my IP address has been compromised and I need to call the number given. I believe this to be a scam. is it, or is it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JimAgnew1, Dec 8, 2019.

1. JimAgnew1 Win User

IP address compromised?

Repeated calls telling me that my IP address has been compromised and I need to call the number given. I believe this to be a scam. is it, or is it valid?

:)

JimAgnew1, Dec 8, 2019

2. ip address compromised

Hi Richard,

sure it is a scam. IP address cannot be compromised (as your street address cannot) only device may be compromised.

Igor Leyko, Dec 8, 2019
  3. IP address compromised

See:

PS: Can you access
    https://msn.com
    using Edge or Internet Explorer (i.e., not Firefox, Chrome or any other alternate browser)?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Dec 8, 2019
  4. IP address compromised?

IP address compromised

I have been notified that my IP address has been compromised and all McAfee Live Safe and Virus Scan Plus show that my machine is clean. Any Advice?

JeanDeschene, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

IP address compromised?

1. IP address compromised? - Similar Threads - address compromised

2. Can security on a Microsoft account email address be compromised?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can security on a Microsoft account email address be compromised?: There have been recent attempts to connect to my MS account which the records in View Account Activity show as unsuccessful but these have coincided with very suspicious phishing attacks on the same mailbox.The account activity shows multiple "IMAP Autosynch" attempts...
  3. Can security on a Microsoft account email address be compromised?

Can security on a Microsoft account email address be compromised?: There have been recent attempts to connect to my MS account which the records in View Account Activity show as unsuccessful but these have coincided with very suspicious phishing attacks on the same mailbox.The account activity shows multiple "IMAP Autosynch" attempts...
  4. IP address is compromised / license expires soon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    IP address is compromised / license expires soon: I have gotten several phone calls with a person who claims to be from Microsoft and they tell me that my IP address has been compromised and my license is expiring. Are these scam phone calls or do you actually call people like this?...
  5. How to tell if IP address has been compromised?

How to tell if IP address has been compromised?: Received phone call this morning from "Microsoft" that my IP address was compromised by other's from different countries. Caller said I needed to change my IP address. Caller ID on phone was my first and last name and phone number. I have received e-mails from Romania and...
  6. Phone calls about IP address compromised.

Phone calls about IP address compromised.: Should I be concerned if I keep getting phone calls from Microsoft telling me my IP address has been compromised by foreigners and to press 1 for help? I hang up but the calls are coming from my landline to my cell....
  7. IP address compromised per Microsoft call.

IP address compromised per Microsoft call.: I have received 3 telephone calls telling me my IP address has been compromised by several countries and will be shut down within 24/48 hours. They said press 1 to speak to a tech who would change my IP address....
  8. ip address compromised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ip address compromised: I have been getting several calls today on my home phone that my IP address has been compromised. My phone displays my home phone number like I'm calling myself. Is this a scam?...
  9. IP address compromised per Microsoft call.

IP address compromised per Microsoft call.: I have received 2 telephone calls telling me my IP address has been compromised by several countries and will be shut down within 24/48 hours. They said press 1 to speak to a tech who would change my IP address. Is this a legitimate Microsoft telephone call?...
  10. Phone call about compromises IP address from several countries

Phone call about compromises IP address from several countries: Just received a phone call from microsoft stating that my IP address has been compromised multiple times for multiple countries. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-call-about-compromises-ip-address-from/36935bf0-bb3c-47cb-b224-e73fdbf4b259"