Windows 10: IP-address keeps changing every hour and quickly disconnects internet

Discus and support IP-address keeps changing every hour and quickly disconnects internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; IP-address keeps changing every hour and quickly disconnects internet So I have had this problem now for one week. I am sharing internet connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karhu122, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Karhu122 Win User

IP-address keeps changing every hour and quickly disconnects internet

So I have had this problem now for one week. I am sharing internet connection via my android phone. Sometimes with hotspot and usually with USB-tethering. I did solve the problem for a moment by restoring to a restore point. After a day later I updated my windows and the problem started occuring again.

Here are the updates I got:

I have researched this problem and I found out that it has something to do with DHCP lease time. Because I am using android for the internet connection I can’t change lease times and also the problem hasn’t occured before and I fixed it for a moment so it is not a problem with my android phone or my ISP. It is a Windows problem and I wonder if the problem is in the updates I got before.

Before the lease time have always grown from the original time because it detects that internet is being used and it can't do it then. But after the Windows updates it doesn't recognize that internet being used and when the lease time expires after one hour it changes my IP and I'm getting lagged out for a moment. The IP changing is continuing every hour.

How the problem looks like:

IP-address keeps changing every hour and quickly disconnects internet 2f9d4c6b-ad9d-4d5b-8d94-b25ed163bced?upload=true.png

Before the problem the lease time was increasing like this:

IP-address keeps changing every hour and quickly disconnects internet 358a94bf-fa26-4516-8c15-4c246a1c3231?upload=true.png

I am using Windows 10 Home edition and my android phone is Samsung Galaxy J5 2016.

I hope we could fix this problem. Thank you for your time!

:)

Karhu122, Apr 11, 2019
  2. regan1985 Win User

My internet keeps disconnecting

ok so do these settings sound right
    ENCAPSULATION-PPOE OVER ETHERNET
    INTERNET IP ADDRESS- USE STATIC IP-192.168.1.1?
    DNS-PRIMARY 192.168.1.1?

change the lan settings to give out ips from 192.168.1.21 and keep DHCP enabled?

regan1985, Apr 11, 2019
  3. TeethEar Win User
    IP Address Keeps changing

Well, my IP address keeps changing randomly. I have gone into the "Internet Protocol Version 4 Properties" and I have set up the information but my IP address just keeps changing. And the change is really strange because I will go from the East Coast to
    the West Coast in a few seconds.

TeethEar, Apr 11, 2019
  4. IP-address keeps changing every hour and quickly disconnects internet

My internet keeps disconnecting

Encapsulation can be pppoe or the atm one. im pretty sure that setting applies to the modem port, and is not relevant in this scenario.

The internet ip address should be 192.168.1.2. The dlink keep 192.168.1.1.
    If you keep dhcp on the dlink, and disable it on the netgear. you will just need to manually enter the ip and gateway information to your ipod when you connect it.

Your dns primary and gateway for the netgear, and all devices connected to the netgear should be 192.168.1.1

Hybrid_theory, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

1. IP-address keeps changing every hour and quickly disconnects internet - Similar Threads - address keeps changing

2. change ip address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change ip address: I need help changing my ip address can you get on my machine and change it for me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-ip-address/cbd3a599-43f7-4737-aeae-4a2b6de28873
  3. Ip Addresses keeps Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ip Addresses keeps Changing: Hi. Please assist Windows 10 Constantly keeps Changing my IP Address Apart from my Router IP Address & this includes all my Network IP Addresses How Can I Stop this,it is create Problems & also with my WIFI Extender Thank you Darryl...
  4. Why does an IP address keep changing?

Why does an IP address keep changing?: My printer IP address keeps changing. See attachment. The Port name is always 192.168.1.6 but the Printer IP keeps changing from .6 to .7 and I have to frequently reconfigure the port. Can I stop this from happening? 152517
  5. 24 hour lease on ip address

24 hour lease on ip address: Why does my ip address lease expire in 24 hours ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/24-hour-lease-on-ip-address/62e22dd0-035e-4f76-a4a7-e8fb8de1e659
  6. Internet Disconnects Once Every Hour Then Reconnects?

Internet Disconnects Once Every Hour Then Reconnects?: Hi, Have a strange issue: The Internet disconnects once every hour then reconnects? I notice above because I have HexChat IRC running. Any ideas? I tried two different network cards with same issue. Thanks! Desktop: - Windows 10 Pro 64Bit version 1809 - Gigabyte...
  7. Internet connection keeps disconnecting every hour and then reconnecting (DHCP-client issue)

Internet connection keeps disconnecting every hour and then reconnecting (DHCP-client issue): I started having problems with DHCP-client after update April 9, 2019—KB4493509 (OS Build 17763.437). DHCP-client lease renewal attempts fail every hour. After the lease ends, DHCP-client gets immediately new IP-address. This causes about 5-10 seconds internet drop which...
  8. IP-address keeps changing every hour and quickly disconnects internet

IP-address keeps changing every hour and quickly disconnects internet: So I have had this problem now for one week. I am sharing internet connection via my android phone. Sometimes with hotspot and usually with USB-tethering. I did solve the problem for a moment by restoring to a restore point. After a day later I updated my windows and the...
  9. IP-address keeps changing every hour and quickly disconnects internet

IP-address keeps changing every hour and quickly disconnects internet: So I have had this problem now for one week. I am sharing internet connection via my android phone. Sometimes with hotspot and usually with USB-tethering. I did solve the problem for a moment by restoring to a restore point. After a day later I updated my windows and the...
  10. IP Address Keeps changing

IP Address Keeps changing: Well, my IP address keeps changing randomly. I have gone into the "Internet Protocol Version 4 Properties" and I have set up the information but my IP address just keeps changing. And the change is really strange because I will go from the East Coast to the West Coast in a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ip address changes every hour

2. ip address keeps changing every hour - Windows 10