Windows 10: IP address location wrong country

Discus and support IP address location wrong country in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My browser shows that I'm in Canada and reroutes all my sites through Canada even though I'm in Michigan. My settings in Chrome show I'm in the US.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarcRosen1, Jan 3, 2020.

1. IP address location wrong country

My browser shows that I'm in Canada and reroutes all my sites through Canada even though I'm in Michigan. My settings in Chrome show I'm in the US. Despite that, all my sites, such as AOL and Amazon, locate me in Canada. It also registers I'm in Canada on other browsers, such as Explorer and Safari. The problem is on this computer both in my office and at home when I bring it home. I've rebooted by router with no improvement. I've gone into Settings on Chrome and the Control Panel in Windows to make sure it says I'm in the USA, which it does. I've spoken to AT&T, my service provider, which was no help. Any suggestions??

:)

MarcRosen1, Jan 3, 2020

2. Wrong IP address

Hi JinwooJB,

You might want to Renew your IP address.

Step 1:

Right-click Windows key then select Command Prompt (Administrator much better)

Step 2:

On Command Prompt, enter “ipconfig/release” then press (Enter) to release your computer’s current IP Address.

You will see that the Ethernet adapter section has no numerical values.

Step 3:

Enter “ipconfig/renew” then press (Enter) to renew your computer’s IP Address.

If these steps help. Feel free to leave your feedback.

Thanks and have a good day!

RichardGuerzon, Jan 3, 2020
  3. LMiller7 Win User
    Speedtest.net and edge show wrong location

Methods of locating the physical location of an IP address are prone to error. One service showed my location off by some 1500 KM, and in the wrong country. I have heard of worse.

LMiller7, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

IP address location wrong country

Why am I getting the wrong IP address and why am I being directed to another country's version of website?

Hi Hamida,

The Internet Protocol (IP) address that your device is using is usually based on the TCP/IP settings on your device. To better understand your concern about the version of websites that are loading on your device, we'd like to know the following:

• The last activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • The troubleshooting steps that you've already performed.
    • The Time & language configuration on your device. To check this, you can perform the following:
      • Search and launch Settings using Cortana.
      • Click on Time & language.
      • Under the Date and time section, Time zone should be set to the correct value based on your location in the United States.
      • Click on Region & language. Under Country or region, the value should be set to United States.
    In the meantime, we'd recommend setting the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) to automatic. DHCP automatically assigns IP addresses to the computer based on the value that it gets from your modem or router. To do this, you can perform the steps
    posted on this
    link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

IP address location wrong country

1. IP address location wrong country - Similar Threads - address location wrong

2. Using another ip address from another country

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using another ip address from another country: Hey support i hope you are doing well, Recently i found by coincidence an issue in laptop, i do my research on Google, then i found results from website has Netherlands domain + the Dutch language, for example i wrote "news" on google , when i scroll down found the name of...
  3. Using another ip address from another country

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using another ip address from another country: Hey support i hope you are doing well, Recently i found by coincidence an issue in laptop, i do my research on Google, then i found results from website has Netherlands domain + the Dutch language, for example i wrote "news" on google , when i scroll down found the name of...
  4. Using another ip address from another country

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. IP address wrong?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IP address wrong?: By clicking a link here is the message I Get....."No se pudo encontrar la dirección IP del servidor de edicion.tramita.comunidad.madrid".No way to follow the link. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address-wrong/407d68bf-614b-45db-bb43-adf529a38a08
  6. IP address wrong?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IP address wrong?: By clicking a link here is the message I Get....."No se pudo encontrar la dirección IP del servidor de edicion.tramita.comunidad.madrid".No way to follow the link. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address-wrong/407d68bf-614b-45db-bb43-adf529a38a08
  7. Wrong IP address

Wrong IP address: My computer for the last year keeps getting the wrong ip address. This can be fixed most of the time by restarting my computer, but it is weird how it keeps thinking I'm on the other side of the country. So when I go on other applications, they think I'm using a VPN and deny...
  8. Microsoft Ip address in different country

Microsoft Ip address in different country: Hi,When i go to command prompt and put netstat -ano to see established Foreign IP addresses, I noticed apart from Microsoft Canada and US ip addresses, there was Microsoft India’s Ip address 104.211.96.15 and Microsoft Korea’s IP address 20.190.4.251it is very concerning...
  9. IP Address Location Incorrect

IP Address Location Incorrect: Hi there, I've been having some trouble with connecting to internet due to incorrect IP address location. My laptop is on a Windows 10. 1. I tried browsing but connecting to a website took a fairly long time and it lead me to an another country's version of that website....
  10. Wrong IP address

Wrong IP address: Hey! So I got my pc repaired recently and noticed that my internet is weirdly bad. I checked my ip address and it is some other state. Not sure why, it's not the routers fault since my other devices are working just fine. I think it might have to do something with the repair...