Windows 10: IP Address must be manually released/renewed every time Windows is restarted.

Discus and support IP Address must be manually released/renewed every time Windows is restarted. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I am having an issue with network connectivity on my laptop. Every time I restart my Windows OS, in order to get an internet connection I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AdamMor, Aug 3, 2018.

1. AdamMor Win User

IP Address must be manually released/renewed every time Windows is restarted.

Hello all,

I am having an issue with network connectivity on my laptop. Every time I restart my Windows OS, in order to get an internet connection I must manually release and renew my IP address via the command prompt. This happens with both Wired and wireless connections, and happens on different internet connections as well, meaning I still have to release and renew my IP address via the command prompt whether I am using my internet at home, school, or anywhere else. All connections I use are set to "Obtain IP Automatically" under IP Protocol 4, so that's not the issue. This started happening after a major Windows 10 update a few months back.

Thanks for the assistance!

AdamMor

:)

AdamMor, Aug 3, 2018

2. Side effects of releasing/renewing IP addresses?

There is a fairly well know security package that is causing some users problems on Win 10 AU - browser connections get blocked. (Other TCP/IP connectivity is unaffected - just browsers.) A user of the product found that releasing and renewing DHCP-provided IP address - i.e., doing "ipconfig /release" followed by ipconfig /renew"" temporarily fixes the problem. Can someone explain to me what doing a release/renew does to Windows such that a program - even a program with deeply embedded hooks - would even know this has happened.

Obviously the computer will get a new IP address from DHCP. (Which, for many DHCP servers, will likely be the same as the old one.) If it gets a new address, will this make Windows switch it's network profile from "Private" to "Guest or Public"? (I know the security package will see that.)

And a few more questions relating to /release and /renew but unrelated to the problem:
    I see there are IPv6 versions of /release and /renew. Does that mean that /release and /renew apply to only IPv4 addresses, or do those commands apply to both IPv4 and IPv6? If only IPv4, is there a way to release and renew all addresses? The DHCP server supplied a list of DNS servers as part of the DHCP handshake. Does the release and renew process also renew the list of DNS servers? If so, is there the same division of IPv4 and IPv6?

pokeefe0001, Aug 3, 2018
  3. LoriNolan Win User
    IP Address Renew

Hello,

Just recently my computer stopped automatically renewing my IP address. Every time I try to access a different router, I have to release and renew my IP address manually. I am wondering if there is any way I can fix this. I checked the properties on my
    wireless adapter, but it is already set to obtain the IP address automatically.

LoriNolan, Aug 3, 2018
  4. tajemunn Win User

Need to reset/renew my IP address

• Click Start->Run, type cmd and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /release at the prompt window, press Enter, it will release the current IP configuration.
    • Type ipconfig /renew at the prompt window, press Enter, wait for a while, the DHCP server will assign a new IP address for your computer.

tajemunn, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

1. IP Address must be manually released/renewed every time Windows is restarted. - Similar Threads - Address must manually

2. Bonjour must be started manually every reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bonjour must be started manually every reboot: Every time I restart Windows 10 I find that Bonjour is disabled and every time I open Services, set it to automatic then start it. Why won't it stay as "automatic" and start on reboot?...
  3. Bonjour must be started manually every reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bonjour must be started manually every reboot: Every time I restart Windows 10 I find that Bonjour is disabled and every time I open Services, set it to automatic then start it. Why won't it stay as "automatic" and start on reboot?...
  4. Bonjour must be started manually every reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bonjour must be started manually every reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. IP address conflict manual configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP address conflict manual configuration: Hi, We have about 100 players used for signage, with Windows 10 iot, where the IP V4 is configured manually on the computer. As we reboot the computers daily, and very often we get IP address conflict, and the machine is not accessible online anymore! If we restart the...
  7. Windows needs to flush/register DNS and release/renew IP after every boot to connect to...

Windows needs to flush/register DNS and release/renew IP after every boot to connect to...: Hi, Whenever I turn on my PC or disable/enable network adapter, it does not connects to internet without flushing and renewing DNS/IP. I have tried updating/reinstalling network drivers, even I reinstalled the whole OS but still the problem exists. Any solution please! Here...
  8. manually configure my IP address

manually configure my IP address: I have the option to manually configure my IP address. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manually-configure-my-ip-address/c289c3ce-d847-4f79-913f-666842b36383
  9. DHCP renewal of IP address with ISP denied

DHCP renewal of IP address with ISP denied: Hello I wonder if anyone can advise concerning a series of messages appearing in the logs of my two networked computers? Examples of the messages: ON ALPHA: The IP address lease 192.168.0.3 for the Network Card with network address 0x0024E8F1F44F has been denied...
  10. Side effects of releasing/renewing IP addresses?

Side effects of releasing/renewing IP addresses?: There is a fairly well know security package that is causing some users problems on Win 10 AU - browser connections get blocked. (Other TCP/IP connectivity is unaffected - just browsers.) A user of the product found that releasing and renewing DHCP-provided IP address - i.e.,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is ip address changed each time windows 10 computer is restarted