Windows 10: IP address problems.

Discus and support IP address problems. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OK, deep breath, here we go........ Have had this problem twice before, but know it's got really weird. Had two machine, different motherboards with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rebootweb, Apr 20, 2021.

1. rebootweb Win User

IP address problems.

OK, deep breath, here we go........

Have had this problem twice before, but know it's got really weird.

Had two machine, different motherboards with onboard network sockets that would suddenly stop working with a static IP address. The minute you set one they would show an error with the network connection. If you ran the troubleshooter it would say the DHCP was not enabled and it could apply the fix. If you said yes it fixed it, but wiped out the static IP settings and picked it owns.

I tried uninstalling the cards and reinstalling, checked the drivers, updated the BIOS and made sure all updates were installed.

In the end the simplest solution was to install an PCI network card.

It has happened again, but this time on a virtual machine!!!!!!!!

A virtual WSUS server has been running with a static IP address fine. Today it showed a network error.

The only cure was to remove the static IP settings and remove the reservation from the DHCP server.

If I reset the IP settings the error came back. Run the troubleshooter and it would say the DHCP was not active and if it turned it on the settings would be cleared. If I left the settings blank and set a reservation on the DHCP server it would show an error. Take away the reservation and it would connect again, but with a different IP address. And it loved that IP address! Not matter what I did deleted registry settings, deleted virtual network card and reinstalled it would always pick the same IP address.

This latest development points to the problem being a window problem and not hardware like I originally thought.

But I have tried everything within my knowledge and come up empty handed. Have spent hours searching online and can't find any mentions of people having the same problem despite myself now having it happen three times.

So my question is has anybody else had this problem or found a solution?

:)

rebootweb, Apr 20, 2021
  2. Geethu B Win User

ip address problem

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with IP Address, I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due incorrect TCP\IP Address settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to reset TCP\IP and check if it helps.

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try these steps to Flush DNS and request a new IP address from your ISP server. Check if it helps.

• Click on
      Start and type cmd on start search.

• Right-click on command prompt Run
      and selectas administrator.

• At the command prompt, type the following commands and hit
      Enter after each command.

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

exit

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 20, 2021
  4. IP address problems.

IP Address

Hi Will,

You might need your computer's IP address if you want to set up an Internet connection, allow other people to connect to your PC, or need to troubleshoot network problems. Kindly follow these steps to find the IP address of your computer:

• Select the Start button , start typing View network connections, and then select it in the list.
    • Select an active network connection, and then, in the toolbar, select
      View status of this connection
      . (You might need to select the chevron icon to find this command.)
    • Select Details. (Your PC's IP address appears in the
      Value
      column, next to IPv4 Address).
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

IP address problems.

1. IP address problems. - Similar Threads - address problems

2. problem to request new DHCP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem to request new DHCP address: Hi,I have 14 different locations/offices in my company.Before each location was apart from each other. I had a fortigate firewall at each location, with dhcp server in the firewall.Now we changed the network and each location connect to the same firewall and DHCP server in...
  3. problem to request new DHCP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem to request new DHCP address: Hi,I have 14 different locations/offices in my company.Before each location was apart from each other. I had a fortigate firewall at each location, with dhcp server in the firewall.Now we changed the network and each location connect to the same firewall and DHCP server in...
  4. Problems with Microsoft Account non-existent email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Microsoft Account non-existent email address: Approximately one year ago, after downloading the usual Microsoft updates, my system crashed. After a reboot and reverting to an earlier system restore point, everything seemed fine. However, a month or so after that I noticed that my Microsoft account had reverted to an old...
  5. Problems with Microsoft Account non-existent email address

Problems with Microsoft Account non-existent email address: Approximately one year ago, after downloading the usual Microsoft updates, my system crashed. After a reboot and reverting to an earlier system restore point, everything seemed fine. However, a month or so after that I noticed that my Microsoft account had reverted to an old...
  6. Problems with Microsoft Account non-existent email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. My Gmail *** Email address is removed for privacy *** not active reboot problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Gmail *** Email address is removed for privacy *** not active reboot problem: My Gmail *** Email address is removed for privacy *** not active reboot problem 01713764464 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-gmail-not-active-reboot-problem/babd1bba-8a7a-4b17-81a7-ac82f182ece2
  8. My Gmail *** Email address is removed for privacy *** not active reboot problem

My Gmail *** Email address is removed for privacy *** not active reboot problem: My Gmail *** Email address is removed for privacy *** not active reboot problem 01713764464 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-gmail-not-active-reboot-problem/babd1bba-8a7a-4b17-81a7-ac82f182ece2
  9. MS Account: Problem with changing email address Security section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Account: Problem with changing email address Security section: I'm moving to another ISP, which means that my current email address will become deactivated.I was able to remove my old email address in my MS account and add the new one, but when I checked in the...
  10. MS Account: Problem with changing email address Security section

MS Account: Problem with changing email address Security section: I'm moving to another ISP, which means that my current email address will become deactivated.I was able to remove my old email address in my MS account and add the new one, but when I checked in the...