Windows 10: IP Addresses

Discus and support IP Addresses in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently got a new router and during the setup I mistakenly "linked" the two IP addresses I have. How can I "un-link" these? Thanks, Julie... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kathysperson, Sep 16, 2020 at 10:52 PM.

1. IP Addresses

I recently got a new router and during the setup I mistakenly "linked" the two IP addresses I have. How can I "un-link" these? Thanks, Julie

:)

2. Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

3. Geethu B Win User
    ip address problem

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with IP Address, I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due incorrect TCP\IP Address settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to reset TCP\IP and check if it helps.

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/299357

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try these steps to Flush DNS and request a new IP address from your ISP server. Check if it helps.

• Click on
      Start and type cmd on start search.

• Right-click on command prompt Run
      and selectas administrator.

• At the command prompt, type the following commands and hit
      Enter after each command.

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

exit

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

4. IP Addresses

IP Address

Hi Will,

You might need your computer's IP address if you want to set up an Internet connection, allow other people to connect to your PC, or need to troubleshoot network problems. Kindly follow these steps to find the IP address of your computer:

• Select the Start button , start typing View network connections, and then select it in the list.
    • Select an active network connection, and then, in the toolbar, select
      View status of this connection
      . (You might need to select the chevron icon to find this command.)
    • Select Details. (Your PC's IP address appears in the
      Value
      column, next to IPv4 Address).
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Sep 16, 2020 at 10:53 PM
Thema:

IP Addresses

1. IP Addresses - Similar Threads - Addresses

2. Kid lost email address, need to remove, doesn't show up in "Manage my child's profile info"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Kid lost email address, need to remove, doesn't show up in "Manage my child's profile info": My child lost their email address it had been through their school, and forgot their MS account password, so can't log into the microsoft account any more. So we need to remove it and create a new one with a new email address. But we can't remove it because we have to...
  3. Share Function Does Not Display My Real Email Address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share Function Does Not Display My Real Email Address: When I want to share a webpage via email I select "Share" from the 3 dots, enter the name of the person that I want to send it to & hit "Send" It sends it, but rather then display my email address as the sender, " *** Email address is removed for privacy ***", it displays...
  4. 365 Outlook address book

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    365 Outlook address book: I have two friends with the same email address, whenever I try to email one of them, the other friend's name always appears in the To field. How can I get separate names?...
  5. Address Bar on top of Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Address Bar on top of Desktop: Why is there a random address bar on top of my screen? I have already deleted its software but still its not going away. Please help me with this. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/address-bar-on-top-of-desktop/d8de8c4c-f4d6-44fc-9283-f48a992b0889
  6. Why doesn't Mail address autocomplete match People?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why doesn't Mail address autocomplete match People?: I'm assisting someone with a PC where the autocomplete suggestions when composing new messages in the Mail app don't fully match the contacts in the People app. For example, we corrected the spelling of someone's name in People but when we start typing their address in a new...
  7. Enable Rich Address Bar Autocompletion Suggestions in Chrome browser

in Windows 10 News
    Enable Rich Address Bar Autocompletion Suggestions in Chrome browser: [ATTACH]Google Chrome is the world’s most popular web browsers that have lots of hidden […] This article Enable Rich Address Bar Autocompletion Suggestions in Chrome browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. The IO Operation At Logical Block Address for Disk was Retried - Event ID 153

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The IO Operation At Logical Block Address for Disk was Retried - Event ID 153: Problem: Seagate external USB-HD works fine with ExFAT, but with NTFS it will give event ID153 during copying files from HardDisk to this USB-drive. Asus P6X58D-E with i7. Windows 10 Pro N, Version 2004, Build 19041.508 Separate USB card - Delock 89363 with Renesans...
  9. Finding the MAC Address of my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Finding the MAC Address of my computer: How do I find the MAC address of my computer? Is it different from the MAC Address of my Ehernet adaptor? When I type ipconfig /all in CMD, a long list shows up and I'm not sure which I need the "Physical Address" from. Is it the "Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi" one? Ethernet...
  10. How do I change (spoof) my MAC address when I don't use wifi and use an Ethernet cable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change (spoof) my MAC address when I don't use wifi and use an Ethernet cable?: I tried every single tutorial on the internet. I used the registry editor, I did it in the windows UI, I even downloaded Technetium MAC Address Changer out of desperation, and it just said it could not do it. I also ran: reg add...