Windows 10: IP Config problem

Discus and support IP Config problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all I've gotten about 15 service calls recently with no internet access. I find the Task Bar Internet icon has a yellow triangle. It shows an IP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cfourkays, Dec 18, 2016.

1. cfourkays Win User

IP Config problem

Hi all
    I've gotten about 15 service calls recently with no internet access.
    I find the Task Bar Internet icon has a yellow triangle. It shows an IP Configuration error.
    I can fix them by using my Network Adapter repair tool.
    The problem seems to happen to both Wifi and wired connections.
    I think they're Windows 10 but I'm not sure.
    Anyone having this and know what's causing it?
    Pete

:)

cfourkays, Dec 18, 2016

2. need help to setup e-mail from ip camera

need to set Hotmail to except ip camera alerts having problems with config on the ports side

cantona510, Dec 18, 2016
  3. Wifi Router (w/ modem) wont allow any apps to work(like cloud print,superbeam,wifi go)

Do i need to obtain the IP of my machine or the Router?

Router ip shows up i.e 192.168.1.1

and my pc has ip listed as 192.168.1.34

but my network ip wont show up

UPDATE:

I found that my router has no problem as i tried to share files over the same network but with two phones not with pc!

So, the problem should be with the pc config.

Anurag Trivedi, Dec 18, 2016
  4. dormi98 Win User

IP Config problem

wasn't there a Windows update recently that caused a problem with the internet connection.
    Do you use a static or dynamic assigned IP address. What does ipconfig say?

dormi98, Dec 18, 2016
  5. cfourkays Win User
    I think you're referring to the*Ann. update which blanked out millions of webcams.
    These are all customers of mine who use either ATT Dsl or Comcast broadband. No pattern. All dynamic.
    Since these are all over the place, all different areas, (the Treasure Coast, FL), and all different makes of PC's.
    I'm just surprised there hasn't been some sort of notice since if my customer's are getting it, there's got to be others.

Now that I look further at my trouble reports, this is*what you get:
    "Wi-Fi doesn’t have valid IP configuration."
    And these are all wifi, no wired.
    Checking customer records, all different types of AV installed.
    Pete

cfourkays, Dec 18, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    There are lots of reports that the December 9 (or thereabouts) Cumulative Update caused WiFi problems (KB3201845), as reported in this news thread at TenForums: Windows update knocks out internet connections. This could be related. I'd recommend trying an external WiFi dongle and see if you can get it to work. Might help, if you have one at your disposal. Otherwise, make a backup or restore point, then uninstall that update.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 19, 2016
  7. dormi98 Win User
    Thanks Ed, that's the one I meant

dormi98, Dec 19, 2016
  8. cfourkays Win User

IP Config problem

cfourkays, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IP Config problem

1. IP Config problem - Similar Threads - Config problem

2. PC - Bad System Config Info Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC - Bad System Config Info Problem: Hello, I have encountered the blue screen with the B-S-C-I problem and can't seem to work around it with the tutorials and threads found so far.The PCAcer Predator G3-605I tried the easy stuff like automatic repair and recovery which I didn't have enough space for...
  3. PC - Bad System Config Info Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC - Bad System Config Info Problem: Hello, I have encountered the blue screen with the B-S-C-I problem and can't seem to work around it with the tutorials and threads found so far.The PCAcer Predator G3-605I tried the easy stuff like automatic repair and recovery which I didn't have enough space for...
  4. PC - Bad System Config Info Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problems : edge failing, Modem losing config, email stopping, DNS faults.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems : edge failing, Modem losing config, email stopping, DNS faults.: Hi all, Ive got a challenge here !my pc is HP elite desk, running win 10 pro i7 . recently a lot of problems with edge not wanting to start up, and when it did, took a long time to load.am also getting lots of modem problems I am on BB cable INet via NBN AUS with TPG as...
  6. Problems : edge failing, Modem losing config, email stopping, DNS faults.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems : edge failing, Modem losing config, email stopping, DNS faults.: Hi all, Ive got a challenge here !my pc is HP elite desk, running win 10 pro i7 . recently a lot of problems with edge not wanting to start up, and when it did, took a long time to load.am also getting lots of modem problems I am on BB cable INet via NBN AUS with TPG as...
  7. Problems : edge failing, Modem losing config, email stopping, DNS faults.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Nothing but problems today - now all my VM's have lost their IP config

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Nothing but problems today - now all my VM's have lost their IP config: Have had a Hyper-V setup going here for years without any issues - and then suddenly today - things started falling away. First my WDS server suddenly stopped serving up it's PXE boot to a new VM I was testing - that led me to investigate a few other things which then...
  9. Snip & Sketch Print Broken 0x8007007e (config problem) Brother Prtr

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Snip & Sketch Print Broken 0x8007007e (config problem) Brother Prtr: Win10 1909 (18363.900) This is happening on a fairly new Lenovo laptop. It does not happen from an older (also Win10 also Lenovo) laptop. From the newer laptop most printing works. Only Snip & Sketch gets the error. I don't know if it is significant but this printer is used...
  10. Problem with Windows Startup leads to Bad System Config Info error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with Windows Startup leads to Bad System Config Info error: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64bit on a Lenovo T430 Thinkpad PC. Is there any way to attack this problem or a way to use the booted install media to allow me to port some files to flash drives before a do a full format of my PC's hard drive and start from scratch. I need to...