Windows 10: IP Configuration address

Discus and support IP Configuration address in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How would I find the correct IP Configuration address for my Windows 10 laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DiemakerYR, Apr 17, 2019.

1. IP Configuration address

How would I find the correct IP Configuration address for my Windows 10 laptop

:)

DiemakerYR, Apr 17, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

IP address cannot be configured no internet

Hello TERRIB1960,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you getting any error code while trying to connect to internet?

I would like to suggest you few simple steps on how to configure IP address on your PC, kindly follow the same.

Method 1: Open command prompt (right click on cmd, run as administrator) and run the below commands. These commands will fix the lack of dynamic IP address (DHCP).

• ipconfig /release
    • ipconfig /renew

Method 2: Go through the article which talks about fixing the network connection issues in Windows
    Support article.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

IP Configuration address

ip address problem

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with IP Address, I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due incorrect TCP\IP Address settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to reset TCP\IP and check if it helps.

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/299357

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try these steps to Flush DNS and request a new IP address from your ISP server. Check if it helps.

• Click on
      Start and type cmd on start search.

• Right-click on command prompt Run
      and selectas administrator.

• At the command prompt, type the following commands and hit
      Enter after each command.

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

exit

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

IP Configuration address

1. IP Configuration address - Similar Threads - Configuration address

2. Is there a reason to configure an office printer with a dynamic IP address instead of static?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a reason to configure an office printer with a dynamic IP address instead of static?: Ok this is my first question; remember I am a newbie to IT. Yesterday I had an on-site printer call, and the fix was very simple however I noticed he had a printer getting 169.x.x.x which of course is an APPIPA address. I always configured printers with static IP addresses....
  3. Is there a reason to configure an office printer with a dynamic IP address instead of static?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a reason to configure an office printer with a dynamic IP address instead of static?: Ok this is my first question; remember I am a newbie to IT. Yesterday I had an on-site printer call, and the fix was very simple however I noticed he had a printer getting 169.x.x.x which of course is an APPIPA address. I always configured printers with static IP addresses....
  4. Ethernet Cannot Configure IP Address after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cannot Configure IP Address after Windows 10 update: After January 23rd 2024 .NET Framework update KB5034582 Windows 10 update I downloaded and installed the update on January 30th My ethernet cable no longer works and troubleshooter says it cannot configure IP address. Ive tried a multitude of fixes present online from...
  5. Ethernet Cannot Configure IP Address after Windows 10 update

Ethernet Cannot Configure IP Address after Windows 10 update: After January 23rd 2024 .NET Framework update KB5034582 Windows 10 update I downloaded and installed the update on January 30th My ethernet cable no longer works and troubleshooter says it cannot configure IP address. Ive tried a multitude of fixes present online from...
  6. Ethernet Cannot Configure IP Address after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. how do i configure the windows 10 mslldp service to advertise hostname instead of mac address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i configure the windows 10 mslldp service to advertise hostname instead of mac address: I've noticed that most 90% of the windows 11 pc's advertise there host name in the Chassis ID LLDP information and all our windows 10 pc's and a small handful of windows 11 pc's advertise only there mac address, how to i push out a setting via gpo to make all windows 10 and...
  8. how do i configure the windows 10 mslldp service to advertise hostname instead of mac address

how do i configure the windows 10 mslldp service to advertise hostname instead of mac address: I've noticed that most 90% of the windows 11 pc's advertise there host name in the Chassis ID LLDP information and all our windows 10 pc's and a small handful of windows 11 pc's advertise only there mac address, how to i push out a setting via gpo to make all windows 10 and...
  9. how do i configure the windows 10 mslldp service to advertise hostname instead of mac address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Find my configuration for ip. Address

Find my configuration for ip. Address: Ethernet does not have a valid ip. address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-configuration-for-ip-address/a647d220-27bc-4cc6-9dd5-90053d8f2fff