Windows 10: IP Configuration issue

Discus and support IP Configuration issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Network troubleshoot error cone up saying, “ethernet and wifi doesnt have valid ip confirguration. Most answers on the intert say do a ipconfig... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Recyclops201, Sep 4, 2020.

1. IP Configuration issue

Network troubleshoot error cone up saying, “ethernet and wifi doesnt have valid ip confirguration. Most answers on the intert say do a ipconfig /release and renew. When i try a renew i get

I've been trying all of the solutions I've found through google search and similarly related questions but can't seem to fix my problem

C:\Usercjbis>ipconfig/renew

Windows IP Configuration

No operation can be performed on Wi-Fi while it has its media disconnected.
    No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection* 2 while it has its media disconnected.
    No operation can be performed on Bluetooth Network Connection while it has its media disconnected.

:)

Recyclops201, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

IP address cannot be configured no internet

Hello TERRIB1960,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you getting any error code while trying to connect to internet?

I would like to suggest you few simple steps on how to configure IP address on your PC, kindly follow the same.

Method 1: Open command prompt (right click on cmd, run as administrator) and run the below commands. These commands will fix the lack of dynamic IP address (DHCP).

• ipconfig /release
    • ipconfig /renew

Method 2: Go through the article which talks about fixing the network connection issues in Windows
    Support article.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Jose Est Win User
    No Valid IP Configuration?

Hi,

Based from your description, one thing is evident, the wireless adapter could be having an issue keeping the IP settings since you need to use
    ipconfig /release and ipconfig/renew every day to resolve your connection issue.

Aside from the commands: ipconfig /release and ipconfig/renew,
    one of the simplest ways to fix this issue is to use the netsh command. To do that, follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type the following commands one at a a time and hit Enter after each command:
      • netsh winsock reset
      • netsh int ip reset

We also strongly suggest setting your IP address and DNS servers to obtain automatically so the laptop will receive the same settings from the router. Check out this
    link for instructions on how to change the TCP/IP settings.

In addition, we recommend updating the driver for your laptop's wireless network adapter by following the procedures under the "To check for the latest drivers" section found on this
    article.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jose Est, Sep 4, 2020
  4. IP Configuration issue

WI-FI doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Hi, Ankur.

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to find the best possible resolution to your problem.

This issue occurs when the winsock or the TCP/IP stack gets corrupted. Follow the methods below to resolve your issue:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run Network troubleshooter.

a. In the start Menu Type “Identify and Repair Network Problem” and hit enter.

b. Follow the Onscreen instructions to complete the wizard.

If issue still persist follow the steps below.

Method 2:

To reset IP configuration type the following two commands into an elevated command prompt one at a time hitting enter after each one then reboot the system. Follow the steps below to perform this task:

• Right click on the Start Menu, and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Once the window open type the command below:
    netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries)

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack)

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

IP Configuration issue

1. IP Configuration issue - Similar Threads - Configuration issue

2. Configuration issues with Axagon 2.5gbps ethernet pcie card Realtek

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configuration issues with Axagon 2.5gbps ethernet pcie card Realtek: I'm in the process of upgrading my homelab which has a couple of VLANs defined and in this process upgrading the network to a 2.5gbps one. I therefore ordered the above mentioned network card via Amazon as this card explicitly stated that it supports VLAN.After installing the...
  3. Configuration issues with Axagon 2.5gbps ethernet pcie card Realtek

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Configuration issues with Axagon 2.5gbps ethernet pcie card Realtek: I'm in the process of upgrading my homelab which has a couple of VLANs defined and in this process upgrading the network to a 2.5gbps one. I therefore ordered the above mentioned network card via Amazon as this card explicitly stated that it supports VLAN.After installing the...
  4. windows configuration designer issues with kiosk app edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows configuration designer issues with kiosk app edge: I've been playing around with Windows Configuration Designer in the hope I can create a provisioning package that allows me to Kiosk MSEdge. I've been having issues with it and even attempting to strip it down to its most basic level i'm unable to get it to work.I'm using the...
  5. windows configuration designer issues with kiosk app edge

windows configuration designer issues with kiosk app edge: I've been playing around with Windows Configuration Designer in the hope I can create a provisioning package that allows me to Kiosk MSEdge. I've been having issues with it and even attempting to strip it down to its most basic level i'm unable to get it to work.I'm using the...
  6. Computer Having Boot Issues Due to XMP Configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Having Boot Issues Due to XMP Configuration: Hello all, as the title suggest I am having issue with booting on my PC. After rebuilding my computer I had been running into sporadic and often random error codes for about two months. After reinstalling all drivers, running memtest and finding no issues, and running DISM...
  7. Computer Having Boot Issues Due to XMP Configuration

Computer Having Boot Issues Due to XMP Configuration: Hello all, as the title suggest I am having issue with booting on my PC. After rebuilding my computer I had been running into sporadic and often random error codes for about two months. After reinstalling all drivers, running memtest and finding no issues, and running DISM...
  8. Computer Having Boot Issues Due to XMP Configuration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. "Preparing to configure Windows" issue during shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Preparing to configure Windows" issue during shutdown: Hi,I have been looking at threads elsewhere regarding this issue but nothing seems to solve the issue!I am getting the screen which says "Preparing to configure Windows - do not turn off your PC" during shutdown. It will eventually shut down, but only after doing this for...
  10. "Preparing to configure Windows" issue during shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Preparing to configure Windows" issue during shutdown: Hi,I have been looking at threads elsewhere regarding this issue but nothing seems to solve the issue!I am getting the screen which says "Preparing to configure Windows - do not turn off your PC" during shutdown. It will eventually shut down, but only after doing this for...