Windows 10: IP Configuration

Discus and support IP Configuration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I installed latest Windows 10 update and now cannot connect via ethernet network. I get the message "Ethernet Does Not Have A Valid IP Configuration"!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndyPlewa, Mar 21, 2019.

1. AndyPlewa Win User

IP Configuration

I installed latest Windows 10 update and now cannot connect via ethernet network. I get the message "Ethernet Does Not Have A Valid IP Configuration"! I have rebooted, restarted, reloaded drivers, spoke to ISP and all points to latest update - Can ANYONE help?

:)

AndyPlewa, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

IP address cannot be configured no internet

Hello TERRIB1960,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you getting any error code while trying to connect to internet?

I would like to suggest you few simple steps on how to configure IP address on your PC, kindly follow the same.

Method 1: Open command prompt (right click on cmd, run as administrator) and run the below commands. These commands will fix the lack of dynamic IP address (DHCP).

• ipconfig /release
    • ipconfig /renew

Method 2: Go through the article which talks about fixing the network connection issues in Windows
    Support article.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 21, 2019
  3. No valid ip configuration

Hi,

Let us try the methods below and observe:

First Method: Reset both TCP/IP stack and winsock.

Sometimes winsock or the TCP/IP stack gets corrupted. To reset TCP/IP stack and winsock, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type the following commands one at a a time and hit Enter after each command:
    netsh winsock reset catalog

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit

Second Method: Release and renew IP address.

To release and renew IP address, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type ipconfig /release and hit Enter
    • Type ipconfig /renew and hit Enter
    • Type Exit and hit Enter
    Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Mar 21, 2019
  4. IP Configuration

Repeated "wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration" error message daily

Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP Configuration is often appear on Windows 10/8.1/7 based operating system. The average Windows user encountered the problem when wanting to connect to a Wi-Fi or Local Area Network (LAN) via Ethernet. Here
    is an example of an error message that often appears when connecting to the network:

• Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
    • Local area connection doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
    • Wi-Fi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
    • Wireless network connection doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
    try steps here: Fix Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP Configuration | Get Help in Windows 10

dedyprasetiyo724, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

IP Configuration

1. IP Configuration - Similar Threads - Configuration

2. windows configuration designer, how to allow dual monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows configuration designer, how to allow dual monitors?: I setup restricted local user with Microsoft “windows configuration designer” tool that will allow to run multi apps and everything was working fine with one Monitor. I use NVIDIA GPU T1000 with 4 DP and once I connect more than one monitor, the restricted user fails to login...
  3. windows configuration designer, how to allow dual monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows configuration designer, how to allow dual monitors?: I setup restricted local user with Microsoft “windows configuration designer” tool that will allow to run multi apps and everything was working fine with one Monitor. I use NVIDIA GPU T1000 with 4 DP and once I connect more than one monitor, the restricted user fails to login...
  4. windows configuration designer, how to allow dual monitors?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Easiest way to configure the UK keyboard to use accented characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easiest way to configure the UK keyboard to use accented characters: Please excuse my exasperation....As the last discussion on this subject has been locked, yet again preventing any continuity of discussion whatsoever of Microsoft's failure to support a fairly obvious and common requirement and where the solution at that time was that a...
  6. Easiest way to configure the UK keyboard to use accented characters

Easiest way to configure the UK keyboard to use accented characters: Please excuse my exasperation....As the last discussion on this subject has been locked, yet again preventing any continuity of discussion whatsoever of Microsoft's failure to support a fairly obvious and common requirement and where the solution at that time was that a...
  7. How to configure storage sense so that it doesn't delete unused cloud-backed content on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to configure storage sense so that it doesn't delete unused cloud-backed content on my...: Hi, I want to be able to configure storage sense on multiple computers but I don't want to have cloud backed up content to be deleted on my them. So if I have the local available cloud content to be configured to "Never", would it disregard removing unused cloud-backed...
  8. How to configure storage sense so that it doesn't delete unused cloud-backed content on my...

How to configure storage sense so that it doesn't delete unused cloud-backed content on my...: Hi, I want to be able to configure storage sense on multiple computers but I don't want to have cloud backed up content to be deleted on my them. So if I have the local available cloud content to be configured to "Never", would it disregard removing unused cloud-backed...
  9. My laptop is stuck at "preparing to configure windows. Don't turn off your computer" after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is stuck at "preparing to configure windows. Don't turn off your computer" after...: My laptop has been stuck of the configuring windows loading screen for the past half an hour and I genuinely do not know what to do. I have so much work to get done and don't have the time to wait for it to finally restart if it even does restart that is....
  10. My laptop is stuck at "preparing to configure windows. Don't turn off your computer" after...

My laptop is stuck at "preparing to configure windows. Don't turn off your computer" after...: My laptop has been stuck of the configuring windows loading screen for the past half an hour and I genuinely do not know what to do. I have so much work to get done and don't have the time to wait for it to finally restart if it even does restart that is....