Windows 10: IP, DNS, confussion

Discus and support IP, DNS, confussion in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why do I get a different ip address showing on different network scanner apps? I’ve looked up the addresses in Whois and all I’m getting back is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WindowPane10, Jan 29, 2020.

1. IP, DNS, confussion

Why do I get a different ip address showing on different network scanner apps? I’ve looked up the addresses in Whois and all I’m getting back is this is a private address. I don’t understand how they differ from apps.

Now DNS this just goes straight over my head. I just don’t get it. 172.30.139.16 always makes an appearance but all I get is this is a private address? What am I missing here? Also my loopback address had made an apperance how is that possible?

:)

WindowPane10, Jan 29, 2020

2. DNS problems with router

A couple suggestions I have for you:

Update the firmware on the router. Maybe it's getting into a badstate, and a firmware update might fix it. Or if you're comfortable with it, install a custom firmware like dd-wrt. Just make sure its supported on your router first.

Change your DNS to: 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1. Might help.

If none of these work, maybe statically set your DNS on your PS3/PC to the IPs you listed, taking the router out of the lookup procedure.

Last option, is look for a new router.

Hybrid_theory, Jan 29, 2020
  3. DNS Servers

So far, it seems like I got it fixed. I disabled Advanced DNS Service and DNS Relay. I put in the two DNS server IPs I listed above into the internet configuration and rebooted it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 29, 2020
  4. al_lea Win User

IP, DNS, confussion

setting of IP and DNS address

PC Suite doesn't need to set the IP and DNS address to connect to the internet.

The phone is acting as a modem - IP and DNS are dynamicly asigned.

Please check the help menu of PC Suite. There's a chapter on connecting to internet.

al_lea, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

IP, DNS, confussion

1. IP, DNS, confussion - Similar Threads - DNS confussion

2. DNS problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS problem: Good morning, i have a brand new laptop with windows 11.Until now i have used linux and mac computers.I have a Mikrotik router that is used for firewall to the fttc router and dns server to have the resolution of the names of my lan servers, routers, and so on.On this router...
  3. DNS problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS problem: Good morning, i have a brand new laptop with windows 11.Until now i have used linux and mac computers.I have a Mikrotik router that is used for firewall to the fttc router and dns server to have the resolution of the names of my lan servers, routers, and so on.On this router...
  4. DNS server is not responding in Windows 10 Pro. What should I do to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS server is not responding in Windows 10 Pro. What should I do to fix it?: DNS server is not responding in Windows 10 Pro. What should I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-is-not-responding-in-windows-10-pro/fc137db6-89e7-4792-86a0-5d5fd830cc6d
  5. DNS server is not responding in Windows 10 Pro. What should I do to fix it?

DNS server is not responding in Windows 10 Pro. What should I do to fix it?: DNS server is not responding in Windows 10 Pro. What should I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-is-not-responding-in-windows-10-pro/fc137db6-89e7-4792-86a0-5d5fd830cc6d
  6. DNS server is not responding in Windows 10 Pro. What should I do to fix it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow: In the last week or so DNS resolution has been painfully slow on my PC. It doesn't matter what DNS server I use, weather it's through DHCP or manually set, what browser I use, what network I am on, ethernet or wifi.Any site I visit, regardless of if it's one I've visited...
  8. Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow

Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow: In the last week or so DNS resolution has been painfully slow on my PC. It doesn't matter what DNS server I use, weather it's through DHCP or manually set, what browser I use, what network I am on, ethernet or wifi.Any site I visit, regardless of if it's one I've visited...
  9. "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...

"Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...: Hi! Okay, first time I made this post I formatted it terribly. This time I'm going to do a bit better. The Problem: When attempting to connect ethernet to the PC it will say, "Network: No Internet". Upon opening my trusty troubleshooter it will tell me that an issue is...
  10. "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource DNS server is...: Hi! Okay, first time I made this post I formatted it terribly. This time I'm going to do a bit better. The Problem: When attempting to connect ethernet to the PC it will say, "Network: No Internet". Upon opening my trusty troubleshooter it will tell me that an issue is...