Windows 10: IP linked to a PID does to go away after being terminated

Discus and support IP linked to a PID does to go away after being terminated in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I wanted to check If I had spyware because I was getting paranoid. I checked though netstat -ano I found one a PID that wasnt on task manager. since my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AdrianCarrillo4, Nov 3, 2020.

1. IP linked to a PID does to go away after being terminated

I wanted to check If I had spyware because I was getting paranoid. I checked though netstat -ano I found one a PID that wasnt on task manager. since my antivirus didnt pick it upbitdefender Antivirus freeI decided to terminate it myself. Once I did terminate it the IP kept appearing under a new PID. Also whenever I terminated it and then I shut down the system it showed an app preventing it from shutting down with no name and no icon.

IP: 13.107.42.254:443

:)

AdrianCarrillo4, Nov 3, 2020
  2. eqvic Win User

PID not listed in Services

Thank you for your response Eberwurz.

So the only thing the link that you shared helped me with is that I was able to add the PID column to the processes where I found the PID. So, first off, I agree with you that the processes are not listed because they may have terminated whatever they were
    doing. However, why are they showing up as errors? Furthermore, why when these error out I get CPU spikes?

eqvic, Nov 3, 2020
  3. IP Address.

Hello,

I can not find my IP Address.

Also,I can not find the Ethernet Connection on my Taskbar.

I have found my Internet Access icon on my Taskbar.

Please list the steps needed to find my IP Address.

I found "Network & Internet",in "Setting",

I then found a link,"Finding my IP Address,(Under "Have a Question?")

But,this link did not help me find my IP Address.

Thanks,

A.W.

AlbWhitman1, Nov 3, 2020
  4. IP linked to a PID does to go away after being terminated

aren't the different PIDs supposed to have same IP address (local address)????

IP linked to a PID does to go away after being terminated ff23e8af-dec6-4cb1-a752-0edef04a3289?upload=true.jpg

I can see different local addresses for for different PIDs. I seems starnge.

PIDs are definitely supposed to have different ports, but why the different IP addresses?

Is it that my machine has multiple IP addresses?? which is impossible if I'm not wrong

KARANBIRSINGH2, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

IP linked to a PID does to go away after being terminated

1. IP linked to a PID does to go away after being terminated - Similar Threads - linked PID does

2. The process with PID 16712 child process of PID 2336 has been terminated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The process with PID 16712 child process of PID 2336 has been terminated.: I keep getting this prompt in a command prompt that opens up at a random time and messes up the games I am playing and closes the web browser that I am using. I have checked for malware and viruses, but nothing comes up. I have neglected the issue for a bit, but it has gotten...
  3. The process with PID 16712 child process of PID 2336 has been terminated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The process with PID 16712 child process of PID 2336 has been terminated.: I keep getting this prompt in a command prompt that opens up at a random time and messes up the games I am playing and closes the web browser that I am using. I have checked for malware and viruses, but nothing comes up. I have neglected the issue for a bit, but it has gotten...
  4. Store logo does not go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store logo does not go away: Store logo still showing for couple of minutes now and not showing the main page. I cant access it even I run reset and run the troubleshooter of Store. I'm just using this yesterday without problem....
  5. Store logo does not go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store logo does not go away: Store logo still showing for couple of minutes now and not showing the main page. I cant access it even I run reset and run the troubleshooter of Store. I'm just using this yesterday without problem....
  6. Store logo does not go away

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. IP linked to a PID does not go away after being terminated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IP linked to a PID does not go away after being terminated: I wanted to check If I had spyware because I was getting paranoid. I checked though netstat -ano I found one a PID that wasnt on task manager. since my antivirus didnt pick it upbitdefender Antivirus freeI decided to terminate it myself. Once I did terminate it the IP kept...
  8. Update Does Not Go Away After Installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Does Not Go Away After Installing: Hello everyone, I was installing some optional driver updates on my wife's laptop HP ENVY - 17m-ce0013dx which went very well and quickly and no problems seen after installs. However there is one update that is still showing up in the Optional Update Queue in Settings...
  9. the volume bar does not go away

in Windows 10 Customization
    the volume bar does not go away: so this has benn like this sice the beggining i think but i just noticed it now [ATTACH] and i it does not go away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-volume-bar-does-not-go-away/070c5aa1-152c-4c83-acf1-6905f845c923
  10. start menu does not go away

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu does not go away: i click on the start icon and the start menu appears. i click on the tile for the program i want to use and the program opens, but the start menu does not go away (i have to click on it to make it go away). i think it used to disappear when the program opens. am i wrong? is...