Windows 10: IP security/firewall service fees

Discus and support IP security/firewall service fees in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am getting several calls a week stating that my Microsoft Security contract is expiring and they are calling to renew for $1500. a year. Every time I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GeneDooley, Sep 9, 2020.

1. IP security/firewall service fees

I am getting several calls a week stating that my Microsoft Security contract is expiring and they are calling to renew for $1500. a year. Every time I hang up...the call comes from either Missouri, Texas, or Ohio. The phone connection is very scratchy and muted with a voice of a man of Indian decent...I am guessing....He wants to lead me through a complex process to cancel the service if I do not want to renew.

:)

GeneDooley, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Windows Firewall security alert keeps popping up.

Hello,

Windows Firewall plays an important part in helping to protect your computer against virus and security threats. Your concern is cause by a conflicting changes in your security settings. However we suggest that you turn off Security messages for Network
    firewall temporarily to check if the issue persists. Follow these steps:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel.
    • Choose System and Security > Security and Maintenance.
    • On the left side, click Change Security and Maintenance settings.
    • Uncheck the box on the left side of Network firewall.
    • Restart your computer.

After an hour, enable Network firewall again. We also recommend that you use another browser and check if the issue persists.

Note: If you disable Windows Firewall for a long period of time, your computer will be more vulnerable to unauthorized access to your network.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Sep 9, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Router Firewall?

Your router firewall lets you configure basic things like "Attack Protection", "DOS Protection" and service filtering with basic options for disabling HTTP, Telnet, FTP, TFTP, SNMP from external networks where you still get your internet from your ISP's gateway and every other communication from the WAN is blocked. You can also set up a service filter list in many cases. This is nifty. Though protection from the router isn't an alternative for even software firewalls, leave alone hardware ones. You will need a good software firewall such as free Zone Alarm / the firewall that comes with your security suite, if you're paranoid about security, else a properly updated Windows installation with the Windows Firewall is a good thing too.

btarunr, Sep 9, 2020
  4. mike1127 Win User

IP security/firewall service fees

firewall rule to block addresses NOT on an IP list?

I am just starting to learn the Windows Firewall (working on both Windows 7 and 10) and I'm not impressed with the inflexibility of its rules. I would like to know if

1. Is there is a way to do what I want with Windows Firewall?
    2. Is there is a third-party firewall that would do it?

What I want to do is create a rule that blocks outgoing connections, for program X, that are to a destination **NOT** in an IP list.

Windows Firewall is not very flexible in how you specify IP list rules. When you give an IP list, your rule will match that list... you can't say "trigger the rule for non-matching IP addresses." Therefore to allow outgoing connections to a list, you have to

1. Change the entire firewall policy to block outgoing connections by default so that you can create an "allow rule" matching your list. This will mess up the rest of your programs.

2. Somehow combine a block rule and allow rule. Create a block rule for most traffic, with the "allow" rule overriding it when appropriate. However, this doesn't appear to be possible in general. It **may** be possible for connections that use IPSec, I'm not sure. And I'm not sure if I can use IPSec in my application.

And is there a third-party firewall that can do it? Most 3rd-party firewalls are LESS sophisticated than Windows Firewall, because the use case they are addressing is providing an interface that doesn't require much comprehension. I need one that's actually MORE sophisticated than Windows Firewall.

mike1127, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

IP security/firewall service fees

1. IP security/firewall service fees - Similar Threads - security firewall service

2. Skyweb IP Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skyweb IP Security: Hi Skyweb ip got my for a 1 year subscription for 250$ . Realizes they are BS ing me . all they do is run free cleaner programs and want hours to figure out fake problems . My brother is IT Tech Guy Director . cleaning takes only a few mins , not hours and is usually free ....
  3. Skyweb IP Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skyweb IP Security: Hi Skyweb ip got my for a 1 year subscription for 250$ . Realizes they are BS ing me . all they do is run free cleaner programs and want hours to figure out fake problems . My brother is IT Tech Guy Director . cleaning takes only a few mins , not hours and is usually free ....
  4. is web ip security a legit service connected to microsoft?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is web ip security a legit service connected to microsoft?: is web ip security a legit service?they offered me network security for 299.00 for one year..is this a scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-web-ip-security-a-legit-service-connected-to/2460acfa-9cbb-4a74-9a2a-c5fb454e063a
  5. windows store ip whitelisting in firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows store ip whitelisting in firewall: I have created an outbound rule in my windows defender to block ports 443 and 80. How can i allow windows store access in that device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-ip-whitelisting-in-firewall/9348054b-a95b-4d34-b595-45cfee03d8be
  6. Firewall service is not running

Firewall service is not running: In my pc the windows firewall service is not running, i have tried the way which microsoft virtual agent gave but nothing happened. I also downloaded an app named *windows firewall* but nothing happened. If there is another way please tell me........
  7. understanding IP and NAT firewall

understanding IP and NAT firewall: This article says: Not sure if your wifi router has a NAT firewall enabled? Try connecting two devices to the same wifi network, such as a laptop and smartphone. Now, on each of them, run a Google search for whats my IP? If you see the same IP address for both devices,...
  8. windows firewall service

windows firewall service: how to get rid of the following The package could not be installed because the windows firewall service in not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewall-service/74651b07-c579-457d-b4b3-f252053e9319
  9. fees

fees: Is there an annual fee for using windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/fees/2101e77f-8c50-478f-8938-50ddeda797bb
  10. firewall services

firewall services: Latest build. Running ESET free. Anybody else got the same info showing, doesn't appear to be a problem thou. Roy 8925