Windows 10: iPad not detecting in file explorer when connected

Discus and support iPad not detecting in file explorer when connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trying to connect my iPad to a new Toshiba laptop (windows 10) and nothing is happening. It makes all the correct noises and shows up in itunes doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CG19, May 1, 2019.

1. CG19 Win User

iPad not detecting in file explorer when connected

Trying to connect my iPad to a new Toshiba laptop (windows 10) and nothing is happening. It makes all the correct noises and shows up in itunes doesn't show anything on the computer in this pc section and I am unable to import photos. I have been told by IT that apple have stopped this for some reason, not sure if it's true or not. If anyone has any suggestion I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

***Original title: ipad connecting to Toshiba laptop (Windows 10)***

:)

CG19, May 1, 2019

2. Unable to connect IPad to Windows 10 Laptop

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. However, in order to assist to better, I would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Are you trying connect IPad for the first time?
    2. Do you get any error message while you try to connect?

I would also suggest you to refer to suggestion provided by Andre Da Costa dated November 20th 2015 on

How to connect and browse your Apple devices on a Windows 10 PC
    and try following the steps and check if you are able to connect.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, May 1, 2019
  3. iPad wont show up in file explorer

Do you get the "Allow this device to access photos and videos" message on the iPad when you plug in the USB?

iPad not detecting in file explorer when connected [​IMG]

1. Connect your iPad to USB.
    2. Run UsbTreeView from USB Device Tree Viewer and see if the iPad is detected. Click on the entry. Note that the program might freeze for a minute when the iPad is connected for some reason - just wait for it to finish.

iPad not detecting in file explorer when connected [​IMG]

3. Reply with the "Device information" contents.

Code:
    Code:
          ======================== USB Device ========================          +++++++++++++++++ Device Information ++++++++++++++++++ Friendly Name            : Apple iPad Device Description       : Apple iPad Device Path              : \\.\usb#vid_05ac&pid_12ab#88bba59c54d3c322f809439fa9b99a7d178545e5#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed} Device ID                : USB\VID_05AC&PID_12AB\88BBA59C54D3C322F809439FA9B99A7D178545E5 Hardware IDs             : USB\VID_05AC&PID_12AB&REV_0503 USB\VID_05AC&PID_12AB Driver KeyName           : {eec5ad98-8080-425f-922a-dabf3de3f69a}\0020 (GUID_DEVCLASS_WPD) Driver                   : \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\WUDFRd.sys (Version: 10.0.16299.15  Date: 2017-09-29) Driver Inf               : C:\WINDOWS\inf\wpdmtp.inf Legacy BusType           : PNPBus Class                    : WPD Class GUID               : {eec5ad98-8080-425f-922a-dabf3de3f69a} (GUID_DEVCLASS_WPD) Interface GUID           : {a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed} (GUID_DEVINTERFACE_USB_DEVICE) Service                  : WUDFWpdMtp Enumerator               : USB Location Info            : Port_#0003.Hub_#0001 Location IDs             : PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1400)#USBROOT(0)#USB(3), ACPI(_SB_)#ACPI(PCI0)#ACPI(XHC_)#ACPI(RHUB)#ACPI(HS03) Container ID             : {c326ecd0-90c0-568b-9153-27a2b66775b6} Manufacturer Info        : Apple Inc. Capabilities             : 0x94 (Removable, UniqueID, SurpriseRemovalOK) Status                   : 0x0180600A (DN_DRIVER_LOADED, DN_STARTED, DN_DISABLEABLE, DN_REMOVABLE, DN_NT_ENUMERATOR, DN_NT_DRIVER) Problem Code             : 0 Lower Filters            : WinUsb Power State              : D0 (supported: D0, D3, wake from D0)

PolarNettles, May 1, 2019
  4. iPad not detecting in file explorer when connected

iPad wont show up in file explorer

Hi Delta6k. Welcome to the TenForums @Delta6k

You could connect your iPad and then open device manager. It should be listed under Portable Devices.

Is it there? Are any other devices there. See if there are any hidden device under this category. Click view, then show hidden devices. I would delete hidden and any visible iPad devices.

Then scan for new hardware.

Next I would try is installing iTunes. Will likely overwrite Wondershare changes and it will also likely place an Apple driver.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 1, 2019
Thema:

iPad not detecting in file explorer when connected

1. iPad not detecting in file explorer when connected - Similar Threads - iPad detecting file

2. Unable to connect ipad to pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to connect ipad to pc: I am unable to connect my iPad 6th gen to my PC. In Device manager, it is listed as a MTP USB Device however it has a warning symbol next to it. When I try to change the driver to the apple mobile device driver for windows I get a code 31. This also happens with any other...
  3. File Explorer Slows When Connected to the Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Slows When Connected to the Internet: So this is an odd problem which I have not been able to find any solutions to so far. When I use my laptop at work, I am able to connect to the internet and do things like play music through Youtube, while also using the file explorer to navigate to the folders I need to...
  4. Ipad subfolders not showing when connected to laptop

Ipad subfolders not showing when connected to laptop: When my ipad is connected to my laptop it does not show my subfolders on the laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipad-subfolders-not-showing-when-connected-to/8cc12367-8594-4ebf-8ca7-4e927e13ffa8"
  5. Wi-Fi connection for iPad

Wi-Fi connection for iPad: I have an iPad that was working fine yesterday May6,2019 but today I've lost my Wi-Fi connection to it. My passwords do not seem to be working so can you tell me why I've lost Wi-Fi connection on the iPad while my computer is still working without any problems...
  6. Batch file Script to reboot when no Internet Connection detected?

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file Script to reboot when no Internet Connection detected?: from time to time my Windows 10 Laptop is unable to connect to the wireless network. Tried literally every other "fix"! The only solution is to reboot the LapTop when this happens... The best idea I've come up with is to schedule a task to run a script when the computer...
  7. Removable devices are not detected by File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removable devices are not detected by File Explorer: I am trying an old hard drive to use it as an external drive via a USB to SATA cable. When I connect it, I receive the blue LED lights up but not flashing. It means the system has access to this drive but I cannot put files into it. File explorer is not detecting it. This...
  8. How to connect iPad to the laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to connect iPad to the laptop: I am unable to connect an iPad to my laptop running Windows 10 to transfer information. What is a possible problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-ipad-to-the-laptop/35325cce-2dc8-44d3-b4fc-684373a17dda
  9. Connecting IPad to Laptop With WIN10

Connecting IPad to Laptop With WIN10: I cannot connect an Apple iPad to my computer and transfer information to use in video-conferencing. Has anyone else had this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-ipad-to-laptop-with-win10/103591e2-7376-4fd9-95cb-1025f76975d5
  10. iPad wont show up in file explorer

iPad wont show up in file explorer: I make art sometimes and I use both my PC and my iPad, so I need to sync them. I used to be able to sync my art from my iPad to my PC by plugging it in and pressing the iPad thing in file explorer, and I could do everything like normal. I wanted to move files from my PC to my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connecting ipad to windows file explorer

2. ipad not connecting to Windows explorer