Windows 10: iPad wont show up in file explorer

Discus and support iPad wont show up in file explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I make art sometimes and I use both my PC and my iPad, so I need to sync them. I used to be able to sync my art from my iPad to my PC by plugging it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Delta6k, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Delta6k Win User

iPad wont show up in file explorer

I make art sometimes and I use both my PC and my iPad, so I need to sync them. I used to be able to sync my art from my iPad to my PC by plugging it in and pressing the iPad thing in file explorer, and I could do everything like normal. I wanted to move files from my PC to my iPad, and didnt see a way to do this (I've now realised you can email yourself...whoops) and I downloaded a program called Wondershare Tunesgo. This was a free trial because i didnt want to pay 60 pounds, and now the free trial is over i couldnt uninstall it. I had to manually find its' files because it had hidden itself and stuff, and now that I've removed it the iPad doesnt show up in file explorer anymore. My guess is the program changed the setting that allows that so I'd have to pay them to keep syncing, but i dont know how to enable that feature again. Can someone tell me how, please?

:)

Delta6k, Jan 25, 2018

2. pictures downloaded

You should be able to browse your iPad as a regular storage device in File Explorer.

Open File Explorer

Open Computer

Make sure your iPad is unlocked (press F5 to refresh File Explorer) then your iPad should show up).

Browse the Storage device and open the DCIM and copy over your pictures.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 25, 2018
  3. LuraAnne Win User
    recent files won't show up in file explorer

Open file explorer clear on view on the top menu select options select change folder click clear on the dialog box and then restore defaults.

Open file explorer clear on view on the top menu select options select change folder click clear on the dialog box and then restore defaults.

Thanks very much! Even though the check marks stayed the same after clear and restore defaults, this solved the problem for me. Thanks to all responders but I did not go further after the first response solved my problem.

LuraAnne, Jan 25, 2018
  4. iPad wont show up in file explorer

Hi Delta6k. Welcome to the TenForums @Delta6k

You could connect your iPad and then open device manager. It should be listed under Portable Devices.

Is it there? Are any other devices there. See if there are any hidden device under this category. Click view, then show hidden devices. I would delete hidden and any visible iPad devices.

Then scan for new hardware.

Next I would try is installing iTunes. Will likely overwrite Wondershare changes and it will also likely place an Apple driver.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 25, 2018
  5. Delta6k Win User
    I've tried looking in device manager, and there wasn't a 'portable devices' option. I also looked under Universal Serial Bus Controllers and the Apple thing was there, so I know it's registered that my device exists. And I would install iTunes but last time I did this it corrupted my iPad, and the only way I could fix it was by wiping it completely.

Delta6k, Jan 25, 2018
  6. That is interesting, iTunes is meant to connect devices to Computers.

Just to confirm, when you were in device manager you clicked show hidden devices and there was still nothing under portable devices.

You might be able to install iTunes, let it do its thing, uninstall and then connect iPad.

7. Delta6k Win User
    I was definitely in device manager. everything that's usually there was there, but not portable devices. Ill try iTunes anyway though

Delta6k, Jan 25, 2018
  8. iPad wont show up in file explorer

If you click on view there should be a heading - show hidden devices.

9. Delta6k Win User
    Just tried, that did an entire nothing

Delta6k, Jan 25, 2018
  10. Delta6k Win User
    it wont install. the setup thing downloaded, but after i install itunes itself and click finish, it goes away and it isnt there

Delta6k, Jan 25, 2018
  11. Wow, whatever Wondershare did it did it well. I was looking for an uninstaller but Norton reported some suspect sites.

Did you checked their site for an uninstaller?

12. Okay new idea. Open for comment.

Get yourself revo-uninstaller. Install it have have it running. Then re-install Wondershare product allow Revo to map exactly what is being installed where.

The use revo uninstaller to totally uninstall product.

Caledon Ken, Jan 26, 2018
  13. hiphopper Win User

Do iOS devices ever show up in explorer? My recollection is that those devices don't have standard file systems and can't be mounted in Windows as such. iTunes and some third party apps allow limited file sharing but not through the OS file system unless I'm mis-remembering.

hiphopper, Jan 26, 2018
  14. They show up and can be read. Copy pictures from my iPhone all the time.

Caledon Ken, Jan 26, 2018
  15. Do you get the "Allow this device to access photos and videos" message on the iPad when you plug in the USB?

iPad wont show up in file explorer [​IMG]

1. Connect your iPad to USB.
    2. Run UsbTreeView from USB Device Tree Viewer and see if the iPad is detected. Click on the entry. Note that the program might freeze for a minute when the iPad is connected for some reason - just wait for it to finish.

iPad wont show up in file explorer [​IMG]

3. Reply with the "Device information" contents.

Code: ======================== USB Device ======================== +++++++++++++++++ Device Information ++++++++++++++++++ Friendly Name : Apple iPad Device Description : Apple iPad Device Path : \\.\usb#vid_05ac&pid_12ab#88bba59c54d3c322f809439fa9b99a7d178545e5#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed} Device ID : USB\VID_05AC&PID_12AB\88BBA59C54D3C322F809439FA9B99A7D178545E5 Hardware IDs : USB\VID_05AC&PID_12AB&REV_0503 USB\VID_05AC&PID_12AB Driver KeyName : {eec5ad98-8080-425f-922a-dabf3de3f69a}\0020 (GUID_DEVCLASS_WPD) Driver : \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\WUDFRd.sys (Version: 10.0.16299.15 Date: 2017-09-29) Driver Inf : C:\WINDOWS\inf\wpdmtp.inf Legacy BusType : PNPBus Class : WPD Class GUID : {eec5ad98-8080-425f-922a-dabf3de3f69a} (GUID_DEVCLASS_WPD) Interface GUID : {a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed} (GUID_DEVINTERFACE_USB_DEVICE) Service : WUDFWpdMtp Enumerator : USB Location Info : Port_#0003.Hub_#0001 Location IDs : PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1400)#USBROOT(0)#USB(3), ACPI(_SB_)#ACPI(PCI0)#ACPI(XHC_)#ACPI(RHUB)#ACPI(HS03) Container ID : {c326ecd0-90c0-568b-9153-27a2b66775b6} Manufacturer Info : Apple Inc. Capabilities : 0x94 (Removable, UniqueID, SurpriseRemovalOK) Status : 0x0180600A (DN_DRIVER_LOADED, DN_STARTED, DN_DISABLEABLE, DN_REMOVABLE, DN_NT_ENUMERATOR, DN_NT_DRIVER) Problem Code : 0 Lower Filters : WinUsb Power State : D0 (supported: D0, D3, wake from D0)[/quote]

PolarNettles, Jan 26, 2018
Thema:

1. iPad wont show up in file explorer - Similar Threads - iPad wont show

2. My Seatgate BUP Slim shows up in Disk management but wont work or show up in File explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Seatgate BUP Slim shows up in Disk management but wont work or show up in File explorer: So I have been searching around for a while on how to fix this. I've come down to asking for help now because it seems I have a peculiar situation. Im not sure if my drive is completely done for or not. But if it isnt I would like to now how to fix it it. Iv tried different...
  3. My Seatgate BUP Slim shows up in Disk management but wont work or show up in File explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Seatgate BUP Slim shows up in Disk management but wont work or show up in File explorer: So I have been searching around for a while on how to fix this. I've come down to asking for help now because it seems I have a peculiar situation. Im not sure if my drive is completely done for or not. But if it isnt I would like to now how to fix it it. Iv tried different...
  4. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB not showing up in file explorer.: This problem has been going on for a while, a 1 TB usb drive that I own suddenly had a problem where it wouldn't appear on my file explorer and I couldn't open it.Yes I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't work. What do I do?...
  5. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB not showing up in file explorer.: This problem has been going on for a while, a 1 TB usb drive that I own suddenly had a problem where it wouldn't appear on my file explorer and I couldn't open it.Yes I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't work. What do I do?...
  6. Artwork not showing up on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Artwork not showing up on File Explorer: My File Explorer music files do not show the artwork. I've already made sure the "Always show icons , never thumbnails is Unchecked. I tried a couple other things as well, but no luck. Any suggestions, please?...
  7. Artwork not showing up on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Artwork not showing up on File Explorer: My File Explorer music files do not show the artwork. I've already made sure the "Always show icons , never thumbnails is Unchecked. I tried a couple other things as well, but no luck. Any suggestions, please?...
  8. Temp files showing up in file explorer

Temp files showing up in file explorer: Hello , I work as an IT for a Cargo Company . Recently some users have reported an issue of temporary files pinned in the file explorer. I tried deleting the temps but it wont let me. I also ran CCleaner and nothing. Have searched the internet but have found no answer to...
  9. Files not showing up with File Explorer

Files not showing up with File Explorer: I open File Explorer to find a file that I knew had been created at the end of March 2019. I went to the location that I was sure I had saved it to. It did not show up. I opened up a separate File Explorer and searched my entire C drive and there were the file that I was...
  10. Mysterious files showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious files showing up in file explorer: Running Win 10 anniversary update on new HP all-in-one with a 256GB SSD (C*Smile and a 2TB SATA (D*Smile drive. About three weeks ago I decided to move all of my data files from C: to the D: drive leaving only OS and program files on C:. I did not permanently delete...