Windows 10: ipconfig problem

Discus and support ipconfig problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win10 1903 64 I have 2 HP PCs and both are connected wirelessly to my Linksys CG7500 router and working perfectly. However, when I go to ipconfig, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Burris, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Burris Win User

ipconfig problem

Win10 1903 64

I have 2 HP PCs and both are connected wirelessly to my Linksys CG7500 router and working perfectly. However, when I go to ipconfig, I don't see the lan address ip for either machine.
    My wireless printer works fine. Default gateway is 192.168.1.1
    When I look into the router, it shows both PCs connected with but not my phones.

Instead, I see about 5 different adapters showing with media disconnected.
    I tried all the release and renew and flush setting. No help.

thanks

:)

Burris, Jun 30, 2019
  2. saber862 Win User

Win XP problems with ipconfig

Well thanks for the idea, I was able to do some searching during class. As it turns out, and I dont know how this happened to be, some one suggested that I take a look at the 'Routing and Remote Access' service. I saw that it was disabled, started it, and now my ipconfig problem seems to have gone away.

saber862, Jun 30, 2019
  3. saber862 Win User
    Win XP problems with ipconfig

[Solved]Win XP problems with ipconfig

I have a Thinkpad T42/T40 that has been giving me a annoying error.

As far as I know this is not a driver issue as I have made sure that I installed the correct driver for the wi-fi card.

Yet, when I try to do something related to the card in the system, I run into this error. As such example, when I'm in cmd, and attempt to run ipconfig I get the following error:

"Windows IP Configuration

An internal error occurred: A device attached to the system is not functioning. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help. Additional information: Unknown media status code."

I have installed a fresh copy of win XP and downloaded all the patch files from Microsoft and installed all the drivers from the Think Vantage System update program. I don't have unknown items listed in device manager either.

It also has some problems connecting to some wireless networks that have AES encryption. But if I run the system in linux(Ubuntu) I don't the same errors, leaving me to assume its something windows based.

Does anyone have any idea, or any suggestions on what I could try to fix this? (and yes, I need the windows environment other wise I would be happy to just use Ubuntu.)

-system specs-
    -Intel Pentium M 1.7Ghz
    -Socket 479 mPGA
    -1.5Ghz Ram
    -ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 Series
    -Intel Pro/1000 MT Mobile Connection
    -Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
    -Bios: IBM 1RETDRWW (3.23) 6/18/2007

saber862, Jun 30, 2019
  4. TerryG54 Win User

ipconfig problem

ipconfig

I tried all of the suggestions but the issue was not resolved: I believe the issue is with windows rather than drivers because ipconfig is telling me that media state is disconnected.

PS: I just checked my brand new high end gaming laptop to find the same issue when I run ipconfig as administrator and tried the release/renew commands.

Media state................................: Media disconnected. (same as before)

Just tied ipconfig on a friends laptop and it has the same issue so I am sure it is a problem within windows. I suspect this means nearly everybody or at least most people have the same problem and microsoft should have a good look at the problem.

But thanks for the try.

TerryG54, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

ipconfig problem

1. ipconfig problem - Similar Threads - ipconfig problem

2. Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop with Windows 11 and is all up to date. I was running commands in Powershell 7 ran as admin for a class assignment and one was to run ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew, however, renew did not work and is saying my media is...
  3. Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop with Windows 11 and is all up to date. I was running commands in Powershell 7 ran as admin for a class assignment and one was to run ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew, however, renew did not work and is saying my media is...
  4. What should I run first? ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns, ipconfig /release,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I run first? ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns, ipconfig /release,...: Just to make sure that the process is clean and perfect, I want to know what I should run first. Is there a correct order? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-run-first-ipconfig-flushdns-ipconfig/954d6fba-5159-4741-97ab-1e65cf92d632
  5. What should I run first? ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns, ipconfig /release,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What should I run first? ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns, ipconfig /release,...: Just to make sure that the process is clean and perfect, I want to know what I should run first. Is there a correct order? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-run-first-ipconfig-flushdns-ipconfig/954d6fba-5159-4741-97ab-1e65cf92d632
  6. What should I run first? ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns, ipconfig /release,...

7. Used Ipconfig/release and can no longer see, much less connect to, wifi signals on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Used Ipconfig/release and can no longer see, much less connect to, wifi signals on Windows 11.: Hi and thank you for trying to help,I am running on a windows 11 desktop.My computer's internet connection was absurdly slow compared to other devices on my same home network. I attempted to repair this by doing the following commands in administrator mode after following a...
  8. Used Ipconfig/release and can no longer see, much less connect to, wifi signals on Windows 11.

Used Ipconfig/release and can no longer see, much less connect to, wifi signals on Windows 11.: Hi and thank you for trying to help,I am running on a windows 11 desktop.My computer's internet connection was absurdly slow compared to other devices on my same home network. I attempted to repair this by doing the following commands in administrator mode after following a...
  9. Ethernet connection problems - IPCONFIG says Media Disconnected - WiFi works fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet connection problems - IPCONFIG says Media Disconnected - WiFi works fine: How do I check if the network adapter is present in the BIOS. I'm running Windows 10 on an old 8-yrs Dell Laptop. How can I find the answer w/o leaving my email address?...
  10. ipconfig problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ipconfig problem: Win10 1903 64 I have 2 HP PCs and both are connected wirelessly to my Linksys CG7500 router and working perfectly. However, when I go to ipconfig, I don't see the lan address ip for either machine. My wireless printer works fine. Default gateway is 192.168.1.1 When I look...