Windows 10: ipconfig /renew returns Unable to Contact DHCP Server. DHCP Access Denied. A million errors...

Discus and support ipconfig /renew returns Unable to Contact DHCP Server. DHCP Access Denied. A million errors... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I've recently changed ISPs and my ISP is telling me that everything is configured in their end but I still have Unidentified Network and running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bigboi27, Jun 26, 2020.

1. bigboi27 Win User

ipconfig /renew returns Unable to Contact DHCP Server. DHCP Access Denied. A million errors...

Hello I've recently changed ISPs and my ISP is telling me that everything is configured in their end but I still have Unidentified Network and running a diagnose says "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration".

To solve this I found online that maybe running ipconfig /release then /renew might do it but it didn't, I get the message "An error occurred while renewing interface Ethernet : unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out."

I've tried multiple things to solve this and none of them have worked, these include:

• Running ipconfig /registerdns: this simply said "Registration of the DNS resource records for all adapters of this computer has been initiated. Any errors will be reported in the Event Viewer in 15 minutes."
    • Going into services.msc, finding DHCP and restarting/stopping it: This shows a box with the following: "When DHCP Client stops, there other services will also stop -WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service, Network Connected Devices Auto-Setup, Network List Service, Network Location Awareness" and if I want to stop them so I click yes only to be greeted by the message: "Windows could not stop the DHCP Client service on Local Computer. Error 5: Access is denied."
    • Trying to solve the above, I've had to go into regedit and change permissions for DHCP and TCPIP, I followed many instructions online and none of them have worked.
    • Running netsh winsock reset: After running this it told me to restart so I did and the result was that nothing changed.
    • Updating drivers: I tried to update my network drivers and it says they're up to date, I can't rollback and did confirm these are the latest ones.

If anyone has a solution to this problem I'll be glad to hear it and try anything out, so far nothing seems to work and I'm beginning to wonder if it's a problem on my end or the ISP.

:)

bigboi27, Jun 26, 2020
  2. DRN2018 Win User

Cannot ipconfig /renew

Whenever I try to ipconfig /renew (after ipconfig /release), it takes a long time and then it says that "An error occurred while renewing interface Npcap Loopback Adapter: unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has been timed out" Any suggestions
    on how to fix this?

DRN2018, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Unable to contact your DHCP server.

Good evening.

I have a simple yet complicated Problem. My Computer logs onto the internet just fine but will only load sites like Wikipedia, Google and Youtube.

It appears that Ipv6 connects just fine but when I check for device info (provided by router admin access) it shows my computers IPv4 as 0.0.0.0.

When I go into CMD and type ipconfig/renew it is unable to contact the DHCP server. The Resquest times out.

On ipconfig/all it says my WLaN adapter does not have DHCP enabled, but according to settings it does?

I’ve tried the Netsh commands, restarting PC and Router, Re-enabling my adapter, changing IP to a static one but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

NonoUrbaczka, Jun 26, 2020
  4. agmz30 Win User

ipconfig /renew returns Unable to Contact DHCP Server. DHCP Access Denied. A million errors...

DHCP will not start . Error 5.

Have not been able to get automatic IP on LAN because DHCP won't start .
    The error message when trying to restart DHCP is :
    "Windows was unable to restart DHCP Client service . Error 5 : Access Denied."
    I am able to connect to the internet with a static IP .
    I have no restoration points on my computer .

This is what I have tried so far -->

The usual commands :

• ipconfig /flushdns
    • netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
    • netsh winsock reset catalog
    • netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    • netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
    • netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    • ipconfig / release
    • ipconfig /renew

I have , of course , contacted my ISP and they have found nothing wrong on their side (or in the router) .

I have also uninstalled / reinstalled my network adaptor .

Have also tried modifying the registry by assigning permissions at :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DHCP\

Now digging deeper , I set the command :
    CMD /K SC QC DHCP

This was what I got (note the system is in Spanish) :
    TIPO_INICIO : 2 AUTO_START
    CONTROL_ERROR : 1 NORMAL
    NOMBRE_RUTA_BINARIO : C:\Windows\system32\svchlst.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
    GRUPO_ORDEN_CARGA : TDI
    ETIQUETA : 0
    NOMBRE_MOSTRAR : Cliente DHCP
    DEPENDENCIAS : MSI
    TDX
    AFD
    NOMBRE_INICIO_SERVICIO : NT Authority\LocalService

Any ideas? ,
    Thanks .

agmz30, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. ipconfig /renew returns Unable to Contact DHCP Server. DHCP Access Denied. A million errors... - Similar Threads - ipconfig renew returns

2. DHCP server cannot update A records, access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DHCP server cannot update A records, access denied: Under normal situation when DHCP performing dynamic updates on behalf, the server itself has write permission to the records.But if client machine initiate a dns update eg. manually run ipconfig /registerdns, the A record resulted is not updatable by DHCP server eg. when IP...
  3. DHCP server cannot update A records, access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DHCP server cannot update A records, access denied: Under normal situation when DHCP performing dynamic updates on behalf, the server itself has write permission to the records.But if client machine initiate a dns update eg. manually run ipconfig /registerdns, the A record resulted is not updatable by DHCP server eg. when IP...
  4. DHCP server cannot update A records, access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. DHCP server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DHCP server: Ik ben al een poosje op zoek naar een DHCP server, hoe kom ik daaraan? En welke kan ik veilig downloaden of staat hij al op Windows10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dhcp-server/7a23e6b2-1268-43bd-a917-9c41ece58bb2
  6. FIXED: ipconfig /renew returns Unable to Contact DHCP Server. DHCP Access Denied. A million...

FIXED: ipconfig /renew returns Unable to Contact DHCP Server. DHCP Access Denied. A million...: Hello I've recently changed ISPs and my ISP is telling me that everything is configured in their end but I still have Unidentified Network and running a diagnose says "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To solve this I found online that maybe running ipconfig...
  7. Cannot Contact DHCP Server

Cannot Contact DHCP Server: (Rather complex problem, which probably should be in two forums, but I'm going to start here. I am using my wife's computer due to the problem, which is compounded by incredibly slow Internet speed today; it is so slow that speed tests won't load. I checked the DSL modem, it...
  8. Ipconfig/renew returns cannot connect to DHCP request timed out

Ipconfig/renew returns cannot connect to DHCP request timed out: Lost ethernet connectivity with my HP Pavilion running windows 10 about 2 days ago. Tried the network reset option but yielded zero results. Ipconfig/flushdns followed by /release worked but upon using ipconfig/renew I get the message in the subject line. Laptop was purchased...
  9. Unable to contact your DHCP server.

Unable to contact your DHCP server.: Good evening. I have a simple yet complicated Problem. My Computer logs onto the internet just fine but will only load sites like Wikipedia, Google and Youtube. It appears that Ipv6 connects just fine but when I check for device info (provided by router admin access) it...
  10. DHCP renewal of IP address with ISP denied

DHCP renewal of IP address with ISP denied: Hello I wonder if anyone can advise concerning a series of messages appearing in the logs of my two networked computers? Examples of the messages: ON ALPHA: The IP address lease 192.168.0.3 for the Network Card with network address 0x0024E8F1F44F has been denied...