Windows 10: iPhone 12 not connecting thru USB-C

Discus and support iPhone 12 not connecting thru USB-C in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased 4 new iPhone 12's and all 4 devices are not recognized on two different PC's using the supplied Lightning/USB-C cable. When the supplied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeraldDeLacy, Apr 9, 2021.

1. iPhone 12 not connecting thru USB-C

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]I purchased 4 new iPhone 12's and all 4 devices are not recognized on two different PC's using the supplied Lightning/USB-C cable.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]When the supplied cable is plugged in to a Windows PC USB-C port the iPhone 12 charges and makes the charging connection sound and Windows makes the new device found sound and shows up in Device Manager - Universal Serial Bus Controllers as – Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed. No “Trust this Computer” pop up is displayed on the iPhone and iTunes and file explorer do NOT see the iPhone 12. I tried several different NEW lightning/USB-C cables and phones with same result.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]When I go to the properties of the Unknown Device in Device Manager I get "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 A request from the USB device descriptor failed."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]I called Apple support and spoke with two senior advisors. I was told that the iPhone 12, with the supplied Lightning/USB-C cable, will not work with any windows PC. WHHHHHHAAAAAAAATTTTT?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]I do notice, however, if I use the same cable with a USB-C to USB-A adapter not only does the Windows PC recognize the iPhone 12 but iTunes does too! You have got to be kidding me going backwards.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Anyone have workarounds on this?[/COLOR]

:)

GeraldDeLacy, Apr 9, 2021
  2. DonLandry Win User

Connect my iPhone XR to Windows 10 desktop

I need to connect to iTunes to backup iPhone contents and sync my iPhone XR with new purchases from the Store to my Windows 10 desktop. According to Apple, the Windows 10 desktop must be Unlocked in order for
    iTunes to update and sync to my iPhone XR.

I get the message "Trust This Computer? Your settings and data will be accessible from this computer when connected wirelessly or using a cable." when I connect the iPhone to my Windows 10 desktop via usb
    cable.

My specifications are:

• iTunes Version 12.10.7.3.
    • iPhone XR iOS version 13.3.1. Version 13.5 available.
    • Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4497165).
    I have tried previous suggestions:

Any suggestions?

DonLandry, Apr 9, 2021
  3. connecting iphone

1. Are you using an original Apple cable to connect to the iPhone from the computer?
    2. Have you tried multiple USB ports?
    3. iPhone ____? Which one?
    4. Does it connect to other computers?
    5. Windows 8.1 _______ edition, 32-bit or 64-bit?
    6. Have you gone thru
      Apple's troubleshooting steps
      ?

Shenan Stanley, Apr 9, 2021
  4. iPhone 12 not connecting thru USB-C

iPhone 4s usb connection-disconnection error

Hi Kiran Kishore

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I don't see any iPhone driver in USB list in device manager.

Please guide further.

Regards

Mukhtar Ali

Dr.MukhtarAli, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

iPhone 12 not connecting thru USB-C

1. iPhone 12 not connecting thru USB-C - Similar Threads - iPhone connecting thru

2. I have a spectre 360 laptop connected to external monitor thru a G5 USB-C dock. The power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a spectre 360 laptop connected to external monitor thru a G5 USB-C dock. The power...: I have a spectre 360 laptop connected to external monitor thru a G5 USB-C dock. The power button is out side. How do I turn on my laptop without opening the lid. I am running Windows 11 home....
  3. I have a spectre 360 laptop connected to external monitor thru a G5 USB-C dock. The power...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a spectre 360 laptop connected to external monitor thru a G5 USB-C dock. The power...: I have a spectre 360 laptop connected to external monitor thru a G5 USB-C dock. The power button is out side. How do I turn on my laptop without opening the lid. I am running Windows 11 home....
  4. Connecting a USB-c SSD to a USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting a USB-c SSD to a USB-c Hub: I have a USB-c Hub that works splendidly. I also have a spectacular SSD M.2 Enclosure that also works fine if I connect it directly to my laptop. If, however if connect the enclosure to the HUB it is recognized but stops working after a couple of clicks and I see disk errors...
  5. Connecting a USB-c SSD to a USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting a USB-c SSD to a USB-c Hub: I have a USB-c Hub that works splendidly. I also have a spectacular SSD M.2 Enclosure that also works fine if I connect it directly to my laptop. If, however if connect the enclosure to the HUB it is recognized but stops working after a couple of clicks and I see disk errors...
  6. Portable devices are not being recognized when connected thru USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Portable devices are not being recognized when connected thru USB: Driver Provider: MicrosoftDriver Date: 6/21/2006Driver Version: 10.0.18362.900This device cannot start. Code 10{Access Denied}A process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights....
  7. connection of Iphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    connection of Iphone: I purchased Microsoft 365 and havent been able to connect with my facebook nor synch my Iphone. Please help without access to the things I need therefore the purchase of Microsoft 365 is useless....
  8. connect iphone 11 to computer via usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connect iphone 11 to computer via usb: the iphone 11 pro max is not showing up in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-iphone-11-to-computer-via-usb/1ca99707-c06b-4b54-9c0b-cdeb9e619bd1
  9. Phone connection thru USB glitching out after incomplete removal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Phone connection thru USB glitching out after incomplete removal: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/controlledleak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efmu84/phone_connection_thru_usb_glitching_out_after/
  10. IPhone connecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IPhone connecting: How do I upload photos from my phone to Windows 10? I keep getting a message that my phone is disconnected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/iphone-connecting/effc7ecd-5216-43a5-a2a7-39a79462997b