Windows 10: iPhone cannot connect to my PC

Discus and support iPhone cannot connect to my PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I simply cannot believe I am the only person in the whole world who is having this problem since I have two iPhone and they both have the same problem;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David_Robinson_Berlin, Jun 27, 2020.

1. iPhone cannot connect to my PC

I simply cannot believe I am the only person in the whole world who is having this problem since I have two iPhone and they both have the same problem; I've also had exactly the same problem with two successive computers - previously a Dell and now a high end Surface. This is the problem: I am trying to do a very, very simple procedure - back up my photos to my computer. So I plug the phone into the computer, go though the whole procedure trust the computer on the iPhone, unlock the iPhone, make sure iPhone's home screen is showing, make sure the cable is a real Apple product and so on and so on and then launch Photos and select import in the top right of the home page and then from the drop down menu opt for import from a USB device. The photos app does one of two things 1 the 'Escher's staircase' turns, whizzes and whirls and then gets locked and crashes 2 [more usually] I get a message saying the "we're having trouble connecting make sure your device is unlocked and that you accept the notification to connect". This goes on day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year and I'm sick of it. The Microsoft help community has absolutely nothing but the most basic and obvious advice on this - reboot both devices, renew the "trust" authorisation, and occasionally something a little less obvious but nonetheless equally useless like disable iCloud it makes no difference to the outcomes. My hypothesis is one or other of these monster companies is playing dirty tricks on the poor users of devices covering both platforms - which one it is or if it's both I have no idea. But I'd really, really like to be able to connect my Apple device to my Windows computer and back it up. The only way around that sort of worked for a bit was to but expensive back up/iPhone management software for my Surface I found one called iMazing but even that stopped working presumably when the dirty tricks guys at one or other of the firms found out there was a back door to make the connection work or perhaps the designer iMazing is just an awful company. I also found that a complicated backup system involving attaching my iPhone to a USB hub and painstakingly copying folders and to a back up drive worked but it was incredibly messy. I wish someone had something more than flaccid, obvious recommendations for fixing this problem which does not involve spending vast amounts on iCloud storage or complicated workaround. Please help! I will beam you vast amounts of positive energy! Thank you to anyone whose read to the end of this. David

:)

David_Robinson_Berlin, Jun 27, 2020
  2. JoeBVF Win User

connectivity between iphone and PC

Widows 7 PC cannot locate as a new device, my iphone 5, connected by USB. Suggestions?

JoeBVF, Jun 27, 2020
  3. vgchat Win User
    syncing images to pc & back to iphone

Hey there I have a bit of a dilemma. I want to do this:

1. sync images from my iphone to my pc
    2. run jpegmini on the images that are now on my pc from my phone
    3. replace the existing images on the iphone and icloud with the new smaller compressed images to save space and avoid cloud conflicts with the same files with different file sizes

Surely this probably isn't as straight-forward as those steps above, right? Any feedback on what to do differently than the above or should I just stick with the above?

vgchat, Jun 27, 2020
  4. iPhone cannot connect to my PC

Random Connect to iPhone

Hi!

I'm sitting in front of it my new PC I just bought, minding my own business.

Suddenly a notice pops up and says your photos are ready.. and then I click it and find that all the pics from my iPhone are suddenly copied to the PC into the Photos App. This is so weird because I have never connected my iPhone to the PC. The phone does not sync to iCloud. Besides I don't even have iCloud on the PC.

The iPhone was sitting on the table nearby. I am extremely confused and worried because the PC just randomly copied all the pictures from my phone.

I tried googling but couldn't find anything. I found articles on 'How to connect your iPhone to Windows' and they all had 3-5 steps you had to follow through. But mine just did it on it's own without me wanting to do it!!

Can anyone explain how this happened??? I would love some clue!!!!

claystanton, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

iPhone cannot connect to my PC

1. iPhone cannot connect to my PC - Similar Threads - iPhone cannot connect

2. I cant connect hotspot from Iphone with my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant connect hotspot from Iphone with my PC: I try everything in communication to fix it but its doesnt work hotspot via USB nothing show on my network but I can export picture in my phone....
  3. I cannot connect my iPhone to Phone Link as it wants android.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot connect my iPhone to Phone Link as it wants android.: I had a Galaxy S8 connected to Phone Link in the past and now I have an iPhone which I want to connect. I've downloaded the Link to Windows app on my phone and scanned the QR code that was displayed on my laptop, after, it said that an error occurred because it was a QR code...
  4. I cannot connect an iphone to my windows 11 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot connect an iphone to my windows 11 computer: The button is grayed out and says coming soon even though I am part of the windows insider program in the dev channel and my PC is updated to the latest software....
  5. I cannot connect an iphone to my windows 11 computer

I cannot connect an iphone to my windows 11 computer: The button is grayed out and says coming soon even though I am part of the windows insider program in the dev channel and my PC is updated to the latest software....
  6. iPhone cannot connect to Windows 11 hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iPhone cannot connect to Windows 11 hotspot: Sometimes when I want my iPhone to connect to my Windows hotspot, it does not connect. The iPhone can detect the hotspot, but it shows that it’s trying to connect, but loads forever and does not connect at all. I’ve tried turning off the hotspot and WiFi function on both...
  7. iPhone cannot connect to Windows 11 hotspot

iPhone cannot connect to Windows 11 hotspot: Sometimes when I want my iPhone to connect to my Windows hotspot, it does not connect. The iPhone can detect the hotspot, but it shows that it’s trying to connect, but loads forever and does not connect at all. I’ve tried turning off the hotspot and WiFi function on both...
  8. connection of Iphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    connection of Iphone: I purchased Microsoft 365 and havent been able to connect with my facebook nor synch my Iphone. Please help without access to the things I need therefore the purchase of Microsoft 365 is useless....
  9. how to connect my iphone 11 to my pc?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to connect my iphone 11 to my pc?: need something more? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-my-iphone-11-to-my-pc/292ed982-b6ef-4184-9806-3e178392ee0a
  10. IPhone connecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IPhone connecting: How do I upload photos from my phone to Windows 10? I keep getting a message that my phone is disconnected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/iphone-connecting/effc7ecd-5216-43a5-a2a7-39a79462997b