Windows 10: iPhone cannot connect to Windows 11 hotspot

Discus and support iPhone cannot connect to Windows 11 hotspot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Sometimes when I want my iPhone to connect to my Windows hotspot, it does not connect. The iPhone can detect the hotspot, but it shows that it’s trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FireBlazer_TAY, Feb 2, 2023.

1. iPhone cannot connect to Windows 11 hotspot

Sometimes when I want my iPhone to connect to my Windows hotspot, it does not connect. The iPhone can detect the hotspot, but it shows that it’s trying to connect, but loads forever and does not connect at all. I’ve tried turning off the hotspot and WiFi function on both devices and switching it back on but to no avail. Suggestions?

:)

FireBlazer_TAY, Feb 2, 2023
  2. jacobacci Win User

Personal Hotspot on iPhone not detected on Thinkpad T480s

I used to be able to connect my iPhone 6s (iOS 13) to my Thinkpad T480s (Win 10 Pro, 1903, latest updates) via USB-C and use the personal hotspot on the iPhone to connect to the internet. This worked without any issues for several years through several upgrades of iOS and Windows.
    Now I switched to an iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 13) and the T480s does not detect the iPhone's personal hotspot any more. Personal hotspot is turned on on the iPhone 11 Pro. The T480s sees the iPhone and I can browse its content.
    The personal hotspot on the iPhone 6s (also iOS 13) is also not detected any more since I updated the following Apple software on the T480s to the current versions:
    • AppleApplicationSupport64
    • AppleMobileDeviceSupport64
    • AppleSoftwareUpdate
    Am I missing something here?

jacobacci, Feb 2, 2023
  3. DonLandry Win User
    Connect my iPhone XR to Windows 10 desktop

I need to connect to iTunes to backup iPhone contents and sync my iPhone XR with new purchases from the Store to my Windows 10 desktop. According to Apple, the Windows 10 desktop must be Unlocked in order for
    iTunes to update and sync to my iPhone XR.

I get the message "Trust This Computer? Your settings and data will be accessible from this computer when connected wirelessly or using a cable." when I connect the iPhone to my Windows 10 desktop via usb
    cable.

My specifications are:

• iTunes Version 12.10.7.3.
    • iPhone XR iOS version 13.3.1. Version 13.5 available.
    • Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4497165).
    I have tried previous suggestions:

• Reset Location & Privacy on iPhone.
    • Tried a different USB cable for connection of the iPhone and Windows 10 desktop.
    • Turned off Wi-Fi on iPhone.
    • No personal hotspots defined on iPhone.
    • Found this article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202778. Followed the suggested steps with no luck.
    • Found this article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204095. Look at step four. "If you see a Trust this Computer alert, unlock your device and tap Trust:. How do I
      unlock the device? Which device -- PC or iPhone?
    Any suggestions?

DonLandry, Feb 2, 2023
  4. Rohit_R Win User

iPhone cannot connect to Windows 11 hotspot

Personal Hotspot for iPhone connection

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Since when are you facing this issue?

Try the following steps and check if that works:

Method 1: Forget the WIFI network and connect with it again:

1. Click on the Networks icon from the taskbar.

2. On the popup window, click on Networks and Internet settings.

3. In the Network settings, click on Manage WIFI settings option.

4. Now, select the IPhone’s hotspot name and click on Forget button.

5. Click on WIFI option from the left side panel and look for IPhone Hotspot.

6. Connect with the Hotspot and check if it is working.

Method 2:
    Personal Hotspot is not working on your computer

Please get back to us with the results.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

iPhone cannot connect to Windows 11 hotspot

1. iPhone cannot connect to Windows 11 hotspot - Similar Threads - iPhone cannot connect

2. Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot: Suddenly to connect to my iphone hotspot action is needed open browser and connect. It just opens an MSN page with nothing to do?I’ve been connecting to my hotspots for years prior to this and never had this problem?...
  3. Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot: Suddenly to connect to my iphone hotspot action is needed open browser and connect. It just opens an MSN page with nothing to do?I’ve been connecting to my hotspots for years prior to this and never had this problem?...
  4. PC won't connect to iPhone personal hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't connect to iPhone personal hotspot: Hello, I am currently trying to connect my PC to my iPhone personal hotspot but nothing is appearing under the wifi list. From my settings on my phone, it says it should appear as MyName's iPhone. I have also contacted Apple regarding this issue and they said that all the...
  5. PC won't connect to iPhone personal hotspot

PC won't connect to iPhone personal hotspot: Hello, I am currently trying to connect my PC to my iPhone personal hotspot but nothing is appearing under the wifi list. From my settings on my phone, it says it should appear as MyName's iPhone. I have also contacted Apple regarding this issue and they said that all the...
  6. iPhone cannot connect to Windows 11 hotspot

iPhone cannot connect to Windows 11 hotspot: Sometimes when I want my iPhone to connect to my Windows hotspot, it does not connect. The iPhone can detect the hotspot, but it shows that it’s trying to connect, but loads forever and does not connect at all. I’ve tried turning off the hotspot and WiFi function on both...
  7. New iphone 13 pro cannot connect to Windows 10 hotspot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New iphone 13 pro cannot connect to Windows 10 hotspot.: I upgraded my phone from an iphone 8 plus to an iPhone 13 pro yesterday. Due to issues with wifi connectivity in my house, in my office, I use my Windows 10 desktop as a hotspot because it is hardwired via ethernet to my router across the house. My old iPhone 8 was connected...
  8. want to connect to my iphone hotspot

want to connect to my iphone hotspot: can anybody show mw how to get my tel hotspot as an internet connection when i am on the road? ß https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-connect-to-my-iphone-hotspot/14614fde-329d-440e-ab16-53db0e98795b
  9. Mobile hotspot won't connect to iPhone

Mobile hotspot won't connect to iPhone: I have recently updated my computer to Windows 10 and have been attempting to use the Mobile Hotspot function provided in it. I am able to create a name and password for it. Under the "Share my internet connection from" section, it says the name of my Ethernet, which is how I...
  10. Unable to connect to Iphone Hotspot via WIFI

Unable to connect to Iphone Hotspot via WIFI: Hi, I have been having issues connecting my laptop to my Iphone Data Hotspot via WIFI. I am able to connect other devices to my Hotspot via WIFI but not my laptop. I have tried connecting via lightning cable and it works fine! I have a video of what happens to my iphone...