Windows 10: iPhone can't update through iTunes on Windows 10

Discus and support iPhone can't update through iTunes on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sorry if this is the wrong sub to post on, since this is about my iPhone, but it is also about Windows 10. I recently got an apple watch, but my iPhone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CAS-14, Aug 9, 2020.

1. /u/CAS-14 Win User

iPhone can't update through iTunes on Windows 10

Sorry if this is the wrong sub to post on, since this is about my iPhone, but it is also about Windows 10. I recently got an apple watch, but my iPhone needed to update in order to pair it. Since my storage was full, I used iTunes on my Windows 10 PC to update the iPhone.

Anyway, as it was backing up before installing the backup, I decided to multitask and copy some files onto a portable SSD. As I plugged it in, the iPhone update stopped, and it said it had been disconnected. The plug must have come loose.

However, when I went to plug my phone back in, a Windows notification popped up, saying "USB device not recognized: The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." I've tried again and again, and the same message pops up every time. I'll probably just put extra effort in to clear enough space on my phone and update it that way, but I'll need to access my device eventually.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

submitted by /u/CAS-14
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CAS-14, Aug 9, 2020
  2. DonLandry Win User

Connect my iPhone XR to Windows 10 desktop

I need to connect to iTunes to backup iPhone contents and sync my iPhone XR with new purchases from the Store to my Windows 10 desktop. According to Apple, the Windows 10 desktop must be Unlocked in order for
    iTunes to update and sync to my iPhone XR.

I get the message "Trust This Computer? Your settings and data will be accessible from this computer when connected wirelessly or using a cable." when I connect the iPhone to my Windows 10 desktop via usb
    cable.

My specifications are:

• iTunes Version 12.10.7.3.
    • iPhone XR iOS version 13.3.1. Version 13.5 available.
    • Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4497165).
    I have tried previous suggestions:

Any suggestions?

DonLandry, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Martmcd, Aug 9, 2020
  4. iPhone can't update through iTunes on Windows 10

Itunes and Wimdows 10

I cannot synch my IPhone on Windows 10 . I keep getting a message on Itunes that the computer isn't authorized. I follow the steps on ITunes to authorize and ITunes says it is authorized. any suggestions?

johnlamson, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

iPhone can't update through iTunes on Windows 10

1. iPhone can't update through iTunes on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - iPhone can't update

2. Can't update itunes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update itunes.: Can't update itunes. Tried every solution shown on help sites. Install wants me to remove old version of itunes but system won't allow access. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-itunes/509bbef8-e375-4641-9cfc-357ffb102acf
  3. windows defender blocking itunes iphone update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows defender blocking itunes iphone update: hi can anyone help windows defender is blocking iTunes so that i can not update my iPhone on my pc. i know i can do this wirelessly from the iPhone but have been doing this using my pc and iTunes for many years and don't want to change i have tried contacting Microsoft...
  4. iTunes, iPhone and Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    iTunes, iPhone and Windows 10.: Hi all. My iMac is currently inoperable and I'm using a Windows 10 laptop on which I do have iTunes installed. Would it be possible to rip a cd using iTunes and sync it to my iPhone SE 2020? Optimally the iMac would be my goto system but it's currently a $1300...
  5. iphone and itunes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iphone and itunes: And yet again, iTunes does not recognize the iPhone on my HP desktop It does recognize it on my wife's desktop. So, iTunes concluded, understandably, that it was a problem on my computer ... and I must contact Microsoft. I have Windows 10. All updates and rebooting 3...
  6. unable to sync iPhone 11 through iTunes

unable to sync iPhone 11 through iTunes: Windows 10 PC, plugged in iphone to sync with itunes, got message "itunes is waiting for Windows Update to install driver for this iphone." Updated and restarted but still getting same message....
  7. windows 10 and syncing with itunes with an iphone 5s

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 and syncing with itunes with an iphone 5s: I just got a windows 10 computer. I downloaded iTunes onto the computer in the hopes of getting all my music on one device (my computer). However when I attempt to sync my iPhone to the computer is get this error message: "The iPhone "Jessica stone's iPhone" cannot be synced....
  8. iPhone/iTunes help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iPhone/iTunes help: my iphone will not connect with my itunes on my laptop. I have the latest windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iphoneitunes-help/5bf1651a-56ff-43d9-bf42-0088259949f3
  9. Itune does not recognize iPhone

Itune does not recognize iPhone: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Itune does not recognize iphone. Also how do i itune mp3 files upload to icloud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/itune-does-not-recognize-iphone/9e53de7d-dbc1-49e4-a6f2-aaa566f20249
  10. how to move iphone music in itunes to windows itunes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to move iphone music in itunes to windows itunes: How do I transfer iphone music that is in itunes to window pc itunes ? this include purchased and non-purchased from itunes. 25468