Windows 10: iPhone File Unreadability and Size Problem

Discus and support iPhone File Unreadability and Size Problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I moved some .JPG and .MOV files from my iPhone over to my computer, but later on for some reason the whole folder of files not only became unreadable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rmizos, Aug 3, 2019.

1. rmizos Win User

iPhone File Unreadability and Size Problem

I moved some .JPG and .MOV files from my iPhone over to my computer, but later on for some reason the whole folder of files not only became unreadable despite their extensions, but each one is now 2.98 GB in size. The whole folder of files is 1.17 TB in size apparently, but my disk space is less than that. What do I do to fix the files so that they are the right size again and readable? I don't know how this happened, I just want to know how to fix it. I'm not so sure moving them elsewhere would work, especially since the files are being read as almost 3 GB each, so it would be a pain to just move them elsewhere.

:)

rmizos, Aug 3, 2019
  2. cheukyung Win User

MOV Video File from iPhone 7 cannot be found in Win 10

I have the following equipment:
    • iphone 7 (iOS version 10.2.1; storage: 256GB)
    • notebook A (Windows 10 Home, with sufficient harddisk storage)
    • notebook B (Windows 10 Home, with sufficient harddisk storage)
    The iphone contains some image and video files including one .MOV file with size 4.6GB.

1. When I connect the iphone to notebook A by USB cord, in windows explorer all the files can be viewed except the .MOV file (as if it does not exist).
    2. When I connect the iphone to notebook B by USB cord, in windows explorer all the files including the .MOV file can be viewed.
    My question is: Why can't the file be shown in Windows sometimes? Any setting in Windows 10 may have impact on this?
    Thanks!

cheukyung, Aug 3, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Aug 3, 2019
  4. iPhone File Unreadability and Size Problem

increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 3, 2019
Thema:

iPhone File Unreadability and Size Problem

1. iPhone File Unreadability and Size Problem - Similar Threads - iPhone File Unreadability

2. Unreadable font problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unreadable font problem: problem shows up after updating https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unreadable-font-problem/dd025bb9-c376-45b2-872f-6a6895233a4f
  3. Unreadable font problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unreadable font problem: problem shows up after updating https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unreadable-font-problem/dd025bb9-c376-45b2-872f-6a6895233a4f
  4. "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable": Hello, I wanted to make a folder that had additional folders in it as well as the main folder with emojis you might use in text messages in the beginning of the name. For example, if I named a folder "Info," there is an emoji on Get Emoji Symbols a ".com" website of a light...
  5. Corrupted and unreadable files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted and unreadable files: Why are all my Microsort word and excel files corrupted and unreadable. This is not the first time it's happened - just want to know why and how to rectify the issue....
  6. the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable problem: recently i have this problem: the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable when i want to open my apps it appears but when i run them bu administrator thay open with out any problem i also tried disk checking buy comment prompt and still have the problem please...
  7. file sector is unreadable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file sector is unreadable: I opened my laptop to discover the dreaded blue screen, tried several things like 'reset the pc' but that led nowhere. On running chkdsk, found many 'file record segment is unreadable' messages that ended with 'insufficient disk space to insert the index entry. failed to...
  8. unreadable files

unreadable files: after a accidentle format of my second internal drive.the recuverd files i get from :recuva:,,easeus and undelete the files are all unreadable or only got the letter y like this yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,,can someone help me please its driving me mad...
  9. Unreadable file issue

Unreadable file issue: Good day, Thank you for the great products and systems for customers. I am one of who enjoy Windows 10. However, I am currently having a problem with this strange file that bothers me for a few days. It is just a photo file and it says as below every time I try to delete...
  10. Files Unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Unreadable: Hello all, I was using 32 gb usb for my backups on my old computer that I no longer have. When I purchased a new computer and restored the backups to it, I discovered that 2/3 of my music files were not in ITunes and most of the documents were in an unreadable form ( more...