Windows 10: iPhone is no longer detected by Windows 10 and does not appear in device manager/devices

Discus and support iPhone is no longer detected by Windows 10 and does not appear in device manager/devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 stopped recognizing my iPhone as a device. It no longer shows up in Explorer or Device Manager.I have the latest iOS installed on my phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tit4tat, Jul 17, 2021.

1. tit4tat Win User

iPhone is no longer detected by Windows 10 and does not appear in device manager/devices

Windows 10 stopped recognizing my iPhone as a device. It no longer shows up in Explorer or Device Manager.I have the latest iOS installed on my phone and current on Windows updates though I didn't have this issue before the last MS update - could be coincidenceI tried different cables to no avail. It IS recognized on other computers though.I uninstalled iTunes and all Apple software then reinstalled iTunes - no fix.I rebooted the pc and tried again. Still nothing.I tried disabling and restarting the Apple Mobile services. Nothing.I tried turning 'tethering' hotspot on in iPhone because an

:)

tit4tat, Jul 17, 2021
  2. Irene8458 Win User

iPhone is not detected by Windows 10 and does not appear in device manager/devices yet charges

Hi when i plug my iphone6plus into my windows 10 pc either nothing happens or i get an error message “The last USB device you connected malfunctioned and windows does not recognise it”.

There is no Apple Device anywhere in Device Manager including in Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

When i plug the iphone in and there is no error messsge - device manager shows nothing - nor is anything listed in unspecified devices view.

When i get an error messsge Device Manager lists “unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)”

I Have tried other cords and also a different pc - same results.

I also tried Apple approach that involves opening Mobile Device support\Drivers and right clicking on usbaap164 file - no change to problem.

Final 2 actions / complete uninstall of itunes on pc as per Apple instructions and reinstall - no change including when i repeated usbaap step above.

last action to date / reset location settings on iphone in hope this would prompt a “do you trust this pc” message in case this was a problem / nothing happened.

i’m wondering if there is even an apple driver on my pc?

Really need your help - need to back up phone and then use this to set up new iphone 8.

Irene8458, Jul 17, 2021
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jul 17, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

iPhone is no longer detected by Windows 10 and does not appear in device manager/devices

[SOLVED] Windows 8.1 Not Detecting USB Devices

It is possible you may need to run VIAO update, after your upgrade to 8.1, to check for new drivers and patches.

Edit: Also, have you gone to device manager and check the item in the menu "show hidden devices".
    See if their are any problems, uninstall any usb devices, and their associated listings in the other sections of the device manager that should not be there.

If need be... try GhostBuster to remove any ghosted devices you need/want gone.

You may need to do a refresh of Windows 8.1 as a last resort.

95Viper, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

1. iPhone is no longer detected by Windows 10 and does not appear in device manager/devices - Similar Threads - iPhone longer detected

2. Windows no longer updates, and mobile devices are no longer detected iPhone and Android

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows no longer updates, and mobile devices are no longer detected iPhone and Android: Summary: Haven't been able to update since 09-2023. Both 09-2023 and 10-2023 cumulative updates fail to install, and my Android and iPhone are no longer detected in File Explorer. The in place upgrade always fails, as does resetting through Windows 11.Ever since last month,...
  3. Windows no longer updates, and mobile devices are no longer detected iPhone and Android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows no longer updates, and mobile devices are no longer detected iPhone and Android: Summary: Haven't been able to update since 09-2023. Both 09-2023 and 10-2023 cumulative updates fail to install, and my Android and iPhone are no longer detected in File Explorer. The in place upgrade always fails, as does resetting through Windows 11.Ever since last month,...
  4. Camera app does not appear on device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera app does not appear on device manager.: I am trying to connect Microsoft LifeCam 3000 HD to YouCam App. I noticed that there is no camera app on the device manager. How do i resolve this problem?...
  5. Camera app does not appear on device manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera app does not appear on device manager.: I am trying to connect Microsoft LifeCam 3000 HD to YouCam App. I noticed that there is no camera app on the device manager. How do i resolve this problem?...
  6. Generic USB Bulk Device does not appear in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Generic USB Bulk Device does not appear in Device Manager: Hello, I am in need of some help regarding a USB device. My problem is that there is a USB device which no longer appears in my device manager. I have used this device on the same PC and same Windows installation before and it worked fine. Now it does not work a Windows...
  7. "Device detected as..." Window no longer opens?

"Device detected as..." Window no longer opens?: When I plugged a connector into the AUX input of my laptop (Windows 10), a window would always open immediately asking me what the connected device was. There were for example the options: Recognize device as Audio input Microphone input Speaker Headset ......
  8. Itunes app not detecting Iphone device

Itunes app not detecting Iphone device: Itunes app not detecting Iphone XR device in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-app-not-detecting-iphone-device/9b16b92d-ffba-4867-84f2-1708aff30ae0
  9. Windows 10 Device Manager not detecting Imaging Devices at all

Windows 10 Device Manager not detecting Imaging Devices at all: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on my Dell Inspiron 5559 laptop and I started installing all of the correct drivers for it. This laptop has an Intel 3D RealSense Depth Camera built into it (used for Windows Hello) and when I tried to install the driver for it, it...
  10. Integrated Webcam not detected. Imaging Devices category not appearing in device manager

Integrated Webcam not detected. Imaging Devices category not appearing in device manager: I have a Sager NP8275-S (Clevo P170SM) laptop running Windows 10 and the integrated webcam is not getting detected by the machine. I tried to look at the state of the drivers on device manager, but not only was the device not showing up in "Sound, video and game controllers",...