Windows 10: Iphone not fully working on hotspot

Discus and support Iphone not fully working on hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello All, I am trying to use my laptop as a hotspot using my companies ethernet connection. First of all I have done this for many months without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gus_1981, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Gus_1981 Win User

Iphone not fully working on hotspot

Hello All,

I am trying to use my laptop as a hotspot using my companies ethernet connection. First of all I have done this for many months without any difficulties then we started working from home. Now, I am back at the office where I never get a cell signal or office wifi so I need to bridge it by using my computer as a hotspot. Like I said this has worked fine up to now with no conscious changes made to either device aside from updates.

Here is the problem. I can actually connect to the hotspot like normal but the only things that seem to function are some social media apps like FB and twitter, which are both kind of useless to me here. Any other apps and browsers, such as dropbox, mail, and safari just say they can't connect. For all intents and purposes I logged into a streaming site on my computer and it works fine but the app on the phone stops at the log-in. I saw a notice in the hotspot setup about the GHz setting being too high so I tried lowering that from 5G to 2.4 which gets rid of the warning but doesn't yield better results. If I go to another part of the building where there is the company wifi, I have access to most everything so I know the apps aren't being blocked by the company firewalls.

Any Ideas? let me know if you need more info.

Thanks in advance.

-Gus

:)

Gus_1981, Jul 7, 2020
  2. jacobacci Win User

Personal Hotspot on iPhone not detected on Thinkpad T480s

I used to be able to connect my iPhone 6s (iOS 13) to my Thinkpad T480s (Win 10 Pro, 1903, latest updates) via USB-C and use the personal hotspot on the iPhone to connect to the internet. This worked without any issues for several years through several upgrades of iOS and Windows.
    Now I switched to an iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 13) and the T480s does not detect the iPhone's personal hotspot any more. Personal hotspot is turned on on the iPhone 11 Pro. The T480s sees the iPhone and I can browse its content.
    The personal hotspot on the iPhone 6s (also iOS 13) is also not detected any more since I updated the following Apple software on the T480s to the current versions:
    • AppleApplicationSupport64
    • AppleMobileDeviceSupport64
    • AppleSoftwareUpdate
    Am I missing something here?

jacobacci, Jul 7, 2020
  3. [mjc] Win User
    Windows 10, Mcafee Firewall, Ethernet Broadband, Dell XPS User trying to use Win10 Hotspot for Ipad and Iphone

Questions from Nathanial with my responses underlined:

We would like to ask some questions to know the best possible resolution.

• Have you tried changing the password of the Wifi hotspot and update the password on your phone?
      Per your question, I just completed this: Edited my wifi hotspot password to a different one, "forgot" that wifi hotspot on my iPhone, selected it again and used new password, the iPhone was given a secure connection
      (indicated by the locked lock icon) but again in red reads "No Internet Connection." Clicking IPhone info, the suggestion was to reboot my modem, which I did and then reboot my pc (because doing that 3 times fast in the 90s worked magic) but to no avail.

• Have you tried connecting different device on your Wifi hotspot and check if the issue persists?
      I have tried all the same steps mentioned above with my ipad as well...both, however, have the same ios. The ipad pro did not work either and had same result.

• Have you tried to connect your phone to different Wifi hotspot and check if the issue persists?
      Both ipad and iPhone have used wifi hotspots seamlessly around the world several times with no issues. I run my iPhone hotspot and my ipad pro connects to it as does dell/win10.

I am guessing here, but i think the closest i have come to a resolution was to tinker with my mcafee firewall to try and "allow" my iPhone ipaddress through but I followed steps and it did not work. Plus, that just
    sounds to superuserish to me. However, my windows defender firewall is off and mcafee firewall is on...to complete the scenario.

This is a fairly default setup I have along with thousands of other dell pc's sold with win 10 and mcafee. I am shocked how elusive this setup is.

michael

[mjc], Jul 7, 2020
  4. JadGerges Win User

Windows 10 - Iphone X tethered hotspot not working

Hello all!

I've upgraded my phone recently, from an Iphone 6 to an Iphone X; for some reason using the new one as a tethered (USB) hotspot does not work anymore.

Here is a list of what I have tried so far:

• Updated both Itunes, Windows and the Iphone to the latest update patches
    • Resetting Networks on both windows and the Iphone
    • Restarting both devices
    • Disabling the Windows Firewalls
    • Updating the Antivirus Software (Kaspersky)
    I did try the exact same phone, and the exact same cable, on a Macbook and it worked. My old Iphone 6 used to work on my PC, but it doesn't anymore.

The phone is connecting to Itunes and syncing normally, though it is classified by Windows (on device manager) as "other devices".

I did catch a glimpse of the famous hotspot blue bar (which means hotspot is active) before it disappearing instantly. Iphone not fully working on hotspot :(

Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you!

Modified title from: Mobile Devices / Other Windows mobile devices / Settings / Other/Unknown

JadGerges, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Iphone not fully working on hotspot - Similar Threads - Iphone fully working

2. Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot: Suddenly to connect to my iphone hotspot action is needed open browser and connect. It just opens an MSN page with nothing to do?I’ve been connecting to my hotspots for years prior to this and never had this problem?...
  3. Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot: Suddenly to connect to my iphone hotspot action is needed open browser and connect. It just opens an MSN page with nothing to do?I’ve been connecting to my hotspots for years prior to this and never had this problem?...
  4. Connecting my iphone to my laptop's mobile hotspot is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting my iphone to my laptop's mobile hotspot is not working: Hi There!I enabled Mobile Hotspot on my HP Laptop through Ethernet connection. I can connect my iphone through WiFi but my connection says "No Internet Connection".I tried it also on Lenovo Laptop and it's the same error. My OS is Windows 10 ver 22H2.Please help.Thanks,***...
  5. Connecting my iphone to my laptop's mobile hotspot is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting my iphone to my laptop's mobile hotspot is not working: Hi There!I enabled Mobile Hotspot on my HP Laptop through Ethernet connection. I can connect my iphone through WiFi but my connection says "No Internet Connection".I tried it also on Lenovo Laptop and it's the same error. My OS is Windows 10 ver 22H2.Please help.Thanks,***...
  6. Connecting my iphone to my laptop's mobile hotspot is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Unable to Connect to iPhone Hotspot And lots of troubleshooting didn’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Connect to iPhone Hotspot And lots of troubleshooting didn’t work: Hello Windows Wizards,For the past few months, I have been unable to connect my Windows Surface 3 to any iPhone hotspot. My surface is running the most up-to-date version of Windows 10.Before you offer your magic tricks to me, let me walk you through more details:- this...
  8. Unable to Connect to iPhone Hotspot And lots of troubleshooting didn’t work

Unable to Connect to iPhone Hotspot And lots of troubleshooting didn’t work: Hello Windows Wizards,For the past few months, I have been unable to connect my Windows Surface 3 to any iPhone hotspot. My surface is running the most up-to-date version of Windows 10.Before you offer your magic tricks to me, let me walk you through more details:- this...
  9. Iphone USB Hotspot Created Two Ethernet Profiles and Wifi Hotspot no longer works

Iphone USB Hotspot Created Two Ethernet Profiles and Wifi Hotspot no longer works: I have set up my iphone hotspot to give my laptop wifi wired; however it no longer works through normal wireless hotspot [ATTACH] The bottom Ethernet connection appears when connected; however it doesn't display its connected but the top one does the top Ethernet displays no...
  10. iPhone 8 hotspot

iPhone 8 hotspot: I am having problems my computer does not connect to iPhone 8 hotspot. Does anyone has had the same problem? How to resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/iphone-8-hotspot/43492e8b-c73b-4071-98ed-19f4dafeed63