Windows 10: iphone not importing photos - something went wrong message

Discus and support iphone not importing photos - something went wrong message in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've plugged my phone iphone SE 2020 into my laptop hp as I usually do to import my photos to Windows Photos but keep getting the 'something went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Technologyhatesme1, Jun 18, 2022.

1. iphone not importing photos - something went wrong message

I've plugged my phone iphone SE 2020 into my laptop hp as I usually do to import my photos to Windows Photos but keep getting the 'something went wrong' message. I've clicked try again and unplugged it, locked and re-locked etc to try and get it to work but no joy. After googling i've managed to do a quick scan but all ok. I am ready to chuck my laptop out the window! Please help, I am not very good with technology so any pointers would be greatly appreciated! :

:)

Technologyhatesme1, Jun 18, 2022
  2. Javo Win User

iPhone Photos import to Windows 10 PC not working

I would like to troubleshoot my inability to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. I am an advanced user struggling to find relevant help on the internet since most results are unusable masked adverts for paid third party software.

I want to use it the following way

1. connect iPhone via USB to my Windows 10 PC
    2. open Microsoft "Photos" app
    3. click in the upper right on import > add from the device over USB
    4. select all photos and click import

4th step is where it fails, with no usable message.

• I have set the device as trusted on iPhone
    • I mostly don't see it in My Computer, therefore I cannot just copy
    • I tried uninstalling every driver and iTunes software
    • Despite not being visible in Windows Explorer, iTunes can always access the contents with no issue
    • it has a tiny moments when it starts working, but overall import fails sooner or later and never copies all 3k photos. Mostly MSPhotos don't show any content, just failure message, sometimes it shows it's content and acts as I can select what to import, but as described fails sooner or later
    • iTunes can successfully copy entire phone.

Other attempts
    • I tried multiple free 3rd party SW, all of them either failed or seemed like to be usable only after buying their extended version
    • I tried using iTunes for Syncing the Photos
      • I maybe don't know how to use it, or it is faulty too. But I've set the directory where my Photos should be synced, but sync seems to just backup the phone and creates tiny 'Photo Database file', but no photo actually gets copied onto PC.

3. Audrey_98 Win User
    Photo import from Iphone not working

I am trying to import photos from my iphone into photos but when i try my computer recognizes my phone is connected but then when i select it and press import it says "something went wrong" and tells me to try again and the cycle repeats. Any suggestions?

Audrey_98, Jun 18, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

iphone not importing photos - something went wrong message

iPhone photo import failure. "Something went wrong"

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

As you have mentioned that the Photos app freezes when you try to import pictures, we would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Connect the iPhone to the computer.
    2. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    3. Now, expand Portable Devices, right click on
      iPhone device and select Uninstall device.
    4. Now, click on Action and select
      Scan for hardware changes
      . This will install the drivers.

Once the drivers are installed, try importing the photos.

If the issue persists, we would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

iphone not importing photos - something went wrong message

1. iphone not importing photos - something went wrong message - Similar Threads - iphone importing photos

2. Keep getting "something went wrong" when I try to import photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keep getting "something went wrong" when I try to import photos: The last 4 phones I have had, 3 Android and now an iPhone, have all had the same issues importing photos. The first time I connect it will start without an issue. Then at some point it stops and throws up a message that "something went wrong" Then I try to start again but it...
  3. Keep getting "something went wrong" when I try to import photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting "something went wrong" when I try to import photos: The last 4 phones I have had, 3 Android and now an iPhone, have all had the same issues importing photos. The first time I connect it will start without an issue. Then at some point it stops and throws up a message that "something went wrong" Then I try to start again but it...
  4. Keep getting "something went wrong" when I try to import photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. iphone not importing photos - something went wrong message

iphone not importing photos - something went wrong message: I've plugged my phone iphone SE 2020 into my laptop hp as I usually do to import my photos to Windows Photos but keep getting the 'something went wrong' message. I've clicked try again and unplugged it, locked and re-locked etc to try and get it to work but no joy. After...
  6. iPhone photo import failure. "Something went wrong"

iPhone photo import failure. "Something went wrong": I have followed ALL the help advice I could find, but Windows Photos just fails every time, to import specific Photos and Movie clips into Windows10 from my iPhone SE. I am sick of this and seriously thinking of buying a Mac instead. Clearly Microsoft has no interest in...
  7. Microsoft Photos error message, "Something went wrong. Your files might not have imported."

Microsoft Photos error message, "Something went wrong. Your files might not have imported.": I'm trying to import pictures from a SanDisk to my PC. I keep getting the error message "Something went wrong. Your files might not have imported."...
  8. Photo Import Error 'Something Went Wrong' - Try Again or Close.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Import Error 'Something Went Wrong' - Try Again or Close.: I have problem import the photos from iphone XR. Although I plug in with usb cable and window pops up about what will you do with this iphone, I choose import photo. It says 'Photo Import Error 'Something Went Wrong' - Try Again or Close." I have tried many times and changed...
  9. iPhone photo import failure. "Something went wrong"

iPhone photo import failure. "Something went wrong": On several iPhones I have, I am trying to import 1000's of pictures into Microsoft Photos. I get the "Something went wrong" error. The solution is to unselect the pictures it doesn't like and then the import works fine. How do I determine which one(s) to unselect? Is there a...
  10. 'Something went wrong' Importing from Iphone

'Something went wrong' Importing from Iphone: I have previously imported photos from my phone with no issue, and decided it was about time that that I imported some again. Last night I connected my phone, opened the photos app and began to import the images. I left it to do it's thing and I returned to this message. The...