Windows 10: iPhone photos on iOs.heic

Discus and support iPhone photos on iOs.heic in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some, but only some of the photos cync'd from my iPhone 8 have uploaded to Onedrive as ios.heic files and I cannot open them. When will Microsoft be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulEvansNYorks, Apr 30, 2020.

1. iPhone photos on iOs.heic

Some, but only some of the photos cync'd from my iPhone 8 have uploaded to Onedrive as ios.heic files and I cannot open them. When will Microsoft be updating to accept and open these files, please?

:)

PaulEvansNYorks, Apr 30, 2020
  2. OliviaHu Win User

What's the time frame for Windows 10 adding HEIC format Support for Pictures?

Actually, not all Apple products support this format, only iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7, iPad Pro and iPad 9.7 powered with iOS 11 and A10 chip can take HEIC photos and HEIC can be opened on Macs shipped with macOS High Sierra as of now.

Since this question had been asked for months but without Microsoft's responding, waiting is obviously wasting time. If you mean that you want to
    transfer iPhone HEIC photos to Windows for backup
    and view, you have to make use of the third-party tool at present. Just search them in Google, like HEIC photo transfer tool or HEIC photo viewer.

OliviaHu, Apr 30, 2020
  3. heic photos

Hello and thank you for taking my question. I sell on ebay for a living and I just got a new laptop so I could import my photos faster from my iPhone to my PC via OneDrive and then into my ebay listings. However, my photos did not change from heic to jpeg.
    6 of about 600 changed but they weren't my actual photos that I took on my iPhone. I'm still in the learning phase. Did I miss something? Thanks much!

PS I don't know what OneDrive cloud storage is associate with so I'm not sure which category to choose from the dropdown menu.

* Moved from Education

PatriciaRausch, Apr 30, 2020
  4. LemP Win User

iPhone photos on iOs.heic

HEIC Format Covert for Windows 7

See the following articles:

If you want to keep using HEIC on your iPhone (and there seems to be good reason to do that), you'll need some third-party utility. I don't know which of them have ads and which don't. However,

CopyTrans HEIC for Windows
    seems to be pretty popular and it's free for home users. See, for example,

https://www.howtogeek.com/345504/how-to-open-heic-files-on-windows-or-convert-them-to-jpeg/

Thema:

iPhone photos on iOs.heic

1. iPhone photos on iOs.heic - Similar Threads - iPhone photos iOs

2. HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HEIC photos: Good day!I would like to ask for assistance regarding HEIC photos.I already have the HEIF and HEIV extensions but I still cannot open these HEIC photos.I tried to uninstall then reinstall the extensions but I am still encountering the same issue.HEIF - 1.0.61171.0HEVC -...
  3. HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEIC photos: Good day!I would like to ask for assistance regarding HEIC photos.I already have the HEIF and HEIV extensions but I still cannot open these HEIC photos.I tried to uninstall then reinstall the extensions but I am still encountering the same issue.HEIF - 1.0.61171.0HEVC -...
  4. HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. photos with heic extension synced from iphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos with heic extension synced from iphone.: i installed windows 11 and now my iphone photos are syncing with a .heig. I need them .jpeg format to upload. I am a realtor and this is causing me a serious problem....
  6. photos with heic extension synced from iphone.

photos with heic extension synced from iphone.: i installed windows 11 and now my iphone photos are syncing with a .heig. I need them .jpeg format to upload. I am a realtor and this is causing me a serious problem....
  7. HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HEIC photos: How to view and download codecs on Windows. The computer says I own it but won't download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-photos/da1b3de8-29c2-4717-8577-db94adcb688b
  8. Unable to open iPhone photos HEIC extension on windows 10 machines

Unable to open iPhone photos HEIC extension on windows 10 machines: We are trying to open the HEIC image on enterprise windows 10 machines using inbuilt photo application, it is getting error "Can't open this file". In our enterprise, we do not have an access to Microsoft store to download this software -...
  9. HEIC images from IPhone

HEIC images from IPhone: I installed the HEIF-extension but still i can´t open imagefiles from my IPhone with the .HEIC extention. Can´t see how to uninstall for reinstallation. Is there sombody who can help?...
  10. heic photos

heic photos: Hello and thank you for taking my question. I sell on ebay for a living and I just got a new laptop so I could import my photos faster from my iPhone to my PC via OneDrive and then into my ebay listings. However, my photos did not change from heic to jpeg. 6 of about 600...