Windows 10: Iphone square photo not shown in Pane Preview

Discus and support Iphone square photo not shown in Pane Preview in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Could anyone make that exercise. Take a photo with your iPhone (mine is 5S) in the square format (the regular format works fine). Transfer the photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YannB_74, Mar 31, 2019.

1. YannB_74 Win User

Iphone square photo not shown in Pane Preview

Could anyone make that exercise.

Take a photo with your iPhone (mine is 5S) in the square format (the regular format works fine). Transfer the photo to your PC (mine is operated by Windows 10 Family version 1809). Use the thumbnails options in Explorer. The thumbnail of the photo is ok at first look. Then next show that picture in the Pane Preview. Normally the preview is ok. Click on another file to be shown in the Pane and click again on same photo as before. Then you will not see the picture but a white square.

If you get the same as me it is probable that there is a bug somewhere. It is very surprising that the preview is shown only once and not another time. Why only the square format only ?

I tried many fixes with no success. It is shown once and that's it.

Thanks for input,

yannB_74

:)

YannB_74, Mar 31, 2019

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Eclassbud Win User
    Video in the preview pane

Aileen,

Thank you so much for your reply.

What I really need to know is how get the video to play in the preview pane. Prior to Windows 10, this worked wonderfully and was an asset. Now, it requires making changes to the Windows registry - not recommended due to the enormous amount of issues with
    Windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

Eclassbud, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Iphone square photo not shown in Pane Preview

Video in the preview pane

Hi,

To enable the Preview pane, open File Explorer and follow these steps:

• In the File Explorer window, click the View
      tab.

• In the Panes section, click the Preview Pane button. The Preview pane is added to the right side of the File Explorer window.

• Select several files one by one to preview their contents. You can preview their contents if they are text, images, or videos.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Iphone square photo not shown in Pane Preview

1. Iphone square photo not shown in Pane Preview - Similar Threads - Iphone square photo

2. Not seeing previews in preview pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not seeing previews in preview pane: The preview pane is still not working after I have followed the instructions. The pane shows "Select a file to preview." but when I click on a file, it is still blank.Is being linked to Dropbox possibly creating the problem of still not seeing the previews?...
  3. Not seeing previews in preview pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not seeing previews in preview pane: The preview pane is still not working after I have followed the instructions. The pane shows "Select a file to preview." but when I click on a file, it is still blank.Is being linked to Dropbox possibly creating the problem of still not seeing the previews?...
  4. Not seeing previews in preview pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Preview Pane

Preview Pane: No matter what I choose, the preview pane does not show pictures of the document I have selected. It only says "No preview available" in the preview box. Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane/aeb62ac5-d06a-4d4f-8f37-b50320e89cd0
  6. Preview pane

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preview pane: Another issue is the preview pane on the file explorer. After the update is no longer working. I really don't know what else to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane/8a221a08-c589-478d-b12b-d6610a30458e
  7. Photo Preview Pane Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo Preview Pane Not Working: Where should I start looking to fix my Windows Explorer Photo Preview Pane? Thank you in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-preview-pane-not-working/d036dc0e-a4b5-4c7b-bd08-e4b7cd9726c0
  8. Preview Pane

Preview Pane: Using Windows explorer plus Preview pane is causing files to be locked\read only. Is there a fix for this yet? apart from disabling PP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane/9b6d0ce9-e586-4c31-a667-249e00efaf31"
  9. Preview Pane

Preview Pane: Every time I click on a video file the preview pane continues to display the picture of the first file selected. How do I fix this? Thanks for your help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane/941ab2da-c3c7-4d1a-a6e7-af795f391919"
  10. preview pane

in Windows 10 Support
    preview pane: I can't see .PDFs in Preview pane any more. I can see Word,text and others. 112001