Windows 10: iPod Not Showing in iTunes

Discus and support iPod Not Showing in iTunes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Long story short, my iPod Nano 5th gen has abruptly stopped working in iTunes. I got an error message, then the message saying iTunes can't identify... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlyshiaMudford, May 10, 2020.

1. iPod Not Showing in iTunes

Long story short, my iPod Nano 5th gen has abruptly stopped working in iTunes. I got an error message, then the message saying iTunes can't identify the iPod, and now nothing at all. In addition to that, my entire iPod has been wiped but 5.7GB is still being used as "other" which I believe to be all of my music as that's all I really had on the iPod anyway besides its preset games.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, I've reset my iPod, restarted the computer, checked my USB and am at a total loss. I've looked at what to do when iTunes won't recognize your iPod, followed how to reset it, etc. At this point, I'd love to do an entire factory reset on the thing, but I can't even get access in iTunes to do so.

The main reason I'm asking on here is because now when I plug in my iPod I get asked to choose what to do with memory cards. Is my iPod just straight up not being recognized as an iPod anymore at this point?

:)

AlyshiaMudford, May 10, 2020

2. iPad/iPod not recognized in iTunes/Windows 10

I have an iPad 3 and a 4th Gen iPod, neither of which will show up in iTunes on Windows 10 Anniversary Update. I've tried two different sync cables and 3 different USB ports, and I've re-installed iTunes. Apple Mobile Device Service, Bonjour Service, iPod Service all running, but iTunes does not open automatically when I connect a device.

Both of these devices spend most of their time in very specific roles (iPad sits in a kiosk as a print-release station for a copier, the iPod connects to our PBX via the headphone jack for music on hold — long story there) and only rarely come back to my desk to sync. Both synced without issue about 4 1/2 months ago. I am able to use Windows Explorer to browse the pictures stored on both devices as if they were digital cameras (the iPad prompts me to Allow this first) and they both show up in the "Portable Devices" category in Device Manager with reasonable names.

Any ideas?

Joel Coehoorn, May 10, 2020
  3. farlex85 Win User
    Ipod won't sync with Itunes.

If you have all the songs on a CD then that will do. Try what sneekypeet said first, then if that doesn't work go into itunes and select your ipod. you will see a button called restore. Click on it and it will reformat the ipod. At this point take my selected steps. Also, download this:

http://www.sturm.net.nz/website.php?Section=iPod+Programs&Page=SharePod

I wouldnt own an ipod without it. If it doesn't sync to that program, then you definately gotta restore. But that will also allow you to transfer your music easily so you don't lose anything.*Toast :toast:

farlex85, May 10, 2020
  4. iPod Not Showing in iTunes

iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows

HI THERE,

I HAVE RECENTLY UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10 ON MY NEW LAPTOP.

I HAVE SINCE TRIED TO SYNC MY IPOD WITH ITUNES, BUT ALWAYS GET AN ERROR "AN IPOD HAS BEEN DETECTED, BUT COULD NOT BE IDENTIFIED PROPERLY" WHEN I CONNECT MY IPOD TO MY COMPUTER.

IT ALSO DOESN'T APPEAR UNDER MY DEVICES ON THIS PC APP.

I HAVE THE LATEST ITUNES VERSION, AS WELL AS HAVING FOLLOWED ALL THE ITUNES HELP STEPS REGARDING THIS ERROR, BUT STILL CAN'T SEEM TO CONNECT.

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE?

THANX

MALCOLM

Original title: IPOD WONT SYNC IN WINDOWS 10

malcolmdaubern, May 10, 2020
Thema:

iPod Not Showing in iTunes

1. iPod Not Showing in iTunes - Similar Threads - iPod Showing iTunes

2. Transferring to iPod no iTunes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring to iPod no iTunes: Hello can anyone recommend any software to transfer music to an iPos without using iTunes
  3. Ipod Touch does not show up in the windows version of itunes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ipod Touch does not show up in the windows version of itunes: Hello everybody i have seen a lot of this same question i had the same problem I tried everything i could find and what fixed it was a new usb connection cable i forgot i had a couple of extras and i tried a newer one and it works so try a new USB connection cable that may...
  4. Ipod Touch does not show up in the windows version of itunes

Ipod Touch does not show up in the windows version of itunes: Hello everybody i have seen a lot of this same question i had the same problem I tried everything i could find and what fixed it was a new usb connection cable i forgot i had a couple of extras and i tried a newer one and it works so try a new USB connection cable that may...
  5. Ipod Classic and Itunes withWindows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ipod Classic and Itunes withWindows 11: We just bought a new laptop as our daughter seemed to put our old PC in almost unusable condition, thanks to her online school work.. We use my Ipod Classic 6th Gen extensively as it hooks up to usb ports in the dashboards of our vehicles. Anyway, brand new laptop with...
  6. Ipod Classic and Itunes withWindows 11

Ipod Classic and Itunes withWindows 11: We just bought a new laptop as our daughter seemed to put our old PC in almost unusable condition, thanks to her online school work.. We use my Ipod Classic 6th Gen extensively as it hooks up to usb ports in the dashboards of our vehicles. Anyway, brand new laptop with...
  7. syncing itunes ipod.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    syncing itunes ipod.: Can't connect itunes to ipod. Spoke to applecare and they said it is a windows issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-itunes-ipod/0112c222-261c-482f-a91c-69445654d057
  8. syncing itunes ipod.

syncing itunes ipod.: Can't connect itunes to ipod. Spoke to applecare and they said it is a windows issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-itunes-ipod/0112c222-261c-482f-a91c-69445654d057
  9. syncing itunes ipod.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. iTunes/iPod syncing issues

iTunes/iPod syncing issues: I'm having the same problem that others seem to be having. My problem results when going into iTunes Attributes right-clicking on the iTunes folder in Music and un-checking the read-only attributes box, the un-checking reverts back to "checked" after the folder is closed. I...