Windows 10: iPod Problem

Discus and support iPod Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Split from this thread. <<When I connect my ipod to my computer and open iTunes, it says "This ipod cannot be used because it is not supported on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DH_HD, Oct 7, 2019.

1. DH_HD Win User

iPod Problem

Split from this thread.

<<When I connect my ipod to my computer and open iTunes, it says "This ipod cannot be used because it is not supported on this version of windows". >>

I get the same error message. Windows 10 Home in S mode.

:)

DH_HD, Oct 7, 2019

2. iPod Nano 4th generation

There's a similar thread here in the Community with the same issue, and Community member

LikeRoxyStar
    have shared a solution that worked for. We suggest checking it out by clicking this link.

Just scroll down to the very bottom of the first page of the thread and you will see the steps she did to resolve the issue.

Let us know how it turned out for you.

Joanna 777, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Oct 7, 2019
  4. iPod Problem

Ipod not recognized

Do you have the latest version of iTunes installed?

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers

Do you see the iPod listed there?

Is this a classic iPod or an iPod Touch?

Here is a thread with some troubleshooting steps that might be useful:

Itunes does not recognized ipod classic w… - Apple Community

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

iPod Problem

1. iPod Problem - Similar Threads - iPod Problem

2. Apple iPod Shuffle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apple iPod Shuffle: I am trying to get my iPod to mount on a Windows 10 system. I have read thru and tried many suggestions, but for some reason the driver never seems to load. I have reinstalled iTunes. My iPhone mounts fine. It seems that I just need to find aw way to manually install the...
  3. "This ipod cannot be used because it is not supported on this version of windows"

"This ipod cannot be used because it is not supported on this version of windows": When connecting my iPod nano, I'm getting the message "This ipod cannot be used because it is not supported on this version of windows". Windows 10 Home in S mode. iPod nano 7th generation. iTunes 12.10.0.7. How can I sync titles to my iPod?...
  4. my laptop does not recognize ipod

my laptop does not recognize ipod: bought a brand new ipod touch, laptop will not recognize it when I plug it in with the usb cable, therefore iTunes cant be synced to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-does-not-recognize-ipod/027b3540-053c-4e86-b9b3-f2d6ae00028f
  5. Ipod nano not recognized by computer

Ipod nano not recognized by computer: My computer does not recognize my Ipod nano. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipod-nano-not-recognized-by-computer/176fd446-6f73-45c7-9d04-c8898d41e047
  6. Getting an "iPod Service error on iTunes 10.0.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting an "iPod Service error on iTunes 10.0.: I am trying to install old versions of iTunes so I can downgrade my iPhone 4. (iTunes 10.0) However, when I set it up, halfway through the installation I get an error message "iPod Service failed to start. Make sure you have sufficent privliges." I have tried running it as...
  7. Apple iPod Shuffle

Apple iPod Shuffle: I am trying to get my new Lenovo with Windows 10 to work with a Apple iPod Shuffle 4th Gen. There is no driver installed. I have itunes and icloud running on the unit. It seems the recommendation is to reinstall itunes, but I was wondering is it possible to locate and...
  8. Unable to keep Ipod open

Unable to keep Ipod open: Hey, everyone. I'm trying to transfer my music from my Ipod classic to my new laptop but whenever I connect the Ipod to the PC, it sees the device for maybe 30 seconds to a minute, then disappears and I'm unable to access the Ipod at all, or even see the device on my...
  9. can't connect ipod mp3 player in Windows 10

can't connect ipod mp3 player in Windows 10: I can not connect an ipod mp3 player and update drivers in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-ipod-mp3-player-in-windows-10/e25e5175-1fcd-45ae-ba52-9ae1aa31fc4e
  10. Windows 10 Problem with iPod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Problem with iPod: I used to be able to connect my ipod to itunes in windows 10 on my desktop computer without any problem. Not any more! I've spent at least 10 hours deleting and reloading itunes software--and reading all sorts of possible fixes on the internet...all to no avail. The...