Windows 10: ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access

Discus and support ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I just bought a new computer and it connected to the internet fine. Today, right after an update from Asus Live Update, my internet stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by philness, Sep 16, 2016.

1. philness Win User

ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access

Hello all, I just bought a new computer and it connected to the internet fine. Today, right after an update from Asus Live Update, my internet stopped working. It says the wifi is connected but when I open a browser and search it says no internet. I went into control panel and clicked on the network and it say Ipv4 connected, but then it says ipv6 no network access.
    Also, for some reason I can ping google from the command prompt and windows update works. It's just not letting browse in IE or Chrome.
    All other devices connected to my network are working fine.
    I have no idea what to try at this point, I've checked a ton of other threads and websites but no successful results.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

cheers,
    Phil

:)

philness, Sep 16, 2016

2. Ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access

So I restored it, still not working.

Also I had previously reset my computer when this first happened and it solved the problem for about a day, then stopped working again.

PhilMcShurley5, Sep 16, 2016
  3. Ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access

To restore the computer to the date when it was working fine, you can follow the steps provided on the link that we provided to perform a system restore.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Sep 16, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. Ip6 isn't used so you can disable that check your browser to see if it's set to use a proxy which it shouldn't have failing that it could be firewall or antivirus stopping it. What was the update for?

Samuria, Sep 16, 2016
  5. philness Win User
    Thanks for your prompt reply. I may have just solved my problem, I ended up resetting windows and uninstalled the Asus update app. Everything works fine now, I'm just hoping it'll stay that way. Before resetting I had already tried disabling ipv6, I also disabled my antivirus and The browser was not using a proxy. I still have no idea what the problem was but Internet is working now.

philness, Sep 16, 2016
  6. philness Win User
    So I thought my problem was solved, and then just now my internet stopped working again. Same problem, ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access. Anyone have any suggestions?

philness, Sep 18, 2016
  7. Kbird Win User
    if IPV4 is connected you should still have internet , not every ISP has IPV6 available yet , so that may not mean much.

Did the Asus App update the Bios or something?

KB.

Kbird, Sep 19, 2016
  8. Samuria Win User

Disable ipv6 set dns to open dns same as win7 Use OpenDNS does edge work? Open a cmd prompt type
    ipconfig /all post results can you try with a cable see if that works

Samuria, Sep 19, 2016
  9. philness Win User
    I thought that as well, it doesn't make sense to me why its not letting me browse. I can ping my gateway IP and google from the terminal but as soon as I open a webpage it says it cant reach the site and "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET"
    Also on the taskbar when I put the cursor over the wifi icon it says internet access so I don't know whats going on.
    I entered ipconfig/all into the terminal and one thing I noticed is that the Wireless Lan adapter local area connection says "media state....media disconnected" don't know whether that means anything or not.

Thanks for your reply

Phil

philness, Sep 19, 2016
  10. Kbird Win User
    Try Ethernet if the Laptop has one

reinstall Wifi Drivers too maybe ASUS app or your reset screwed something up ?

Uninstall ASUS App and check yourself manually from now on instead.

KB

Kbird, Sep 19, 2016
  11. philness Win User
    Tried all of above, no success.
    ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access [​IMG]

philness, Sep 19, 2016
  12. philness Win User
    After I reset windows the first thing I did was uninstall ASUS app. Internet was working fine after that until today.
    I've tried updating drivers and reinstalling drivers no success

philness, Sep 19, 2016
  13. Samuria Win User

There is nothing wrong with the network you get the correct ip range and if ou can ping your getting out ok. Leave ipv6 disabled and open dns ipv6 isnt used anyway and open dns is faster and safer.

So you problem is with the browser did you try ms edge? check again there is no proxy set in any browser it could be firewall which are you using?

Samuria, Sep 19, 2016
  14. Kbird Win User
    The disconnected Wifi is not a "Real Wifi" adaptor , it is what VM's use if you run them....so no worries there....

the DNS Server is your own Router , ie 192.168.1.1 ...............point it at your ISP's DNS Server or if needed to Google's @ 8.8.8.8 .

Have a look on your Router's Config Pages , and see what is says

Kbird, Sep 19, 2016
  15. philness Win User
    Edge doesn't work either, doesn't work when firewall is disabled and neither browser is using a proxy....

philness, Sep 19, 2016
Thema:

1. ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access - Similar Threads - ipv4 connected ipv6

2. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected: No connection to Internet, no connection icon appeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connectivity-ipv4ipv6-disconnected/275ba775-dfca-4721-9d5a-671d3773d4b7
  3. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected: No connection to Internet, no connection icon appeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connectivity-ipv4ipv6-disconnected/275ba775-dfca-4721-9d5a-671d3773d4b7
  4. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected: Name: EthernetDescription: Realtek PCIe GbE Family ControllerPhysical address MAC: 9c:7b:ef:20:8e:79Status: Not operationalMaximum transmission unit: 1500IPv4 address: 169.254.172.34/16IPv6 address: fe80::7899:cb42:47f:280a%8/64DNS servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1,...
  5. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected: Name: EthernetDescription: Realtek PCIe GbE Family ControllerPhysical address MAC: 9c:7b:ef:20:8e:79Status: Not operationalMaximum transmission unit: 1500IPv4 address: 169.254.172.34/16IPv6 address: fe80::7899:cb42:47f:280a%8/64DNS servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1,...
  6. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. IPv6 connectivity is dropping but not IPv4

IPv6 connectivity is dropping but not IPv4: I work with many open SSH sessions at least six using tmux. After a few hours, the sessions to IPv6 addresses are dropping. The ones to IPv4 are not. I am able to confirm that I have lost all IPv6 connectivity using the site https://test-ipv6.com/ Using ipConfig, I see...
  8. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected: when i look at my network properties it says this: Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected. What does mean? ***Original Title: when i look at my network properties it says this: Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected. What does mean?***...
  9. No network access for ipv4 but internet for ipv6.

No network access for ipv4 but internet for ipv6.: Can anyone help? I've tried many solutions already from resetting, unistalling, flushdns, renew ipconfig but none of them works. Wifi seems to be working fine but when it comes to using the cable it becomes a problem. I can connect to the internet but it has limited...
  10. IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?

IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?: Hi, I did a clean install of my Win10 Home about a week ago and it all turned out for the good. However, tonight while nosing around my Network Connections I notice I am connected to the Internet by Ethernet (Realtek PCle GBF Family Controller) which I thought I was since...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connected to wifi but ipv 6 & ipv6 no internet access