Windows 10: ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access

Discus and support ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; the DNS Server is your own Router , ie 192.168.1.1 ...............point it at your ISP's DNS Server or if needed to Google's @ 8.8.8.8 . Have a look... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by philness, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Kbird Win User

ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access

the DNS Server is your own Router , ie 192.168.1.1 ...............point it at your ISP's DNS Server or if needed to Google's @ 8.8.8.8 .

Have a look on your Router's Config/Status Pages , and see what is says

Kbird, Sep 19, 2016
  2. philness Win User

tried different dns still no luck...

philness, Sep 19, 2016
  3. Kbird Win User
    Did you restart router and computer ?

KB

Kbird, Sep 19, 2016
  4. philness Win User

I restarted my laptop, my roommate is using the wifi right now....I'll have to try restarting the router later
    There are 4 other devices running off the same wifi and they're all working fine

philness, Sep 19, 2016
  5. Kbird Win User
    Did you set the DNS on the Router or your Own computer ? you shouldn't need to set on your own computer's DNS, DHCP should set that automatically, when it gives your Comp. an IP number

If you are trying to force it for some reason , try setting your' computer's to the same as seen on your Router's Status Page , as seen under WAN Status on mine at least.

If your Room-mate is Ok then i guess it is your lappy only with the issue.... good info to have.....

KB

Kbird, Sep 19, 2016
  6. philness Win User
    I set it from my computer, I didn't try the router because I figured if another computer is working on the same network its the laptop that's the problem. Is that correct?

philness, Sep 19, 2016
  7. Kbird Win User
    shouldn't need to set own DNS

Sounds right-your laptop only ......... is no program working , ie IE11,EDGE,Chrome ,Email Client or just one App.?

Antivirus isn't blocking Inet is it? have seen that for some....

IS your Router the ISP's Router? , or are you Bridging off the ISP's Router , with your Own?

Kbird, Sep 19, 2016
  8. philness Win User

Edge, Chrome, windows apps, none of that is working
    I removed my antivirus
    router is original from ISP

philness, Sep 19, 2016
  9. Kbird Win User
    did you sign into your Router and see what the DNS is ?

Your DNS should be set to Obtain automatically under IPV4

Hopefully your Roommate isn't blocking you on the Router just for fun *Smile or set the Parent Controls *Smile

if so do your Homework and try again later *Smile

JJ,

KB

Kbird, Sep 19, 2016
  10. philness Win User
    Haha nope that's not the problem, I wish it was that easy though *Smile

and yes my dns is set to obtain automatically

philness, Sep 19, 2016
  11. Kbird Win User
    The DNS on the Router should be "Obtained Automatically" too assuming your ISP is using DHCP and you don't have a Static IP

The DNS Number should be the ISP's DNS Server not your Router's Gateway IP ie 192.168.1.1 but might be worth checking with the ISP it is setup correctly and also asking Roommate if they had to do anything to get online ....perhaps compare settings etc?

I assume this is not your issue as it was on another post here a few days ago?

Copyright Alert Program

KB.

Kbird, Sep 19, 2016
  12. philness Win User
    Yep the DNS on router is set to obtain automatically,
    I'm using my roommates windows 10 laptop right now in order write this so no problem there.

Also just now I logged onto my computer and I had new updates from my mail app, so I tested it out and sent an email to my google account and it worked. also windows update is working now too, but both browsers are refusing to connect, I'm obviously getting internet but I just cant browse... I have no clue whats going on *Mad

philness, Sep 19, 2016
  13. Kbird Win User

normally if I do a ipconfig /all the DNS Entries match the one on My Router's WAN Page , it is not pointing at the Default Gateway IP LAN Address

ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access [​IMG]

per the link above , this was his issue and he too could not google etc either , turned out his Room-mate was downloading illegally, and they were blocked, may not be your issue of course....

Solved - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

KB

Kbird, Sep 19, 2016
  14. philness Win User
    Alright, when I do ipconfig/all this is what the servers looks like:

this is what my router settings look like:

Does that look correct?

I highly doubt we're being blocked because like I said we have 4 other devices all working perfectly, including my roommates win 10 laptop...

philness, Sep 19, 2016
  15. Kbird Win User
    I can't see what the Router is using but someone has tried using Google's two free DNS servers (under "use these") ie 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 at some point.

under lan settings try specifying the ISP's DNS no#'s instead of whatever is there , if it is not them already? .....or use the Gateway's IP no# above ie 96.x.x.1 , this works for me but your situation maybe different as I use an AC Router off my ISP's one as it only does 2.4ghz.

KB.

Kbird, Sep 20, 2016
Thema:

1. ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access - Similar Threads - ipv4 connected ipv6

2. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected: No connection to Internet, no connection icon appeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connectivity-ipv4ipv6-disconnected/275ba775-dfca-4721-9d5a-671d3773d4b7
  3. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected: No connection to Internet, no connection icon appeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connectivity-ipv4ipv6-disconnected/275ba775-dfca-4721-9d5a-671d3773d4b7
  4. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected: Name: EthernetDescription: Realtek PCIe GbE Family ControllerPhysical address MAC: 9c:7b:ef:20:8e:79Status: Not operationalMaximum transmission unit: 1500IPv4 address: 169.254.172.34/16IPv6 address: fe80::7899:cb42:47f:280a%8/64DNS servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1,...
  5. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected: Name: EthernetDescription: Realtek PCIe GbE Family ControllerPhysical address MAC: 9c:7b:ef:20:8e:79Status: Not operationalMaximum transmission unit: 1500IPv4 address: 169.254.172.34/16IPv6 address: fe80::7899:cb42:47f:280a%8/64DNS servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1,...
  6. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. IPv6 connectivity is dropping but not IPv4

IPv6 connectivity is dropping but not IPv4: I work with many open SSH sessions at least six using tmux. After a few hours, the sessions to IPv6 addresses are dropping. The ones to IPv4 are not. I am able to confirm that I have lost all IPv6 connectivity using the site https://test-ipv6.com/ Using ipConfig, I see...
  8. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected: when i look at my network properties it says this: Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected. What does mean? ***Original Title: when i look at my network properties it says this: Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected. What does mean?***...
  9. No network access for ipv4 but internet for ipv6.

No network access for ipv4 but internet for ipv6.: Can anyone help? I've tried many solutions already from resetting, unistalling, flushdns, renew ipconfig but none of them works. Wifi seems to be working fine but when it comes to using the cable it becomes a problem. I can connect to the internet but it has limited...
  10. IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?

IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?: Hi, I did a clean install of my Win10 Home about a week ago and it all turned out for the good. However, tonight while nosing around my Network Connections I notice I am connected to the Internet by Ethernet (Realtek PCle GBF Family Controller) which I thought I was since...