Windows 10: IPv4, IPv6 status no internet on wifi

Discus and support IPv4, IPv6 status no internet on wifi in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This problem started 1 Jan, normal operation prior. When connected to internet via wifi, connection is made and google chrome operates normally.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zoomie76, Jan 6, 2022.

1. zoomie76 Win User

IPv4, IPv6 status no internet on wifi

This problem started 1 Jan, normal operation prior. When connected to internet via wifi, connection is made and google chrome operates normally. Microsoft Outlook app will not connect and update. Message is that there is no internet connectivity.Network trouble shooter and status reflects that IPv4, IPv6 status, no internet. This is not the case, yet I think this status setting is preventing outlook from updating . Outlook works fine in the browser, but cannot use multiple accounts. Additionally, non outlook accounts will update through the Outlook app, ie gmailSuggestions on what is up with m

:)

zoomie76, Jan 6, 2022

2. Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally this Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected, means that the devices in not in use or not connected and it could be any device for example, Ethernet, WIFI, Bluetooth or Local Area Connection.

If you are using WI-FI for internet connection then Ethernet will show Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected.

In order to understand the issue and assist you accordingly, we need some information

• What is your network setup?
    • Are you seeing any errors?
    • Where you are seeing this information?

Meanwhile, try the troubleshooting steps referred in this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows
    and check if it works.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 6, 2022
  3. IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?

Hi,

I did a clean install of my Win10 Home about a week ago and it all turned out for the good. However, tonight while nosing around my Network Connections I notice I am connected to the Internet by Ethernet (Realtek PCle GBF Family Controller) which I thought I was since I had a cable from my Windstream Router to my PC.

When I would click on 'Status of this Connection' (Ethernet) I saw that under Connection there was listed:

IPv4 Connectivity: Internet
    IPv6 Connectivity: No Network Access

I always thought that both of them should say 'Internet'. Am I right or wrong?

Also, while looking at the Network Connections I see 'WiFi' (Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n Wifi adapter) is also listed. It says 'not connected'. It shows a 'Red' X on it along with five green 'Bars'.

Should the WiFi connection be displayed that way?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Jan 6, 2022
  4. btarunr Win User

World IPv6 Launch Solidifies Global Support for New Internet Protocol

Major Internet service providers (ISPs), home networking equipment manufacturers, and web companies around the world are coming together to permanently enable IPv6 for their products and services by 6 June 2012.

Organized by the Internet Society, and building on the successful one-day World IPv6 Day event held on 8 June 2011, World IPv6 Launch represents a major milestone in the global deployment of IPv6. As the successor to the current Internet Protocol, IPv4, IPv6 is critical to the Internet’s continued growth as a platform for innovation and economic development.

IPv4, IPv6 status no internet on wifi 169a_thm.jpg

“The fact that leading companies across several industries are making significant commitments to participate in World IPv6 Launch is yet another indication that IPv6 is no longer a lab experiment; it's here and is an important next step in the Internet’s evolution,” commented Leslie Daigle, the Internet Society’s Chief Internet Technology Officer. “And, as there are more IPv6 services, it becomes increasingly important for companies to accelerate their own deployment plans.”

ISPs participating in World IPv6 Launch will enable IPv6 for enough users so that at least 1% of their wireline residential subscribers who visit participating websites will do so using IPv6 by 6 June 2012. These ISPs have committed that IPv6 will be available automatically as the normal course of business for a significant portion of their subscribers. Committed ISPs are:
    • AT&T
    • Comcast
    • Free Telecom
    • Internode
    • KDDI
    • Time Warner Cable
    • XS4ALL
    Participating home networking equipment manufacturers will enable IPv6 by default through the range of their home router products by 6 June 2012. Committed equipment manufacturers are:
    • Cisco
    • D-Link
    Web companies participating in World IPv6 Launch will enable IPv6 on their main websites permanently beginning 6 June 2012. Inaugural participants are:
    • Facebook
    • Google
    • Microsoft Bing
    • Yahoo!
    Content delivery network providers Akamai and Limelight will be enabling their customers to join this list of participating websites by enabling IPv6 throughout their infrastructure.
    As IPv4 addresses become increasingly scarce, every segment of the industry must act quickly to accelerate full IPv6 adoption or risk increased costs and limited functionality online for Internet users everywhere. World IPv6 Launch participants are leading the way in this effort.

For more information about World IPv6 Launch, products and services covered, as well as links to useful information for users and information about how other companies may participate, visit World IPv6 Launch.

About the need for IPv6
    IPv4 has approximately four billion IP addresses (the sequence of numbers assigned to each Internet-connected device). The explosion in the number of people, devices, and web services on the Internet means that IPv4 is running out of space. IPv6, the next-generation Internet protocol which provides more than 340 trillion, trillion, trillion addresses, will connect the billions of people not connected today and will help ensure the Internet can continue its current growth rate indefinitely.

About the Internet Society
    The Internet Society is the world’s trusted independent source of leadership for Internet policy, technology standards and future development. Based on its principled vision and substantial technological foundation, the Internet Society works with its members and Chapters around the world to promote the continued evolution and growth of the open Internet through dialog among companies, governments, and other organizations around the world. For more information, see InternetSociety.org.

btarunr, Jan 6, 2022
Thema:

1. IPv4, IPv6 status no internet on wifi - Similar Threads - IPv4 IPv6 status

2. My Wifi Status IPv4 Connectivity as No Network Status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Wifi Status IPv4 Connectivity as No Network Status: Last night, my laptop could not seem to connect to the internet using our main wifi router. We have two - which is our main router and an extender. My laptop can connect to the extender without any problem, but can’t do the same for the 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands of the main...
  3. IPv4, IPv6 status no internet on wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IPv4, IPv6 status no internet on wifi: This problem started 1 Jan, normal operation prior. When connected to internet via wifi, connection is made and google chrome operates normally. Microsoft Outlook app will not connect and update. Message is that there is no internet connectivity.Network trouble shooter and...
  4. IPv4, IPv6 status no internet on wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IPv4, IPv6 status no internet on wifi: This problem started 1 Jan, normal operation prior. When connected to internet via wifi, connection is made and google chrome operates normally. Microsoft Outlook app will not connect and update. Message is that there is no internet connectivity.Network trouble shooter and...
  5. IPV6 access via WIFI but no IPV4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IPV6 access via WIFI but no IPV4: Hello, I am having trouble with my desktop PC accessing IPV4 websites. It can access IPV6 sites and I can't work out what the problem is. One day it worked. Next it didn't. I have searched the forum and found similar issues but nothing seems to work! I have tried: -...
  6. My WIFI says ipv4 and ipv6 not connected

My WIFI says ipv4 and ipv6 not connected: Hello, I have a problem, After changing router also name and password I got some problems. WIFI is working perfect on my phone or laptop or TV but on my PC wifi is not woking on windows office 365,microsoft edge...but it is only working in google chrome idk how. I...
  7. Ipv4/ipv6

Ipv4/ipv6: My Wifi was not working on my pc but it was every where else so I used the Network Reset feature which was reccomended to me by the trouble shoot guide and now there are loads of issues. First when i go to the wifi tab in the bottom right it doesn’t say anything except...
  8. IPv4 Not connecting to internet, IPv6 fine (Ethernet off of WiFi Extender)

IPv4 Not connecting to internet, IPv6 fine (Ethernet off of WiFi Extender): Hello, I came home from a trip yesterday and noticed I cannot play any of my games and can't access sites such as Hulu. My computer is telling me my IPv4 Is not connecting to the internet. I called XFinity and they hung up on me as almost a "Good Luck" Gesture. I tried...
  9. No network access for ipv4 but internet for ipv6.

No network access for ipv4 but internet for ipv6.: Can anyone help? I've tried many solutions already from resetting, unistalling, flushdns, renew ipconfig but none of them works. Wifi seems to be working fine but when it comes to using the cable it becomes a problem. I can connect to the internet but it has limited...
  10. IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?

IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?: Hi, I did a clean install of my Win10 Home about a week ago and it all turned out for the good. However, tonight while nosing around my Network Connections I notice I am connected to the Internet by Ethernet (Realtek PCle GBF Family Controller) which I thought I was since...