Windows 10: IPv4 only Web pages loading problem - IPv6 are OK

Discus and support IPv4 only Web pages loading problem - IPv6 are OK in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My friend has Windows 10 notebook and has problems with pages that are IPv4 only. I tried ping and it translates addresses well - v4 or v6. But v4 has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by d3im, Oct 8, 2020.

1. d3im Win User

IPv4 only Web pages loading problem - IPv6 are OK

My friend has Windows 10 notebook and has problems with pages that are IPv4 only. I tried ping and it translates addresses well - v4 or v6. But v4 has problems with ping timeout - IPv6 are OK. Pages (v4) doesn't load but after a while they loads. Notebook gets both addresses (v4+v6).
    Android phones works well without this problems.
    I tried my linux notebook and there are no problems as well.

Friend's NB loads that pages on another WiFi well (I don't know if it gets IPv6 address there)

Thanks for any help ;-)

(I didn't note his Windows 10 version, but will on next visit - should be Win 10 Home )

:)

d3im, Oct 8, 2020

2. Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally this Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected, means that the devices in not in use or not connected and it could be any device for example, Ethernet, WIFI, Bluetooth or Local Area Connection.

If you are using WI-FI for internet connection then Ethernet will show Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected.

In order to understand the issue and assist you accordingly, we need some information

• What is your network setup?
    • Are you seeing any errors?
    • Where you are seeing this information?

Meanwhile, try the troubleshooting steps referred in this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows
    and check if it works.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 8, 2020
  3. bro67 Win User
    IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?

That is because IPv6 is not used outside of the gateway. Only Homegroup uses it. If you want to use Dual Stack, which uses both IPv4 and IPv6, you would need a router capable of it. Any IPv4 traffic that passes outside the gateway and may direct from your ISP to a server that uses IPv6, it will do so with 6:4. All IPv4 packets are encapsulated in a IPv6 packet and appear to be transparent when they reach the router on the other end, that just sees the IPv6 packet until it gets past the Gateway to be routed to the server, which can be using only IPv4, so it would get a IPv4 packet after the Gateway removes the Encapsulating. It does the reverse when the packet goes back out and gets sent back to you.

You can check your outside the Gateway IPv6 status at IPv6 test - IPv6/4 connectivity and speed test

Depending on your web browser, it may come back and state that DNS fallback failed which is normal. DNS6 + IP6 should also show failed. Everything else should show Green.

The biggest problem right now is that IPv6 still has a lot of security problems with it, so that is why it is still sitting in a test mode. We may never see it become the norm, since there are still more than enough IPv4 addresses available between ISP's and the Backbones. The media hype by the likes of Cisco, etc. is to sell their Dual Stack gear more than anything.

bro67, Oct 8, 2020
  4. philness Win User

ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access

So I thought my problem was solved, and then just now my internet stopped working again. Same problem, ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access. Anyone have any suggestions?

philness, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

1. IPv4 only Web pages loading problem - IPv6 are OK - Similar Threads - IPv4 Web pages

2. web pages not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    web pages not loading: My web pages are not loading. I tried on Chrome and then Edge.It was working this morning.I have cleared browser, cookies. etc. It made no difference.Any other suggestion? Thank you...
  3. ipv6 connectivity is fine while ipv4 is not only ipv6 websites load I have a valid answer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ipv6 connectivity is fine while ipv4 is not only ipv6 websites load I have a valid answer...: Many users, many locked threads, not many solutions to this issue.Running SFC /Scannow fixed an issue with IPV6 connection so that at least servers using ipv6 would load websites.Wifi network would show connected with internet but also show "identifying". under CMD ipconfig...
  4. ipv6 connectivity is fine while ipv4 is not only ipv6 websites load I have a valid answer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ipv6 connectivity is fine while ipv4 is not only ipv6 websites load I have a valid answer...: Many users, many locked threads, not many solutions to this issue.Running SFC /Scannow fixed an issue with IPV6 connection so that at least servers using ipv6 would load websites.Wifi network would show connected with internet but also show "identifying". under CMD ipconfig...
  5. ipv6 connectivity is fine while ipv4 is not only ipv6 websites load I have a valid answer...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Ipv4/ipv6

Ipv4/ipv6: My Wifi was not working on my pc but it was every where else so I used the Network Reset feature which was reccomended to me by the trouble shoot guide and now there are loads of issues. First when i go to the wifi tab in the bottom right it doesn’t say anything except...
  7. ipv4/ipv6 disconnected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ipv4/ipv6 disconnected: i have a hp stream laptop and after a update it wont connect to any wireless network and i have tried everything, even factory reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipv4ipv6-disconnected/fa296f44-81e8-443d-95c9-84380c06412a
  8. web page loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web page loading: All of a sudden my web pages are loading very slow or not at all. Not that computer savy to figure it out myself. Any help will be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-page-loading/6d8bfdef-3f29-471e-9247-86e399dd1595
  9. Web pages not loading

in Browsers and Email
    Web pages not loading: Hi Some websites will not load on either Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Vivaldi. I have cleared the history and cache Tried both OpenDNS & Google DNS Full scan with Bitdefender AV, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware & Spybot Search & Destroy: nothing found Turned firewall off...
  10. IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?

IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?: Hi, I did a clean install of my Win10 Home about a week ago and it all turned out for the good. However, tonight while nosing around my Network Connections I notice I am connected to the Internet by Ethernet (Realtek PCle GBF Family Controller) which I thought I was since...