Windows 10: IPv4 Subnetting

Discus and support IPv4 Subnetting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; According to recent data, I gather that host addresses of all zeros defines a subnet, all ones defines a broadcast address, the first host address is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HomeFrontGuRu, Aug 20, 2021.

1. IPv4 Subnetting

According to recent data, I gather that host addresses of all zeros defines a subnet, all ones defines a broadcast address, the first host address is access to the LAN information, and host address 2 through broadcast address minus one are available for link-layer hosts assignment. For the purposes of Class C Privet ISP address assignments, if I further subdivide my network, do these rules still hold true, i.e. a chance from /24 255.255.255.0 mask to /27 255.255.255.224 I'm assuming that the now 5 zero host bits define the routing parameters, a host address of 0 0001 will get me to the routin

:)

HomeFrontGuRu, Aug 20, 2021

2. IPv4 adress problem.

Hi,

I noticed last year that I could not play any of the LAN games and thats couse my IPv4 adress was diffrent than the rest of them connected to the same router.

My

IPv4: 93.103.189.0

Subnet mask : 255.255.0.0

While all the other pcs are running on

IPv4: 193.168.54.0

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

How do I change my IPv4 adress? I tried manualy doing it in networkcard advanced options but after I entered my IPv4, Subnet mask and default gateway it said "unknown network" and I was left with no internet connection. After that I set options to automaticly
    get the IPv4 back and it changed it back to 93.103.189.0. So I'm looking for help on how to change IPv4 from 93.103.189.0 to 193.168.54.0

AljažLukman, Aug 20, 2021
  3. Shyska Win User
    Web Address System Faces Changes; We Will Run Out of IPv4 Domains by 2011

He's talking about ipv4 addresses (ipv4 adress example might be 213.162.1.15), probalby they have /27 subnet assigned to them, in every subnet there is first and last unusable address that means 2^(32-27)-2=32-2=30, they use only some of these addresses for actual servers, others are free aka not-used *Smile IPv4 Subnetting :)

Shyska, Aug 20, 2021
  4. Kursah Win User

IPv4 Subnetting

Easiest best explanation on subnetting

Do the work and put in the time on subnetting and CIDR, you'll thank yourself later. Really I see many common subnet ranges, /16, /22, /23, /24, /29, /30 and /32. To visualize how that correlates with available addresses, check this link for a cheat sheet that can be used as a reference for class-C subnets and to check your work. There's a method to the madness and a pattern but it isn't easy to remember unless you work with it often. It also depends on if you're focus will be IPv4 (likely) or IPv6 (probably later on) for how addresses are managed. But assuming you'll primarily be focusing on IPv4, get familiar with class A, B and C LAN ranges, how to ID private vs. public IP scopes, understand the terms and functions of Subnet, Supernet, Subnet Mask, Supernet and APIPA.

Good for you for getting back into it, but I'll be the first to admit there is no "easy" way to get back into subnetting. You want to learn it, then build a lab at home and start screwing around. Are you going through a CCNA course? If so, you can use the Cisco PacketTracer software to create and provision a network and do different subnets.

I try to not use calculators as often unless we're in a time critical situation and my brain is failing me, but I worked extra hard in the CCNA 2nd semester course which in my version of the course was heavily focused on CIDR for half of it. The workbooks and hours I spent have really helped me to understand and lay out nice clean networks.

If you take any future certifications, Network +, CCNA, MCSA, etc...you'll need to understand subnetting and work it out in your head or using a scratch sheet of paper, so knowing the pattern and a way to remember it is critical.

I also dig Eli the Computer Guy, so his video on TCP/IP and subnet.

Don't feel bad asking for help, part of going to college is learning how to find help outside of the classroom. Learning how to use search resources, how to ask for help, etc. If you have trouble searching for help, I suggest taking an elective course on that topic, most colleges provide good courses for that very thing. We're here to help, and hopefully show you a path to helping yourself better as well!

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 20, 2021
Thema:

IPv4 Subnetting

1. IPv4 Subnetting - Similar Threads - IPv4 Subnetting

2. users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network: users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network. We don't use IPv6, users can connect to our network via a VPN but with that network connection, if IPv6 is enabled they cannot see or access any network resources. Once it's disabled they...
  3. users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network: users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network. We don't use IPv6, users can connect to our network via a VPN but with that network connection, if IPv6 is enabled they cannot see or access any network resources. Once it's disabled they...
  4. users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to fix this disconnected IPv4/IPv6.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix this disconnected IPv4/IPv6.: Name: Ethernet Description: Realtek Gaming GbE Family Controller Physical address MAC: d8:5e:d3:a0:04:00 Status: Operational Maximum transmission unit: 1500 IPv4 address: 192.168.10.100/24 Default gateway: 192.168.10.14 DNS servers: 192.168.10.14 Connectivity IPv4/IPv6:...
  6. How to fix this disconnected IPv4/IPv6.

How to fix this disconnected IPv4/IPv6.: Name: Ethernet Description: Realtek Gaming GbE Family Controller Physical address MAC: d8:5e:d3:a0:04:00 Status: Operational Maximum transmission unit: 1500 IPv4 address: 192.168.10.100/24 Default gateway: 192.168.10.14 DNS servers: 192.168.10.14 Connectivity IPv4/IPv6:...
  7. How to fix this disconnected IPv4/IPv6.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. BSOD - Unexpected Store exception, Critical Process Died, Start PXE over IPv4 AND Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Unexpected Store exception, Critical Process Died, Start PXE over IPv4 AND Kernel-Power: Hi Everyone,I feel like I did almost EVERYTHING in the book to fix all these Blue Screen messages that pop up like crazy. For starters, this incident occurred on December 15th. I don't recall installing anything new or downloading conflicting files or programs. So, I restart...
  9. BSOD - Unexpected Store exception, Critical Process Died, Start PXE over IPv4 AND Kernel-Power

BSOD - Unexpected Store exception, Critical Process Died, Start PXE over IPv4 AND Kernel-Power: Hi Everyone,I feel like I did almost EVERYTHING in the book to fix all these Blue Screen messages that pop up like crazy. For starters, this incident occurred on December 15th. I don't recall installing anything new or downloading conflicting files or programs. So, I restart...
  10. Strange IPv4 subnet mask for network connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange IPv4 subnet mask for network connection: My default gateway is 192.168.1.1 (FIOS). I am running some Windows 2012R2 servers under Hyper-V. When I set up the servers, I *believe* the Hyper-V Manager also added a network configuration for the VMs. The VM IP addresses are 172.18.x.x and the subnet mask is 255.255.0.0....