Windows 10: ipv6 is not working but ipv4 is working

Discus and support ipv6 is not working but ipv4 is working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to check again and again but it is showing me this try running Windows Network Diagnostics.DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by no one_12, May 10, 2023.

1. no one_12 Win User

ipv6 is not working but ipv4 is working

I tried to check again and again but it is showing me this try running Windows Network Diagnostics.DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

:)

no one_12, May 10, 2023
  2. gabgab Win User

Prefer ipv4 over ipv6

hi,

I want to set ipv4 to be preferred over ipv6, the other day i've used the tips from this Ping returns IPv6 Address, ping IPv4 in Command Prompt - TheITBros on my 2 windows10 computers and everything worked out great!

Now, i just did a win10 update and i noticed that that no longer works even by doing the very same "command" and it kinda gets ignored. Did they just remove the functionality?

This is what i get from netsh interface ipv6 show prefixpolicies (i don't get the longer list anymore but just these):

ipv6 is not working but ipv4 is working 353233d1638012452t-prefer-ipv4-over-ipv6-image.png

So it seems to be preferring ipv4, yet when i ping my site (available on both ipv4 and ipv6), i get output with ipv6, same as google.com - the other day it was working nicely to ipv4 and i only used these 2 commands they suggested:

netsh interface ipv6 set prefix ::/96 60 3

netsh interface ipv6 set prefix ::ffff:0:0/96 55 4

what's going on? I don't want to disable it completely (i know i can disable it from the router or from the network card properties, i just want to de-prioritise it)

[Version 10.0.19044.1387]

thank you,
    Gabrio

- - - Updated - - -

might have answered myself, i've added

netsh interface ipv6 add prefixpolicy ::/0 40 1

and it did the trick... i wonder if it will stick now ipv6 is not working but ipv4 is working :)

gabgab, May 10, 2023
  3. Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally this Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected, means that the devices in not in use or not connected and it could be any device for example, Ethernet, WIFI, Bluetooth or Local Area Connection.

If you are using WI-FI for internet connection then Ethernet will show Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected.

In order to understand the issue and assist you accordingly, we need some information

• What is your network setup?
    • Are you seeing any errors?
    • Where you are seeing this information?

Meanwhile, try the troubleshooting steps referred in this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows
    and check if it works.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 10, 2023
  4. Mb03 Win User

IPv4 and ipv6 don’t work

My internet isn’t working properly. Ipv4 doesn’t work and ipv6 does. Then once I reset ipv4 in command prompt I reset my computer and then ipv6 doesn’t work and ipv4 does. I do the same thing to ipv6 and the same thing happens to ipv4. I have done lots of
    things such as resetting my gateway, resetting my router, using different ethernet cables, and using lots of things in cmd to reset the connection. Here is my results from resetting ipv4 and these are the same results when I try to reset ipv6.

Thema:

1. ipv6 is not working but ipv4 is working - Similar Threads - ipv6 working ipv4

2. no wireless ipv4 connectivity, but ipv6 is fine, and previous answers are not working...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no wireless ipv4 connectivity, but ipv6 is fine, and previous answers are not working...: This seems to be a reasonably common problem, based on the number of times it has appeared on this site.For me, it just started out of the blue. I am not aware of any updates, or any new software installed. It initially presented as two problems:My original wifi adapter name...
  3. no wireless ipv4 connectivity, but ipv6 is fine, and previous answers are not working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no wireless ipv4 connectivity, but ipv6 is fine, and previous answers are not working...: This seems to be a reasonably common problem, based on the number of times it has appeared on this site.For me, it just started out of the blue. I am not aware of any updates, or any new software installed. It initially presented as two problems:My original wifi adapter name...
  4. ipv6 is not working but ipv4 is working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ipv6 is not working but ipv4 is working: I tried to check again and again but it is showing me this try running Windows Network Diagnostics.DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipv6-is-not-working-but-ipv4-is-working/f677f505-fc5d-4967-a3c3-832a9021351f
  5. ipv6 is not working but ipv4 is working

in Windows 10 Customization
    ipv6 is not working but ipv4 is working: I tried to check again and again but it is showing me this try running Windows Network Diagnostics.DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipv6-is-not-working-but-ipv4-is-working/f677f505-fc5d-4967-a3c3-832a9021351f
  6. IPV4 and IPV6 errors any concern of fix in the works?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IPV4 and IPV6 errors any concern of fix in the works?: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Tcpip" /> <EventID Qualifiers="32768">4291</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>3</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>...
  7. Ipv4/ipv6

Ipv4/ipv6: My Wifi was not working on my pc but it was every where else so I used the Network Reset feature which was reccomended to me by the trouble shoot guide and now there are loads of issues. First when i go to the wifi tab in the bottom right it doesn’t say anything except...
  8. Windows 10 No IPV4 Connectivity, Ipv6 works fine.

Windows 10 No IPV4 Connectivity, Ipv6 works fine.: Suddenly today my laptop decided I cannot reach any IPV4 websites but IPV6 websites work fine. I checked the Wifi adapter status and it shows NO IPV4 Connectivity. This laptop was not on the latest 2004 update so I did the update and STILL no connectivity. Another thing I...
  9. ipv4/ipv6 disconnected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ipv4/ipv6 disconnected: i have a hp stream laptop and after a update it wont connect to any wireless network and i have tried everything, even factory reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipv4ipv6-disconnected/fa296f44-81e8-443d-95c9-84380c06412a
  10. IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?

IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?: Hi, I did a clean install of my Win10 Home about a week ago and it all turned out for the good. However, tonight while nosing around my Network Connections I notice I am connected to the Internet by Ethernet (Realtek PCle GBF Family Controller) which I thought I was since...