Windows 10: IPv6 is stopping me from browsing webpages.

Discus and support IPv6 is stopping me from browsing webpages. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, I was recently facing an issue with my PC, my computer was not connecting to most of the webpages and was throwing an error "Can't connect... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Anurag_Mondal, Feb 21, 2020.

1. IPv6 is stopping me from browsing webpages.

Hi there,

I was recently facing an issue with my PC, my computer was not connecting to most of the webpages and was throwing an error "Can't connect securely to this page" after it failed to do a TLS handshake with the server. So I posted a query in community and I was suggested multiple solutions, after trying all of themonly one seemed to work for me, i.e. to disable the IPv6. But I was not sure if that was the solution so I only disabled IPv6 in Firefox and let Microsoft Edge use IPv6. And as it turns out that it was IPv6 that was stopping my connection, because now only Microsoft Edge can't load the Webpages whereas Firefox works smooth.

Note: I do not have any Antivirus installed in my PC, I use Malwarebytes when I need to scan my pc and then after the scan uninstall it right away. I'm informing this because some of you might think, and I was also said this before, that any antivirus is changing the certificate, but it is not possible as you see

So I want to know if there's any fix to this IPv6 issue or I have to rely on IPv4 for the rest of the time.

And also what are the risks did I take by disabling IPv6 in Firefox?

:)

Anurag_Mondal, Feb 21, 2020

2. Bluescreen during browsing webpage

there is auto windows update for 2018-10 cumulative update for windows 10, and kaspersky internet security auto updated to 19 version, few day later after update it give bluescreen of KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED when
    browsing internet webpage. Then I try to update the Realtek network card driver, but it did not solve the problem and
    now new bluescreen message is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I had tried the troubleshooting steps but it still the same thing happen when I browse webpage.

lambdaalbert, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Webpages not loading on Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused regarding the webpages as you are not able to open them. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. Are you getting any error code or error message while you are opening webpages?

2. Is this issue specific to any particular browser?

3. Are you able to open the webpages in Inprivate mode?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run the Edge or IE using InPrivate browser option and check the issue status.

Refer to these steps to open Edge or IE using
    InPrivate browser option.

Open the IE and press Shift + Ctrl + P

OR

1. Open the Edge, then click on more options (...)

2. Click on New InPrivate window.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reset the settings on the Microsoft Edge web browser to check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Steps to Reset Edge:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.
    • After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.
    • Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.
    • Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.

I suggest you to try opening the websites with Add-ons on and check if it helps. Refer the steps provided to enable Add-ons on Internet Explorer 11 in the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Reply us with more information to assist you better.

Anup Karkal, Feb 21, 2020
  4. IPv6 is stopping me from browsing webpages.

The official TPU IPv6 thread

most ISPs havnt bothered with IPv6 yet. i have verizon, one of the USA's largest providers and i get

from this test Test your IPv6.

Easy Rhino, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

IPv6 is stopping me from browsing webpages.

1. IPv6 is stopping me from browsing webpages. - Similar Threads - IPv6 stopping browsing

2. How to stop IPv6 ip address from changing every day?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop IPv6 ip address from changing every day?: My IPv4 address rarely changes. My IPv6 address changes every day. This is a problem because my IP address gets added to a whitelist so I can access a work network computer, so I have to update the whitelist every day. QUESTION: Is there a way to tell Windows 10 to not get...
  3. My PC stopped browsing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My PC stopped browsing: My windows 10 pc stopped browsing for some time now. It connects and disconnects withing seconds and when i check the connection status it reads, you are connected but cannot access the internet and at some other time it readsyou are connected to the internet, but it still...
  4. stop windows from enabling ipv6

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    stop windows from enabling ipv6: Windows 10 keep enabling IPV6 everytime my computer shuts down, and for my vpn to work properly i cannot have ipv6 turned on, how do i turn this off without windows turning it back on submitted by /u/leo14770 [link] [comments]...
  5. stop ipv6 from automatically enabling

stop ipv6 from automatically enabling: How to stop ivp6 from automatically enabling ? I tried to disable it in registry and it didn't work and i can't disable it in my modem. I don't know any other way, i want to stick to ipv4 for now. How to prevert ipv6 from automatically enabling ??? 139409
  6. stop music during browsing

stop music during browsing: how do I stop back round music during browsing selection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-music-during-browsing/dfa119f8-8d95-45eb-95a4-e4525f11b757
  7. Bluescreen during browsing webpage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen during browsing webpage: Hi, my PC get bluescreen for DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when I browsing internet webpage. Previous bluescreen message is KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, so I thought it is my PC network card driver problem, so I update the driver for Realtek network card driver downloaded...
  8. After browsing for a while no webpages will load on any browser

After browsing for a while no webpages will load on any browser: I just got a new laptop, and I use it to browse and stuff. After browsing for a while, maybe 30 minutes to 3 hours, most/all webpages just keep loading forever on every browser. No other devices in my house do this. However, when I plug the laptop computer into ethernet it...
  9. Random BSOD tcpip.sys when browsing webpages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD tcpip.sys when browsing webpages: This has been a reoccurring problem for a while. Its like it comes and goes away rather randomly. However today, my computer BSOD'd when I was just trying to read articles on Free MMORPG List and MMO Games - MMORPG.com. Like I would go there and open a few tabs and then boom...
  10. a webpage (in edge) prevents me from reaching menu

in Browsers and Email
    a webpage (in edge) prevents me from reaching menu: Sirs, I tried to type in rottentomatoes.com (a website of movie reviews) and must have mistyped something, because I got a web page warning me of an error, and then it greyed out all the browser, so I can't get at the menu to clear the cache and get rid of this obviously...