Windows 10: IPv6 Looses Connectivity on Reboot

Discus and support IPv6 Looses Connectivity on Reboot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Everytime I fully shut down my computer or reboot it, my IPv6 internet keeps dropping. I do have IPv6 from my ISP and I am using Google's public DNS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cshadd, Sep 20, 2015.

1. cshadd Win User

IPv6 Looses Connectivity on Reboot

Everytime I fully shut down my computer or reboot it, my IPv6 internet keeps dropping. I do have IPv6 from my ISP and I am using Google's public DNS servers for my IPv6. Everytime it looses connectivity, it still remains connected to the network but the connection then switches to IPv4. Can I get some information on how to fix this?

:)

cshadd, Sep 20, 2015
  2. RogerSC Win User

1511 update, lose IPv6 connectivity a few minutes after reboot

I've installed the 1511 update (threshold 2) on my desktop computer. It has always worked correctly with my dual stack IPv4 and IPv6 LAN, with both Windows 8 and Windows 10. Now, after the update, it
    will initially have IPv6 working after I reboot. Then, after a few minutes, IPv6 will stop working, and I see "no internet connectivity" for IPv6 from the Network and Sharing connection properties, even though the other clients in my house still have IPv6
    connectivity.

So far, I've tried using netsh to reset the winsock catalog and the tcp stack, and have installed the latest network interface driver from the OEM. I also tried disabling IPv4, and seeing if the network
    troubleshooter could get the IPv6 connectivity going. That didn't help, either.

At this point, this behavior is a mystery to me. Right now, no IPv6 on this desktop. If I rebooted the computer, IPv6 connectivity would be restored for a few minutes...I have no idea how to troubleshoot
    this one, it's just strange.

Any help or ideas on what directions to go with this?

Thanks!

RogerSC, Sep 20, 2015
  3. Network Connectivity

Don't install anything else. Deactivate IPv6 on your network device, so in the end you use only IPv4 addressing. In 89% of all network connection problems it is a faulty IPv6 implementation. Do not forget to reboot.

Frank Loizzi, Sep 20, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

What type router are you using? It may need a firmware upgrade.

5. cshadd Win User
    I checked and none need a firmware upgrade. I am able to restore IPv6 connection manually but it becomes a pain.

I have two routers, the first one is a ARRIS Modem/Router TG1672G.
    Then I have one upstairs that uses a bridging function, a Netgear R6200v2 to connect to the ARRIS one.

Both support IPv6

cshadd, Sep 21, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    Yes, that can be a pain. How does it act when you set the DNS to auto configure, instead of google dns?

7. cshadd Win User
    It gets the IPv6 DNS from my ISP. That doesn't change it from auto disabling on every reboot.

cshadd, Sep 21, 2015
  8. Dude Win User

Have you considered using open source firmware, IE DD-WRT or Tomato?

9. cshadd Win User
    Not really, I don't know if I want to replace my router's firmware. Is one of them not compatible with IPv6?

cshadd, Sep 23, 2015
  10. Dude Win User
  11. cshadd Win User
    Does it have the same functions? I do need bridging support.

I don't understand why the router can't keep IPv6 up.

cshadd, Sep 23, 2015
  12. Dude Win User
Thema:

1. IPv6 Looses Connectivity on Reboot - Similar Threads - IPv6 Looses Connectivity

2. IPv6 Heisenberg connectivity?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IPv6 Heisenberg connectivity?: Hello. So I have a Windows machine that has IPv6 connectivity, yet Windows is claiming that it doesn't.On test-ipv6.com I'm getting 10/10. On ipv6-test.com, both on that machine and on another Windows machine which goes through the same main router for the Internet purpose,...
  3. IPv6 Heisenberg connectivity?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IPv6 Heisenberg connectivity?: Hello. So I have a Windows machine that has IPv6 connectivity, yet Windows is claiming that it doesn't.On test-ipv6.com I'm getting 10/10. On ipv6-test.com, both on that machine and on another Windows machine which goes through the same main router for the Internet purpose,...
  4. IPv6 Heisenberg connectivity?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Loose shortcuts on reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Loose shortcuts on reboot: When I reboot my computer, it deletes my background, removes shortcuts on the desktop, and comes up with the welcome to window page. It also adds back taskbar items that were removed, and reloads Microsoft Edge. How can I get it to stop doing this, and reboot to where I...
  6. IPv6 connectivity no external connection

IPv6 connectivity no external connection: Despite getting email and google I can't install some programmes as I am told it is not online. Have checked the Wi-Fi connection but no result....
  7. ipv6 connectivity

ipv6 connectivity: hi all windows 10 users how to get ipv6 to connect acer E1-570. in my network and sharing it shows ipv4 internet connected but ipv6 says no internet connection do I need to have ipv6 connected and is it important my internet is fine l dont understand this any help welcome...
  8. IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?

IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?: Hi, I did a clean install of my Win10 Home about a week ago and it all turned out for the good. However, tonight while nosing around my Network Connections I notice I am connected to the Internet by Ethernet (Realtek PCle GBF Family Controller) which I thought I was since...
  9. Loosing connection for a while

Loosing connection for a while: Hello. Iam loosing connection with an internet for a couple of seconds every time I connect to the VPN, Steam or starting a few other applications. I had this same problem with Win8 and now with fresh Win10 but not with Win7. What can cause this behavior? As you can see there...
  10. IPV6 connectivity problems

IPV6 connectivity problems: Are there any people around here with IPV6 experience? I've got a Fritzbox 7490 and my provider supports IPV6 by a 6RD tunnel. I'm pretty sure that the connection to the provider works since the Fritzbox web interface shows IPV6 as "connected" and it also shows an address and...