Windows 10: IPv6 settings not persistent

Discus and support IPv6 settings not persistent in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Problem : After hybernate or sleep my laptop loses its WiFi IPv6 global address. Only Link Local address is still there, hence IPv6 interface seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Frank v.d.Laar, Jan 14, 2020.

1. IPv6 settings not persistent

Problem :

After hybernate or sleep my laptop loses its WiFi IPv6 global address. Only Link Local address is still there, hence IPv6 interface seems to function.

Workaround:

I follow the EasyFix option "Prefer IPv6 over IPv4 in prefix policies"as pointed out onhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us...onfiguring-ipv6-in-windows-for-advanced-users

I have downloaded the linked file MicrosoftEasyFix20171.mini.diagcab to my laptop for futher use.

Each time I lose my IPv6 connection I run the downloaded MicrosoftEasyFix20171.mini.diagcab file and restart my laptop.

Question:

How can I make the "fix" permanent?

My configuration is:

Laptop ASUS T100 32bit with Windows 10 Home, 1809, build 17736.914

IPv6 configuratie as far as I can see:

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : localdomain
    IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : XXXX:XXX:XXXX:X:dead:abba:beaf:cafe
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::dead:abba:beaf:cafe%23
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.111
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::cafe:abba:dead:beaf%23

set privacy state=disabled

set interface interface="Wi-Fi" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled

set interface interface="LAN-connection* 1" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled

:)

Frank v.d.Laar, Jan 14, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

World IPv6 Launch Solidifies Global Support for New Internet Protocol

Major Internet service providers (ISPs), home networking equipment manufacturers, and web companies around the world are coming together to permanently enable IPv6 for their products and services by 6 June 2012.

Organized by the Internet Society, and building on the successful one-day World IPv6 Day event held on 8 June 2011, World IPv6 Launch represents a major milestone in the global deployment of IPv6. As the successor to the current Internet Protocol, IPv4, IPv6 is critical to the Internet’s continued growth as a platform for innovation and economic development.

IPv6 settings not persistent 169a_thm.jpg

“The fact that leading companies across several industries are making significant commitments to participate in World IPv6 Launch is yet another indication that IPv6 is no longer a lab experiment; it's here and is an important next step in the Internet’s evolution,” commented Leslie Daigle, the Internet Society’s Chief Internet Technology Officer. “And, as there are more IPv6 services, it becomes increasingly important for companies to accelerate their own deployment plans.”

ISPs participating in World IPv6 Launch will enable IPv6 for enough users so that at least 1% of their wireline residential subscribers who visit participating websites will do so using IPv6 by 6 June 2012. These ISPs have committed that IPv6 will be available automatically as the normal course of business for a significant portion of their subscribers. Committed ISPs are:
    • AT&T
    • Comcast
    • Free Telecom
    • Internode
    • KDDI
    • Time Warner Cable
    • XS4ALL
    Participating home networking equipment manufacturers will enable IPv6 by default through the range of their home router products by 6 June 2012. Committed equipment manufacturers are:
    • Cisco
    • D-Link
    Web companies participating in World IPv6 Launch will enable IPv6 on their main websites permanently beginning 6 June 2012. Inaugural participants are:
    • Facebook
    • Google
    • Microsoft Bing
    • Yahoo!
    Content delivery network providers Akamai and Limelight will be enabling their customers to join this list of participating websites by enabling IPv6 throughout their infrastructure.
    As IPv4 addresses become increasingly scarce, every segment of the industry must act quickly to accelerate full IPv6 adoption or risk increased costs and limited functionality online for Internet users everywhere. World IPv6 Launch participants are leading the way in this effort.

For more information about World IPv6 Launch, products and services covered, as well as links to useful information for users and information about how other companies may participate, visit World IPv6 Launch.

About the need for IPv6
    IPv4 has approximately four billion IP addresses (the sequence of numbers assigned to each Internet-connected device). The explosion in the number of people, devices, and web services on the Internet means that IPv4 is running out of space. IPv6, the next-generation Internet protocol which provides more than 340 trillion, trillion, trillion addresses, will connect the billions of people not connected today and will help ensure the Internet can continue its current growth rate indefinitely.

About the Internet Society
    The Internet Society is the world’s trusted independent source of leadership for Internet policy, technology standards and future development. Based on its principled vision and substantial technological foundation, the Internet Society works with its members and Chapters around the world to promote the continued evolution and growth of the open Internet through dialog among companies, governments, and other organizations around the world. For more information, see InternetSociety.org.

btarunr, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 14, 2020
  4. IPv6 settings not persistent

IPv6 No Internet Access.

The issue still persists after restarting computer and router.

It is the first time it occurred.

I tried the steps you had mentioned, but the issue still persists.

What should i do now?The drivers are up to date. It is saying that IPv6 has no internet access

TejaPonnada, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

IPv6 settings not persistent

1. IPv6 settings not persistent - Similar Threads - IPv6 settings persistent

2. IPv6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IPv6: I currently am trying to connect my WiFi to my Xbox so that I can binge more Netflix but every time I enter my password it comes up with an error message saying that I can’t connect. So I select “Set Up Network” and it says something about using IPv4 and I need to read up...
  3. Network connection settings problem IPv6 address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network connection settings problem IPv6 address: Hi everyone, I always choose to “Obtain an IPv6 address automatically” in my network settings, but the settings often change to “Use the following IPv6 address” by itself where the IPv6 address is changed to some weird values like fdaa::1:f2 and Subnet prefix length is...
  4. IPV6

IPV6: i want to uncheck the ipv6 in my network adapter properties but when i try to uncheck the ipv6 it doesnt do anything and when i spam it it unchecks but when i click ok i get a messgae saying An unexpected condition occurred. Not all of your requested changes settings could...
  5. ipv6?

ipv6?: How to use it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipv6/47acc017-4def-4143-8976-40c06deebfd7
  6. IPv6

IPv6: What impact will it have (if any) on the Network, if one un-ticks IPv6 in W10 Network and Sharing on all adapters, including the VPN. Thanks. T. 135636
  7. IPv6

IPv6: (IPv4&IPv6) connectivity is disconnected on my computer. Does anyone know where the problem would be? I am using a Motorola MB7220 modem and a netgear AC-1750 router. I logged into modem and it showed a blank line where the IPv6 address should have been. I haven't unplugged...
  8. IPv6

IPv6: My computer has a network setting for IPv4 but none for IPv6. Is there no more IPv6? My computer is 6 months old. It is an HP laptop model 15-bs013dx. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipv6/b8eef6b4-0fc4-497d-b871-da7bce2f2b57
  9. IPV6

in Windows 10 Customization
    IPV6: What is an IPV6 stack and where do I find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/ipv6/c1cf0dcd-a316-4169-afec-1a510d216d51
  10. Homegroup set up requires IPV6

Homegroup set up requires IPV6: Trying to get my W7 machine in the workgroup with W8.1 and W10. On the W7 side I get an error saying I need IPV6? How to get that turned on? My router has it enabled but when looking at my adapter, the IPV6 portion is blank. It is set to auto, my isp is not doing IPV6 yet. Tx...