Windows 10: IR Camera Front not working Surface Book 2 15"

Discus and support IR Camera Front not working Surface Book 2 15" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have a Surface book 2 and the IR Camera Front was working initially, just after the first boot. But after some day of use, updates etc.. now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cente, Nov 29, 2018.

1. cente Win User

IR Camera Front not working Surface Book 2 15"

Hi

I have a Surface book 2 and the IR Camera Front was working initially, just after the first boot.

But after some day of use, updates etc.. now is not working anymore.

In Device panel it says STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

I tried any possible way...rolling back drivers as possible

installing all the surface drivers from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56261

Re-run some update from win update

Last ....installing new Windows builds of windows insider ( now I'm on it)

But the camera has always the yellow signal on it in the device panel.

It was nice to use Hello to log-in but I had this chance only 2 times!!!

Please can someone help me?

:)

cente, Nov 29, 2018

2. SURFACE BOOK 2 - IR FRONT CAMERA AND REAR CAMERA ISSUE

Click Start > Settings > Privacy > Camera

Toggle on Allow apps to access your Camera

Can you try the steps suggested in this thread for further throubleshooting?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/for...

Andre for Directly, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Book Firmware Updates - Oct. 11th 2017

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

See also: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (11 October 2017) Surface

Offline download: Download Surface Book Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Book 2 coming to all Surface markets

Source: Surface Book 2 coming to all Surface markets - Microsoft Devices Blog

Brink, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

1. IR Camera Front not working Surface Book 2 15" - Similar Threads - Camera Front working

2. Camera IR microsoft surface go 2 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera IR microsoft surface go 2 not working: Hi!Windows hello on surface go 2 is not working. Upon checking, Microsoft IR camera driver is missing. This happens after doing windows update. Can you send me a driver or direct link to the driver?Already downloaded the surface go 2 driver and firmware from this link ->...
  3. Camera IR microsoft surface go 2 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera IR microsoft surface go 2 not working: Hi!Windows hello on surface go 2 is not working. Upon checking, Microsoft IR camera driver is missing. This happens after doing windows update. Can you send me a driver or direct link to the driver?Already downloaded the surface go 2 driver and firmware from this link ->...
  4. Camera IR microsoft surface go 2 not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Surface Book 2 Camera stopped working

Microsoft Surface Book 2 Camera stopped working: I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2. I installed Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H today, and when I restarted, my camera could not be started. I have tried uninstalling all of my camera resources and reinstalling them. I uninstalled the update. Nothing works. In...
  6. Microsft IR Camera Front missing from Surface Pro 6

Microsft IR Camera Front missing from Surface Pro 6: Good day, I unistalled the Microsoft IR Camera driver from my Surface Pro6, how do I reinstall the driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsft-ir-camera-front-missing-from-surface-pro/61cea09c-8a4c-4c7a-a114-3c48b2e11c5c
  7. Windows IR front camera missing

Windows IR front camera missing: Hello, I'm trying to use Windows Hello face, but with no success. I'm using Lenovo 720 Miix-12ikb which has IR camera to support hello face. When first booted, Windows offered to set it up, which I declined. Now I want to do it, but in the account page, it says there is no...
  8. Camera in Windows 10(surface book 2 15 inch)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera in Windows 10(surface book 2 15 inch): I would like to be able to open the camera to use it as a mirror quickly before meetings etc, but when I do if I need to actually do something with my hair the image confuses me because when I raise my right hand it's on the left side of my screen. I thought there was a way...
  9. Surface Book 2 15" Blue Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 15" Blue Screen: Recently got a blue screen, it restarted, then got another after using it for about 15 minutes. It has been over an hour and it has not happened again. I was off guard when it happened so I did not get the error code. I looked at the event viewer and the critical errors were...
  10. Surface Book 2 - Camera Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 - Camera Freeze: Hi I'm running a surface book 2 i5 with 64bit Windows 10. After 10 to 50 seconds into using my built in camera (front and rear) the image of the camera freezes and the little white light goes out. This happens with the native windows camera app as well as with third party...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface book 2 camera not working

2. surface book 2 front camera not working

3. camera not working surface book 2

4. latitude 5290 2 in 1 front camera not working,
  5. ir camera not working surface book 2,
  6. ir camera not working surface,
  7. ir camera surface book 2