Windows 10: Ir camera not working

Discus and support Ir camera not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently bought a latitude 5290 2 in 1 and according to the system configuration on dell emc, it shows that I have one IR camera. But its been one... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Monish Ramba, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Ir camera not working

I recently bought a latitude 5290 2 in 1 and according to the system configuration on dell emc, it shows that I have one IR camera. But its been one month and i'm unable to start it. When I try to go to device manager to fix it, it has no option of imaging devices and under cameras, it shows that I have only Intel(R) AV stream camera, while I have a front, a back, and possible, as per configuration, an IR camera too

Can anyone pls help me with this issue ASAP

:)

Monish Ramba, Sep 15, 2019

2. Can Windows Hello face authentication support 2 IR Cameras

We have a laptop that has an IR Camera with Windows Hello face authentication setup and working, but when the user docks their laptop usually has the lid closed so can't use the built in laptop IR camera. We setup and external IR camera to try and resolve
    this, but it doesn't work the laptop appears to be able to only use 1 IR camera for Windows Hello. If we disable the laptop IR camera the external camera works, but then the laptop IR camera doesn't work when they're mobile. Is there anyway that Windows Hello
    can you both cameras or somehow disable the laptop IR camera when docked?

Randy-Gleason, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Aj420 Win User
    Windows Update-Mixed reality & IR camera not working

After installing the latest windows updates (KB4340917) my mixed reality portal & my IR camera is not working. My PC also takes quite long during start up. I was able to sort this problem by uninstalling the update but the issue with the WMR and IR camera
    has not been sorted.

Aj420, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Ir camera not working

IR camera problem

Hello Guys

Of late, I've been facing a lot of issues regarding ir camera

According to my dell quick start guide manual, the 2nd dot above screen means IR camera, and I have that, so I think it should support windows hello, right ?

But the realtek ir camera driver which I installed from dell drivers and downloads, doesn't do anything except for asking me to restart again and again. So guys, can you pls help me with this issue

I am using Dell Latitude 5290 2 in 1 that supports win 10 pro

Monish Ramba, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Ir camera not working

1. Ir camera not working - Similar Threads - camera working

2. my camera has stopped working and I have tried everything- some suggest that I purchase a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my camera has stopped working and I have tried everything- some suggest that I purchase a...: How do I get my camera working again I have an hp all in one with a camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-has-stopped-working-and-i-have-tried/8bb16e00-989c-46e9-862c-6904f5875a4d
  3. my camera has stopped working and I have tried everything- some suggest that I purchase a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my camera has stopped working and I have tried everything- some suggest that I purchase a...: How do I get my camera working again I have an hp all in one with a camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-has-stopped-working-and-i-have-tried/8bb16e00-989c-46e9-862c-6904f5875a4d
  4. Camera not working with applications and websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not working with applications and websites: My camera works but applications/websites such as Google Meet and Microsoft Teams show error. I checked Device Manager and I see 2 drivers with the same name but one shows as "USB video device" and the other as "Realtek PC Camera driver". Does that mean the applications are...
  5. Camera not working with applications and websites

Camera not working with applications and websites: My camera works but applications/websites such as Google Meet and Microsoft Teams show error. I checked Device Manager and I see 2 drivers with the same name but one shows as "USB video device" and the other as "Realtek PC Camera driver". Does that mean the applications are...
  6. Camera not working with applications and websites

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Why is my camera app not working properly?

Why is my camera app not working properly?: The camera light doesn’t turn on when I open the camera app, and it just displays a black screen. There is no error message and when I click the button to take a picture, it works. I just can’t see the preview - for either photo or video. I restarted my computer, made sure my...
  8. Why is my camera app not working properly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my camera app not working properly?: The camera light doesn’t turn on when I open the camera app, and it just displays a black screen. There is no error message and when I click the button to take a picture, it works. I just can’t see the preview - for either photo or video. I restarted my computer, made sure my...
  9. How do I make camera work in Zoom?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make camera work in Zoom?: It says there is no camera. I went into connecttime app and the camera worked. but it did not once the computer updated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-camera-work-in-zoom/3287936c-25f3-4267-b43a-bf57bb497d3f
  10. How do I make camera work in Zoom?

How do I make camera work in Zoom?: It says there is no camera. I went into connecttime app and the camera worked. but it did not once the computer updated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-camera-work-in-zoom/3287936c-25f3-4267-b43a-bf57bb497d3f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. latitude 5290 2-in-1 ir camera

2. dell 5290 webcam not working