Windows 10: Irda adapter not working

Discus and support Irda adapter not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the latest Microsoft update, my usb to Irda adapter does not work. This was the problem a few years ago when Microsoft introduced windows 10. A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SugaryRain62, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Irda adapter not working

After the latest Microsoft update, my usb to Irda adapter does not work. This was the problem a few years ago when Microsoft introduced windows 10. A update to Windows 10 solved this issue back then. It seems that the issue is back. I have installed the correct drivers and still have no communication with my devices. I get a code 28 on my irda device.

:)

SugaryRain62, Sep 16, 2018

2. IrDA-Adapter not working under Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you with the issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What is the exact issue are you facing with
      IrDA-Adapter?
    • What happens when you try to connect to
      IrDA-Adapter?
    • Are you able to connect to other network directly?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

Reply with the necessary information to help you troubleshoot the issue. I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 16, 2018
  3. IrDA-Adapter not working under Windows 10

any solution out there for the problem using IrDA-Adapter under Windows 10? it is unacceptable form microsoft side just to ignor this issue, I've got couple of devices which need IrdA connection

bubblemakerZM, Sep 16, 2018
  4. A65er Win User

Irda adapter not working

Enabling Irda in Windows 10 (Infrared Remote Control)

I have an Infrared Remote originally designed to use with Windows 7 MCE. Only recently I noticed that it had stopped working and so I started some research on the web to find the solution. To cut a long story short I found this technical article which appeared to be the solution:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-version-1511
    It only applies to Win10 version 1511. It so happened that I was having a lot of other problems relating to corruption of my installation of Windows (Ashampoo Burning studio was refusing to work properly and crashing) so decided to do a reinstall and follow the above article immediately afterwards. I now have Win10 version 1511 installed. I have a lot of updates to install but am quite prepared to reinstall to go back to ver 1511 to get this to work.

I managed to follow the instructions as far as enabling Irda in an elevated command prompt and got the ".../done" response for both commands. However, when I tried the next step of "flushing the updated configuration information to the registry" (step 2) There was no "IrDA network device" under Network Adapters in Device Manager.
    I even followed the same steps again using the hidden system Administrator account thinking this may be some sort of permission problem. That didn't work either.

Now I am stuck. Is there anyone out there who can a suggest anything to help please?

A65er, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Irda adapter not working

1. Irda adapter not working - Similar Threads - Irda adapter working

2. IrDA optional app.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IrDA optional app.: How do I add the IrDA app to windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/irda-optional-app/11c3a448-9c23-420d-8c51-cb039e69d6e8
  3. IrDA does not work on Windows 10.0.18362 & 10.0.18363

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IrDA does not work on Windows 10.0.18362 & 10.0.18363: SigmaTel USB-IrDA dongle DriverVer=06/21/2006,6.0.6001.18000 not working on Windows 10.0.18362 & 10.0.18363 Error: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19 But, on ver. 10.0.17763 it...
  4. IrDA for Windows 10

IrDA for Windows 10: I see lots of discussions for the IrDA but no answers yet. I also have dive computer download problem. Need the IrDA to download info and set dive computer. Does anyone found a solution yet?...
  5. IRDA not working again

IRDA not working again: Hello, Since one of the recent updates, my IRDA adapter is not working again. The same happened a several years ago, then an update made it working for a long time and it's not working again. I tried to fix it via Device Manager, but avail. I was asked for a disk, because...
  6. Windows 10 Sigmatel USB-IRDA adapter driver settings

Windows 10 Sigmatel USB-IRDA adapter driver settings: Windows 10 Sigmatel USB-IRDA adapter driver settings are no longer valid. It was working up until early September. A new update has broken the driver ?...
  7. My Polar IrDA USB adapter stopped working after 1903 update

My Polar IrDA USB adapter stopped working after 1903 update: My Polar IrDA USB adapter stopped working after 1903 update, it was working fine before the update. When I connect it to my PC nothing happens, in the Device Manager i get error code 19. Any solutions?...
  8. IRDA WIN 10 does not work

IRDA WIN 10 does not work: Microsoft or someone else please help me. I can't get my polar adapter to work. I do everything as stated in various topics, but it does not help. In my opinion, the problem is this: when you type netcfg –u ms_irda netcfg –c p –I ms_irda as an administrator, I get the...
  9. IRDA WIN 10 does not work

IRDA WIN 10 does not work: Hello everyone, microsoft or someone else please help me. I can't get my polar adapter to work. I do everything as stated in various topics, but it does not help. In my opinion, the problem is this: when you type netcfg –u ms_irda netcfg –c p –I ms_irda as an...
  10. USB IrDA devices no longer work in W10

USB IrDA devices no longer work in W10: Couldn't get my USB IR adapter to work in W10 and found the answer in the link below. http://borncity.com/win/2015/09/02/windows-10-infrared-irda-stack-is-removed/ 24624

Users found this page by searching for:

1. irda infrared windows 10

2. how to install irda stack through powershell

3. IRDA not loading

4. ms_irda not uninstalled,
  5. irda adapter not working,
  6. Windows 10 Pro: USB IrDA adapter driver installation failed,
  7. irda not working