Windows 10: IrDA optional app.

Discus and support IrDA optional app. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I add the IrDA app to windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/irda-optional-app/11c3a448-9c23-420d-8c51-cb039e69d6e8 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bfd219, Aug 17, 2020.

1. bfd219 Win User

IrDA optional app.

How do I add the IrDA app to windows 10.

:)

bfd219, Aug 17, 2020
  2. 4kdn Win User

Windows 10 IRDA stack

*****NEWS FLASH*****

The IRDA stack is NOT gone. I heard from a diver on another forum and found a fix.

Alternative: on windows interface:

To remove:

Go to Settings -> Apps and Features -> Optional Features

Select IrDA Infrared and click uninstall.

To Install

Go to Settings -> Apps and Features -> Optional Features

Add a feature (top of list)

Select IrDA Infrared from the list.

It installs and should be visible in the Optional Features list.

Go back to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items and hopefully you will now see Infra Red icon and features.

I had to go an extra mouse click. In the "Options" panel, I did not find the IRDA app there. There is a button at the top of the page with "ADD+" . I clicked on that and a bunch of Apps showed up such as "Hebrew characters", "Chinese
    characters", etc. Scrolling down that list I found IRDA. Clicked on it, it installed and my IRDA device is working perfectly. Also checked Device Manager and the orange triangle with the "!" is gone. Hope this helps your Master Scuba Instructor friend.

3. IRDA device in Windows 10

To isolate your concern, we'll need some information:

• Have you just recently upgraded to Windows 10?
    • Are you trying to update your IRDA?
    • What seems to be the problem with IRDA?
    We're looking forward to your response.

Jesebel Ova, Aug 17, 2020
  4. A65er Win User

IrDA optional app.

Enabling Irda in Windows 10 (Infrared Remote Control)

I have an Infrared Remote originally designed to use with Windows 7 MCE. Only recently I noticed that it had stopped working and so I started some research on the web to find the solution. To cut a long story short I found this technical article which appeared to be the solution:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-version-1511
    It only applies to Win10 version 1511. It so happened that I was having a lot of other problems relating to corruption of my installation of Windows (Ashampoo Burning studio was refusing to work properly and crashing) so decided to do a reinstall and follow the above article immediately afterwards. I now have Win10 version 1511 installed. I have a lot of updates to install but am quite prepared to reinstall to go back to ver 1511 to get this to work.

I managed to follow the instructions as far as enabling Irda in an elevated command prompt and got the ".../done" response for both commands. However, when I tried the next step of "flushing the updated configuration information to the registry" (step 2) There was no "IrDA network device" under Network Adapters in Device Manager.
    I even followed the same steps again using the hidden system Administrator account thinking this may be some sort of permission problem. That didn't work either.

Now I am stuck. Is there anyone out there who can a suggest anything to help please?

A65er, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

IrDA optional app.

1. IrDA optional app. - Similar Threads - IrDA optional app

2. IRDA optionnal feature refuses to be installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IRDA optionnal feature refuses to be installed: The installation process for the IRDA optionnal feature is succesful but the feature does not appear in the list of installed features. Morevover, in the device manager, there is a warning saying that no driver is existing...
  3. IrDA driver / stack support in Windows 11

IrDA driver / stack support in Windows 11: Hearing from colleagues that Windows 11 will not have continuous support for IrDA from Windows 11. Could this be confirmed ? And also advise the alternate path to use those IrDA infrared devices with Windows 11 or later releases ? Do we have support to have back compatibility...
  4. Windows 11 irDA stack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 irDA stack: Does Windows 11 have irDA support? I use a device that connects to my Windows 10 computer using irDA. I had problems when I upgraded to Windowds 10 because the support for an irDA stack had been removed. Some while later the support was added to a later version of Windows 10....
  5. Windows 11 irDA stack

Windows 11 irDA stack: Does Windows 11 have irDA support? I use a device that connects to my Windows 10 computer using irDA. I had problems when I upgraded to Windowds 10 because the support for an irDA stack had been removed. Some while later the support was added to a later version of Windows 10....
  6. IrDA for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IrDA for Windows 10: I see lots of discussions for the IrDA but no answers yet. I also have dive computer download problem. Need the IrDA to download info and set dive computer. Does anyone found a solution yet?...
  7. IRDA not working again

IRDA not working again: Hello, Since one of the recent updates, my IRDA adapter is not working again. The same happened a several years ago, then an update made it working for a long time and it's not working again. I tried to fix it via Device Manager, but avail. I was asked for a disk, because...
  8. Windows 10 IRDA stack

Windows 10 IRDA stack: I have a new computer with Windows 10 version 1903. Problem I am running into is an Infra Red USB adapter. I am a diver and my dive computer uses an IR port to transfer data back and forth to my PC. The USB IR adapter I use works fine on XP and Win 7 but not on Win 10. I...
  9. IRDA WIN 10 does not work

IRDA WIN 10 does not work: Microsoft or someone else please help me. I can't get my polar adapter to work. I do everything as stated in various topics, but it does not help. In my opinion, the problem is this: when you type netcfg –u ms_irda netcfg –c p –I ms_irda as an administrator, I get the...
  10. Irda adapter not working

Irda adapter not working: After the latest Microsoft update, my usb to Irda adapter does not work. This was the problem a few years ago when Microsoft introduced windows 10. A update to Windows 10 solved this issue back then. It seems that the issue is back. I have installed the correct drivers and...