Windows 10: IRM "Information Rights Management", DLP "Data Loss Prevention" software blocking infected...

Discus and support IRM "Information Rights Management", DLP "Data Loss Prevention" software blocking infected... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Team, Can you please help? I am having a issue with submitting a file for malware analysis to Microsoft Defender's website because it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jonathan Lee jlee102, Apr 14, 2021.

1. IRM "Information Rights Management", DLP "Data Loss Prevention" software blocking infected...

Hello Microsoft Team,

Can you please help? I am having a issue with submitting a file for malware analysis to Microsoft Defender's website because it is being blocked by IRM "Information Rights Management" I can not move this file into a zip file to submit it for a closer look. How can I flag this infected file for a closer look if IRM is blocking it with file permissions blocking me from submitting it into the Microsoft Defender Website for Malware analysis? If the file is blocked with IRM or DLP software? How can we flag a file for a submission into the Windows Defender Submission site if it is under DLP or IRM software management however is a suspected virus?

Thank you

Jonathan Lee

Adult Student

Internal Windows Defender Ticket with Microsoft: Please see Windows Defender submission ID below. Only part of the file could be included into the zipped file. So I submitted screenshots of the others because I could not add the other files into the zip file for submission.

07160624-882d-43df-835f-56e3b6064f0d

:)

Jonathan Lee jlee102, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Unifying Data Loss Prevention in Office 365

Source: Unifying Data Loss Prevention in Office 365 - Office Blogs

Brink, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Evolving Data Loss Prevention in SharePoint Online/OneDrive

Source: Evolving Data Loss Prevention in SharePoint Online/OneDrive for Business and Office applications - Office Blogs

Brink, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

IRM "Information Rights Management", DLP "Data Loss Prevention" software blocking infected...

OneDrive sync now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries

Source: OneDrive sync on Windows now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries - Microsoft Tech Community

Brink, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

IRM "Information Rights Management", DLP "Data Loss Prevention" software blocking infected...

1. IRM "Information Rights Management", DLP "Data Loss Prevention" software blocking infected... - Similar Threads - IRM Information Rights

2. Data Loss Prevention notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Loss Prevention notifications: I seem to be intermittently getting Data Loss Prevention notifications evaluating certain file operations on my pc. However my pc is not joined to any organization work or school so I am unsure why the policy is still in effect on my PC. It used to be part of an intune...
  3. Data Loss Prevention notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Loss Prevention notifications: I seem to be intermittently getting Data Loss Prevention notifications evaluating certain file operations on my pc. However my pc is not joined to any organization work or school so I am unsure why the policy is still in effect on my PC. It used to be part of an intune...
  4. How to encrypt data prevent data loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to encrypt data prevent data loss: OS: I'm multibooting- Win10- Win8.1- Win7- WinServer2022- WinServer2019- WinServer2016How to do it for each OS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-encrypt-data-prevent-data-loss/148ef413-d547-4f11-881e-c8fe5f06afb5
  5. How to encrypt data prevent data loss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to encrypt data prevent data loss: OS: I'm multibooting- Win10- Win8.1- Win7- WinServer2022- WinServer2019- WinServer2016How to do it for each OS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-encrypt-data-prevent-data-loss/148ef413-d547-4f11-881e-c8fe5f06afb5
  6. Issues with Information Rights Management IRM and creating a Zip file for Microsoft...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues with Information Rights Management IRM and creating a Zip file for Microsoft...: Hello Microsoft team, I am having a major issue I would like to submit a file for "malware analysis" to Microsoft however the IRM controls are blocking me from adding that specific infected file into a zip file, or moving it for submission to Windows defender. Take note...
  7. Owner of Powerpoint presentation that won't open because of IRM Information Rights Management

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Owner of Powerpoint presentation that won't open because of IRM Information Rights Management: Hello, I am the owner of a powerpoint presentation that won't open because of IRM Information Rights Management. It brings up a prompt to sign into Microsoft account, but when I enter in my email address, it says I am not signed into an Office account with permission to...
  8. Evolving Data Loss Prevention in SharePoint Online/OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    Evolving Data Loss Prevention in SharePoint Online/OneDrive: Everywhere your data exists, moves or is shared, we want to protect it. Office 365 has provided Data Loss Prevention (DLP) capabilities for email since Exchange 2013. As collaboration extends beyond email to sites and documents, we are extending the DLP capabilities to these...
  9. Garage Series: Bringing Data Loss Prevention to SharePoint

in Windows 10 News
    Garage Series: Bringing Data Loss Prevention to SharePoint: On this week’s show we invite back Asaf Kashi, a lead engineer on the information protection team. We introduce the information protection updates coming to Office 365 and demonstrate the upcoming Data Loss Prevention capabilities in SharePoint and OneDrive for Business, the...
  10. Unifying Data Loss Prevention in Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Unifying Data Loss Prevention in Office 365: All organizations, regardless of size and industry, have data that they consider sensitive. Data Loss Prevention (DLP) is an important capability for protecting this information from getting into the wrong hands. We are always looking to enhance the DLP solution in Office 365...