Windows 10: IRM issues with malware analysis submissions.

Discus and support IRM issues with malware analysis submissions. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Team, I am having a issue with submitting a file for malware analysis to Microsoft Defender because it is being blocked by IRM... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jonathan Lee jlee102, Apr 14, 2021.

1. IRM issues with malware analysis submissions.

Hello Microsoft Team,

I am having a issue with submitting a file for malware analysis to Microsoft Defender because it is being blocked by IRM "Information Rights Management" I can not move this file into a zip file or submit it for a closer look. How can I flag this infected file for a closer look if IRM is blocking it with file permissions from me submitting it to Microsoft Defender?

Thank you.

Internal please see Windows Defender submission ID below. Only part of the file could be included into the zipped file.

07160624-882d-43df-835f-56e3b6064f0d

:)

Jonathan Lee jlee102, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

OneDrive sync now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries

Source: OneDrive sync on Windows now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries - Microsoft Tech Community

Brink, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Submit a file exceed 50MB for Malware Analysis

We have a data extraction software (Web Scraping Tool & Free Web Crawlers | Octoparse) and for the last few week when our users download the software, they got "“Trojan” warnings from Windows Defender Anti-Virus
    Software.

So we would like to submit our software to Microsoft for Malware Analysis. But since our file exceeds the required size(50MB), we cannot submit the file on Sample Submission Portal. (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission)

We reached out to the support and he suggested we can upload the file to ONEDRIVE and mention the download link here.Here is the download ONEDRIVE link of the file that needs to be analyzed: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amq8iw_ioYjihCxisvSfaD_kyQ2A

There is NO malicious malware hidden in the files of our program, and the detection is a simple consequence of our protective mechanism being unidentified by Windows Anti-Virus software. In order to protect our intellectual property it employs a strict self-protective
    mechanism to prevent our coding from being infringed, decompiled or reversed. As Malware, viruses, and Trojans often disguise themselves with similar protection mechanism, anti-virus software often fail to distinguish the protection mechanism of a clean program
    and the disguise of a malware; this is exactly what is generating the false positive anti-virus detection of our software.

Please do review the file and reply with the analysis result. Thank you!

DianneHung, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Cliff S Win User

IRM issues with malware analysis submissions.

Super Secretive Malware Wipes Hard Drive to Prevent Analysis

Read more.
    Source: Ars Technica.

Cliff S, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

IRM issues with malware analysis submissions.

1. IRM issues with malware analysis submissions. - Similar Threads - IRM issues malware

2. Submit a file for malware analysis - submission pending for 10+ days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Submit a file for malware analysis - submission pending for 10+ days: Files submitted via the submission service https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission, e.g. to clear them from being incorrectly detected as malware/malicious, are now pending for days without any reaction.This process used to take 4-8 hours on average until a "final...
  3. Submit a file for malware analysis - submission pending for 10+ days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Submit a file for malware analysis - submission pending for 10+ days: Files submitted via the submission service https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission, e.g. to clear them from being incorrectly detected as malware/malicious, are now pending for days without any reaction.This process used to take 4-8 hours on average until a "final...
  4. How to submit multiple files for malware analysis 100+

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to submit multiple files for malware analysis 100+: I work for a software company, we have tons of .exe files from all our releases since 20 more years. All our .exes triggers the Windows defender SmartScreen which annoys our customers.We can't find a way to submit multiple files for analysis, only one per one... Is there a...
  5. Malware analysis

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware analysis: I am looking for information to what extent this Malware would have affected my computer. I am currently paranoid that it has the potential to have spread to my router and other devices, but I don't understand everything being outlined on the analysis website other than there...
  6. Error after File submission for False positive analysis

Error after File submission for False positive analysis: Hello team,I have been trying to submit false positives to MS for investigation, however, after I submit and select submission details I see the error.Can someone tell me the reason for this?Also, when does a file get detected as VirTool:MSIL/Aikaantivm.GG!MTB ? even though...
  7. File submit failed for malware analysis

File submit failed for malware analysis: Good afternoon.Recently, i've created a app that is being detected as malware in some PCs.I'm trying to upload it for analysis to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission but the form failed during upload process.Whan can i do?Thanks.Regards....
  8. Creating Azure VM for Malware Analysis Lab

Creating Azure VM for Malware Analysis Lab: Hello, I am still new in Cyber security word. I am thinking to create VM in Azure Linux remnux to analysis suspicious attachemnts, files etc... I am thinking if is any risk to my home pc - if potential malware can move some how from lab vm to my home pc - if i will use rdp...
  9. Submission for malware analysis

Submission for malware analysis: We are developing a desktop application and signing it with a Microsoft certificate. However, Microsoft Defender SmartScreen displays a message that the application may be malicious and prevents it from running. We sent the application to malware analysis and it successfully...
  10. Malware submission

Malware submission: I have the source code to a known malware (at least is known on wiki), and as someone who has no knowledge in malware reverse engineering or the ability to assemble the source codes, i need to find someone who does. As of now i have found someone, but i dont really trust the...