Windows 10: IRQL is NOT < or =

Discus and support IRQL is NOT < or = in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 1. If my STOP Code is: IRQL is NOT < or =, please elaborate on what the programmer's coded as a cause to cause the print to screen stop code?2. Your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HarveyOttovich1, Jun 11, 2021.

1. IRQL is NOT < or =

1. If my STOP Code is: IRQL is NOT < or =, please elaborate on what the programmer's coded as a cause to cause the print to screen stop code?2. Your current release indicates no action to be taken since this version doesn't offer an action to be taken, unless I have missed something such as scanning the code?Respectively,Harvey G. OttovichBSEE, BA MATHEMATICS.Microsoft Tester

:)

HarveyOttovich1, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Stop Code "Driver IRQL not less or equal" after switching to Windows Insider Fast Ring

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the machine?
    • Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to this issue?

The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

This occurs when a driver tries to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high. This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses or a driver that
    was trying to execute code when the code itself was paged out. Possible causes for the page fault include the following:

• The function was marked as pageable and was running at an elevated IRQL (which includes obtaining a lock).
    • The function call was made to a function in another driver, and that driver was unloaded.
    • The function was called by using a function pointer that was an invalid pointer.

I suggest you to upload the mini dump files to know the root cause of the issue and troubleshoot accordingly.

Copy the Mini Dump files from C:\Windows\Mini Dump to your Desktop, zip up the files, and upload to the Cloud. Post the link for the same, so that we can examine.

Meanwhile, you may want to try the troubleshooting steps listed in
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check if it works for you.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    BSoD - IRQL not less or equal - minidump

Hi,

The IRQL Not Less or Equal blue screen
    error likely occurs due to driver issues. This can also be caused by insufficient system resources, corrupted system files, and software conflicts.
    For us to investigate the issue, please clarify the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using? To check it, follow the steps on this
      link.
    • Can you upload the mini dump file to your OneDrive and share again the link on this thread? Since it shown on the link that you've provided that it's no longer available.

Meanwhile, we suggest another way to troubleshoot this issue and it's by performing an in-place upgrade. It's a process of installing Windows 10 without removing the current Windows version installed on your computer. To perform an in-place
    upgrade, we suggest performing the steps provided by Andre Da Costa on this
    link
    . This will be able to
    repair corrupted system files while preserving your personal files, settings, and installed applications.

Feel free to post us back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Jun 11, 2021
  4. IRQL is NOT < or =

IRQL GT AT SYSTEM SERVICE

Hi Philippe,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• When exactly do you get this message?

• What is the complete error message you get?

• Are you able to boot to the desktop?

• Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    A blue screen error (also called a stop error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly.

The IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE bug check has a value of 0x0000004A. This indicates that a thread is returning to user mode from a system call when its IRQL is still above PASSIVE_LEVEL.

Let us try the following steps check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to start your computer in safe mode with Networking and check if the issue appears there as well. If it does not appear in safe mode with Networking place the computer in clean boot state
    to identify the culprit program running in the background creating this error.

Safe Mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Let us follow the steps suggested in the following article and check if ti helps in resolving the issue.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

IRQL is NOT < or =

1. IRQL is NOT < or = - Similar Threads - IRQL

2. BSOD - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: Experiencing frequent crashes that only occur when I attempt to play Steam. Not certain how to debug this further. The following is the output from when I analyze the dmp file:************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories **************...
  3. BSOD - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: Experiencing frequent crashes that only occur when I attempt to play Steam. Not certain how to debug this further. The following is the output from when I analyze the dmp file:************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories **************...
  4. BSOD - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSOD after installation of Visual Basic 6.0.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSOD after installation of Visual Basic 6.0.: I recently installed Visual Basic 6.0 on my Inspiron 3505 dell laptop which has 1 tb HDD. And today i encountered a BSOD as IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and under it said WHAT FAILED: amdkdag.sys. I didn't got any problem of BSOD before installing visual basic . I encountered the...
  6. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSOD after installation of Visual Basic 6.0.

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSOD after installation of Visual Basic 6.0.: I recently installed Visual Basic 6.0 on my Inspiron 3505 dell laptop which has 1 tb HDD. And today i encountered a BSOD as IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and under it said WHAT FAILED: amdkdag.sys. I didn't got any problem of BSOD before installing visual basic . I encountered the...
  7. Stopcode: Irql not less or equal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stopcode: Irql not less or equal: Hello,I have been getting BSOD at random times over the last weeks with error: Stopcode: Irql not less or equal.Following instructions given to other similar errors, I've uploaded the contents of C:\Windows\Minidump to:...
  8. Stopcode: Irql not less or equal

Stopcode: Irql not less or equal: Hello,I have been getting BSOD at random times over the last weeks with error: Stopcode: Irql not less or equal.Following instructions given to other similar errors, I've uploaded the contents of C:\Windows\Minidump to:...
  9. Stopcode: Irql not less or equal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. IRQL Not Less or Equal

IRQL Not Less or Equal: Hello, as of recent on my laptop, I've been receiving more frequent blue screens. Sometimes while playing games, I'll receive a blue screen error and it's been happening frequently enough to be an issue. I've kept my Windows and my graphics card drivers up to date, and yet...