Windows 10: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a frequent errors

Discus and support IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a frequent errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I just need help in analyzing my recent bsod. I have already bought new RAM sticks and I've been having this issue for almost 2 years. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by c.almeda, Jan 26, 2021.

1. c.almeda Win User

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a frequent errors

Hi I just need help in analyzing my recent bsod. I have already bought new RAM sticks and I've been having this issue for almost 2 years. I have installed new SSDs, installed OS multiple times, ran OCCT and memory tests with no errors. disabled C-state on bios. etc. I'm suspecting it's my motherboard or CPU. Whenever I have BSOD it's always this specific error. [COLOR=rgba30, 30, 30, 1]IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a. [/COLOR]There would come weeks without crashes but it has becoming more frequent. Any help would be appreciated. I am really tired with this troubleshooting ever since I built this PC.

PC specs:

Ryzen 7 3700x

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite

RTX 2070 Asus ROG strix

Seasonic 650w Gold PSU
    Samsung SSDs M.2 & 2.5"

Here's the link to my recent dumpfile:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jlumz3BRivtJTSi149IFmGRDhKZtUy5f/view?usp=sharing

:)

c.almeda, Jan 26, 2021

2. Irql_not_less_or_equal

So I have this clients PC that blue screens and gives a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP 0x0000000A error message. Error Goblin (link in sig) says the following:

And I have NO IDEA what the hell that means. It has wrapped around my head 5 times and caused it to explode. Ive ran memtest for 7 and a half hours and it didnt find any errors. I will probably run it again overnight just to be safe. Ive also cleaned out the computer with an air compressor and checked the hard drive for bad sectors are none are to be found.

Im trying like hell to avoid reinstalling Windows but it seems unlikely.

Im going to try updating some drivers and see what happens. Some of the drivers on this computer date back to 2007.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

EDIT:

Alright so it doesnt look like ill be able to get onto the internet to do anything because nearly every time i try, i get the BSOD. Format seems imminent.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Windows 10 64bit, IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal error

Hi Connor,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I would like to inform that IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal error indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to your system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop?
    • Does this issue persists only while playing games?

This Stop error message usually occurs during installation when there was an attempt in kernel mode to touch pageable memory at too high a process internal request level (IRQL). Typically,
    this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error include an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, or incompatible software.

If you are able to boot the device to desktop, try the below troubleshooting steps

Step 1: As an initial step,
    , I suggest you to download and install any pending updates on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 26, 2021
  4. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a frequent errors

Receive error blue screen error: irql_not_less_or_equal error

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you make any recent changes to computer settings or hardware?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

The error code 'irql_not_less_or_equal’ indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

I suggest you try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Download and install the latest firmware driver form the manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Update all the system drivers.

Refer to the following article and update all the drivers available.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

For more information, refer to the below link:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Also refer:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please follow the steps provided and check if the issue gets resolved.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a frequent errors

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a frequent errors - Similar Threads - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL frequent errors

2. Frequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD errors. Need help...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD errors. Need help...: I've been getting these BSOD errors every hour almost, I believe it's caused by AMD Chipset Drivers but I'm not sure because I don't really know how to read minidump files. I also tried fresh installing windows previously had win 11, now on win 10. Below is a link for the...
  3. Frequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD errors. Need help...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD errors. Need help...: I've been getting these BSOD errors every hour almost, I believe it's caused by AMD Chipset Drivers but I'm not sure because I don't really know how to read minidump files. I also tried fresh installing windows previously had win 11, now on win 10. Below is a link for the...
  4. Frequent Bluescreen / BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal

Frequent Bluescreen / BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal: Dear all,I have a lenovo legion 5 and frequently it has BSOD and most of the description is irql_not_less_or_equal.It has happened since 1-2 years ago when i used windows 11. I thought by downgrading it to Windows 10 it is the original windows when i bought the laptop but it...
  5. Frequent irql_not_less_or_equal and tcpip.sys errors. Can't discern cause.

Frequent irql_not_less_or_equal and tcpip.sys errors. Can't discern cause.: I have been getting somewhat irregular BSOD errors about irql_not_less_or_equal and tcpip.sys. I have looked through the various sources online to repair this error and so far I have been unsuccessful. Last night I was getting the BSOD almost back-to-back. I couldn't even get...
  6. irql_not_less_or_equal frequently occuring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    irql_not_less_or_equal frequently occuring: Recently out of nowhere my laptop has begun to randomly blue screen regardless of what i was currently doing from gaming to general surfing the internet.In the last couple days i have gotten 3 irql_not_less_or_equal bsods, 1 kmode_exception_not_handled bsod, and 1...
  7. irql_not_less_or_equal frequently occuring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    irql_not_less_or_equal frequently occuring: Recently out of nowhere my laptop has begun to randomly blue screen regardless of what i was currently doing from gaming to general surfing the internet.In the last couple days i have gotten 3 irql_not_less_or_equal bsods, 1 kmode_exception_not_handled bsod, and 1...
  8. Frequent BSOD crashing IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Frequent BSOD crashing IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: As of recent, my Pc would have a blue screen almost once everyday. It has started to get annoying and I have found out it has been caused by ntoskernl.exe I am running windows 10, 16 GB ram RTX 2070AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Here are the link to the dump...
  9. BSOD started getting frequent - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD started getting frequent - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi all, Lately i have been getting a few BSOD's. The first couple i never saw them as i had my PC idling overnight and it had restarted. Looked in Event Viewer but nothing jumps out what the fault it so i just assumed it was a power cut or something like that. However...
  10. Frequent PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA & IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Frequent PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA & IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello, I'm new to the forums, and I tried searching for this, but gave up after about 30 minutes of reading threads that were different from my problem. A few days ago, I started getting BSODs while playing Might and Magic Heroes VII. It got to the point where even launching...