Windows 10: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Kernal Security Error after RAM upgrade

Discus and support IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Kernal Security Error after RAM upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 7577 Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.928 with a single stick of 16GB RAM stock. I recently purchased a 16GBx2 RAM Kit from Crucial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TetraetthylLead, May 5, 2021.

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Kernal Security Error after RAM upgrade

I have a Dell Inspiron 7577 Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.928 with a single stick of 16GB RAM stock. I recently purchased a 16GBx2 RAM Kit from Crucial (CT2K16G4SFD832A) which per their compatibility tool should be compatible. I attempted to install the new RAM, both sticks individually would BSOD after POST and fail to boot into Windows. Thinking that the RAM was defective I went through the RMA process and received a replacement RAM kit. However, I run into the same error, with a single stick installed, I get a BSOD prior to the account login screen with a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error and with both sticks installed I get a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE again prior to the account login screen. As soon as I reinstall the stock RAM stick I can boot into Windows without difficulty and everything functions normally. Prior to installing the new RAM fast startup was disabled and bitlocker encryption was suspended. I can't boot into Windows with the new RAM kit so the logs were collected with the stock RAM stick.

:)

TetraetthylLead, May 5, 2021

2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Kernal Security Error after RAM upgrade

I have a Dell Inspiron 7577 Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.928 with a single stick of 16GB RAM stock. I recently purchased a 16GBx2 RAM Kit from Crucial (CT2K16G4SFD832A) which per their compatibility tool should be compatible. I attempted to install the new RAM, both sticks individually would BSOD after POST and fail to boot into Windows. Thinking that the RAM was defective I went through the RMA process and received a replacement RAM kit. However, I run into the same error, with a single stick installed, I get a BSOD prior to the account login screen with a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error and with both sticks installed I get a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE again prior to the account login screen. As soon as I reinstall the stock RAM stick I can boot into Windows without difficulty and everything functions normally. Prior to installing the new RAM fast startup was disabled and bitlocker encryption was suspended. I can't boot into Windows with the new RAM kit so the logs were collected with the stock RAM stick.

TetraetthylLead, May 5, 2021
  3. vittalacn Win User
    Kernal security check failure

I wanted to upgrade my system then i bought ram of 1GB ddr2 800mhz of transcendence when i installed in my dell inspiron desktop of module then its giving kernal security check failure please help me out through this problem

vittalacn, May 5, 2021
  4. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Kernal Security Error after RAM upgrade

kernal security check failure

I have a Lenovo PC that came with Windows 8, I upgraded to 8.1, and then to Windows 10. Now I am getting a blue screen with an error message that says it is a kernal security failure. How do I fix this so it will stop coming up on my screen?

WilliamJonesXX, May 5, 2021
Thema:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Kernal Security Error after RAM upgrade

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Kernal Security Error after RAM upgrade - Similar Threads - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Kernal Security

2. error 0xc0000221 after RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 0xc0000221 after RAM upgrade: error 0xc0000221 after installing 64gb ram then goes into a black screen loop after every boot. Put the 32gb ram back in and system works fine. Crucial website says my system supports 64gb. Old RAM is Corsair Vengeance 32gb 3200 and new RAM is Corsair Vengeance 64gb 3200....
  3. error 0xc0000221 after RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error 0xc0000221 after RAM upgrade: error 0xc0000221 after installing 64gb ram then goes into a black screen loop after every boot. Put the 32gb ram back in and system works fine. Crucial website says my system supports 64gb. Old RAM is Corsair Vengeance 32gb 3200 and new RAM is Corsair Vengeance 64gb 3200....
  4. error 0xc0000221 after RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Kernal security error. on bootloop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernal security error. on bootloop: Basically, my brother was playing a game then suddenly we got a BSOD that said something about a kernal security error. I restarted the pc but then it automatically shut down then back up again and then down again. Its stuck on a boot loop until i disconnect the power supply....
  6. blue screen and kernal security errors

blue screen and kernal security errors: hello guys! last night i started my laptop for online gaming and when the game just started i plugged my new headphones they were already having problems with some of the apps as they wont recognize teamspeak/csgo mic/volume but usually were usually fixed in 5-10 minsbut...
  7. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after ram installation but win7 32bit working!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after ram installation but win7 32bit working!: I have a desktop pc with 3GB RAM, win7 32bit and win10 64bit (both working fine). I installed 16GB RAM (throwing away the old 3GB). After that, win7 32bit is working fine (saying installed memory 16GB, 3,50GB usable). But when I boot from win10 64bit, I am getting a blue...
  8. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error after new ram.

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error after new ram.: I bought a new pair of ram sticks for my computer: Kingston HyperX FURY 8gb DDR3 DIMM 1866 MHz (2x4gb) After installing the ram properly, I started up the computer. It started booting and when it started loading windows it would say "preparing automatic repair" and and...
  9. BSOD - IRQL not less or equal - Kernal Security check failure

BSOD - IRQL not less or equal - Kernal Security check failure: Hi, this is my first time posting on a forum so apologies if I make any errors. About a week ago, I was forced to shut down to apply a MS update, after the update downloaded, I received a BSOD with the message in the title. I tried countless suggestions that I found on the...
  10. BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, KERNAL TRAP [ntkrnlmp.exe]

BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, KERNAL TRAP [ntkrnlmp.exe]: Hello to all! Since the time I finished building this PC till the present, I have unfortunately received an unbeffiting amount of Blue Screens which ranged different errors. Using WhoCrashed, it at one point detected a possible issue with my audio driver which was soon...